Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hood ornament

Fuck my life.

I broke the hood ornament on my 78 LTD It looks like pot metal to me...dont know if it could be welded or not.

I did have an Idea kinda... grind both surfaces flat, than drill a teeny tiny hole on both pieces, and thread in a teeny tiny stud, screw on with a bit of jb weld and it'd be fixed. But I dont think its possible.

Any suggestions besides this asshole http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/FORD-...#ht_2583wt_723 ?

It broke right where the wreath begins...in the thin spot.

While looking for other parts, Ive been to all the junkyards in a 150 mile radius of durham and non of them have a late 70s LTD. let alone with a hood ornament.

If someone has one...Ill GLADLY pay for it and shipping. Just not an outrageous price like that guy ^

If someone knows where I can order one online...that would make me really happy.

Those ornaments pop up on ebay, even NOS, for under 50 bucks fairly often

85 4 door 351 Civi Crown Victoria - Summer daily driver, sleeper in the making, and wildly inappropriate autocross machine
    160KMs 600cfm holley, shorty headers, 2.5" catted exhaust, 255/295 tires, cop shocks, cop swaybars, underdrive pulley, 2.73L gears.
    waiting for install: 3.27's, Poly bushings, boxed rear arms, 2500 stall converter, ported e7's, etc

06 Mazda 3 hatch 2.3L 5AT (winter beater that cost more than my summer car)

Comment

really? cause the only one I could find on there was that one in the link. I searched "ford LTD hood ornament"

Comment

pictures sure would help
        1988 MGM GS - Preferred Equipment Package 172A; InstaClear

1980 Lincoln Continental Coupe
        1994 MGM GS Montigua
        2005 F150 Lariat Scab 4x4 3.73 LS
        2002 Mustang GT Coupe

Comment

Originally posted by Jon View Post
          really? cause the only one I could find on there was that one in the link. I searched "ford LTD hood ornament"
          People suck at naming stuff on ebay. "ford hood" or "ford emblem" or whatever and sifting through all the results will allow you to not miss anything. For instance, I run into those fairly often on ebay looking for ornaments for my car despite it being almost a decade away from correct for my car.

85 4 door 351 Civi Crown Victoria - Summer daily driver, sleeper in the making, and wildly inappropriate autocross machine
          160KMs 600cfm holley, shorty headers, 2.5" catted exhaust, 255/295 tires, cop shocks, cop swaybars, underdrive pulley, 2.73L gears.
          waiting for install: 3.27's, Poly bushings, boxed rear arms, 2500 stall converter, ported e7's, etc

06 Mazda 3 hatch 2.3L 5AT (winter beater that cost more than my summer car)

Comment

Originally posted by rick99601 View Post
            pictures sure would help
            looks exactly like the one in the ebay link... and its too dark to get pics. and its in the field where I swapped the battery to the truck to get the truck up to the house to work on it.

Originally posted by johnunit View Post
            People suck at naming stuff on ebay. "ford hood" or "ford emblem" or whatever and sifting through all the results will allow you to not miss anything. For instance, I run into those fairly often on ebay looking for ornaments for my car despite it being almost a decade away from correct for my car.
            Thanks. Kinda the same way on craigslist. found a couple ltds on there that were in shitty condition with the ornaments still. Sent about 19 emails out offering $50 for it plus shipping.

Ill keep digging deeper...hopefully I find something.

Comment

You could jazz it up a little:

Attached Files
              Originally posted by gadget73
              For other types of inquiry, more information is required. Please press 4 to speak to a representative who can help you with your question. This call may be monitored for quality assurance purposes.

2003 Grand Marquis Ultimate, the "Stealth Bomber": http://www.grandmarq.net/vb/showthre...-Grand-Marquis
              1991 S-10, 'Bulldog', 2.5l 5 speed: http://www.grandmarq.net/vb/showthre...375#post698375
              1985 Town Car, 'Faded Glory', gone but not forgotten. 84/87/91/97 MGMs too.

Comment

I've got one of those that came on my '81 for some reason. Not in very nice condition, but it's a nifty change from the '81-'87 ornament, which I rather dislike.
                2012 Mazda5 Touring | Finally working on the LTD again!

Comment

Working...
                X