2009 MGQ Grille mod

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

2009 MGQ Grille mod

A Dupli-Color 2 part product, Shadow, was featured on a Speed Channel show. Its made for wheels, turning them to black chrome. I used it on the grille, and the only prep work was a new grille, cleaned with alcohol. Tapping took a minute, and I tried the process on a junkyard grille I bought first. Its very tough when completed. I had to really dig a screw driver into the test piece to make a scratch. -
    sigpic
    2009 GM, 45,000 miles
    ADDCO Sway Bars, METCO Control arms & Watts link, KYB CVPI shocks, 3.27 Track Lock, GT500 wheels, Eagle F1 Supercar tires, Walker dual exhaust, AFE Cold Air intake, ADTR ported upper manifold, Stillen Sport Rotors, Hawk HPS pads, Hypertech Programmer, 93 tune.

Looks nice. I have seen that product used before as well.
    ~David~

My 1987 Crown Victoria Coupe: The Brown Blob
    My 2004 Mercedes Benz E320:The Benz

Originally posted by ootdega
    My life is a long series of "nevermind" and "I guess not."

Originally posted by DerekTheGreat
    But, that's just coming from me, this site's biggest pessimist. Best of luck

Originally posted by gadget73
    my car starts and it has AC. Yours doesn't start and it has no AC. Seems obvious to me.

Comment

That came out really well and those wheels look great on there! I've been wanting to do a paint job on my grille. I'd like it black in the middle too like the Marauder.
      Lets Go Pens!

Comment

Wow, that's really neat! It's kinda hard to tell from the pictures, but does it still have a chrome-like surface (semi-reflective mirror like?) or is it duller and more opaque?

And what all does this adhere to? Plastics and metals and paints and all?

sigpic
        - 2004 Ford Thunderbird - 2006 Ford F150 XLT - 2018 Ford Explorer Limited - 1958 Mercury Medalist

Comment

It looks like very dark chrome. It is still reflective, but not much. If you hit it with 2 passes of the base coat, it is more mirror like (smoked mirror). It adheres to anything. Its made for spraying directly onto chrome wheels, so if can stick to those, its some amazing stuff.
          sigpic
          2009 GM, 45,000 miles
          ADDCO Sway Bars, METCO Control arms & Watts link, KYB CVPI shocks, 3.27 Track Lock, GT500 wheels, Eagle F1 Supercar tires, Walker dual exhaust, AFE Cold Air intake, ADTR ported upper manifold, Stillen Sport Rotors, Hawk HPS pads, Hypertech Programmer, 93 tune.

Comment

Working...
          X