The lights......

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by 87_crown_vic View Post
    i am using white 5 way LEDs for the coach lights on B pillar between front and rear doors... also have LEDs inside and out... the flasher is known as a heavy duty or Electronic flasher for our cars... i replace the license plate bulb, all rear bulbs, ditch lights, front signals, hood and trunk lights
    http://s48.photobucket.com/albums/f2...t=Sandy012.mp4
    Did you have to relocate the flasher to attach the electronic flasher?

Comment

it is the regular flasher you replace... pull out old standard thermo flasher for the heavy duty/electronic flasher... the 1990 Grand Marq we have we cant put fuse cover back on since the electronic flasher is a bit taller and dont fit under the cover... the flasher is biggest thing that needs changed to allow LEDs to work or the lights dont flash because the thermo flasher doesnt get the draw from it like regular incadescent bulbs that draw more power thru the flasher
      Addicted to 86-87 Panthers

Comment

this is what i want! what r the names of these items? domes,flashers etc?
        1986 Mercury Grand Marquis Colony Park A.K.A "Christine"TRADED.......Gone to a better home hopefully.

2009 Ford Taurus SEL New DD

Comment

oasn: i cant login with my password at all.......sumtimes it will, sumtimes it wont.
          1986 Mercury Grand Marquis Colony Park A.K.A "Christine"TRADED.......Gone to a better home hopefully.

Comment

this is what i wanna do rly bad! but having no luck finding the leds or flashers, if i had names or where to find em, and how to replace the flashers, i could get started

Comment

the electronic flasher is just a flasher you can get from parts store... tell the store you need a heavy duty flasher and show them yours... instead of a metal cased flasher, it is a dark smoked looking plastic that you can kinda see thru when put to the light... it cost about $10

i get my stuff from E-Bay... know the number of bulb like 3157 type and look up this way for example... 3157 red LED
              i get the most LED bulb for the signals like 36 per bulb thing... and for the other bulbs, same deal, just replace bulb type number... like here are bulbs i use for license plate bulb, side opera lights, and some interior stuff... you can choose different colors!!!
              Last edited by 87_crown_vic; 05-19-2011, 01:13 AM.

Comment

Thank you, 87_crown_vic. By the way, love the avatar. lol. I would like to know the part numbers for the following if possible.

1.Ditch lights
                2.Front signal
                3.Coach lights
                4.ALL interior bulbs, I mean the ones that light up when a door is opened.
                5.Reverse & taillights
                6.license plate lights
                7.Third brake light.
                I went to the Ebay site, but as a Ebay virgin, i had no idea what i was looking at, so wondering if you could help me out some more with the above, and what I need to pull this off. I love your setup, and the flashers will come from Advance more than likely. Is there anything other than the flasher and bulbs I need? Only one flasher correct?

As usual, any and all help will be appreciated.

Sry for earlier posts, i was on my cell, and it is much easier to short txt than anything else. Thanks for bearing through it.

Comment

will get the numbers posted for what is needed... only need the one flasher to be swapped and then change out the bulbs... the bulbs usually have numbers on them... the door lights are same as the opera lights, license plate, some of the dome lights and lights in the speedo cluster... will be on tomorrow to tell ya what numbers you need and quantity and interior you can pick colors you want

Comment

Thank u so much! I do have a question, today when i was being my brightest, i removed the driver side ditch light bulb. I purchased the flasher and put it in, decided to see how hard it was to do all the others and broke the damn bulb!!!! Now neither ditch light works?!?!? OASN, how do you remove the brake lights on he Colony Park? The front lights and coach lights i've taken off just to see how easy or hard it was and the interiors look fairly simple. I also wonder how hard it would be to find a clear housing for the third brake light or cover, because I would like those to be led also if possible.

Comment

UPDATE!

The passenger side ditch light was burned out. Both are working fine now. I have replaced the coach lights, tag lights, and all but 2 interior lights with LEDS! The ones kinda under the dash were a different size, and i didn't plan for that so they remain stock. Ordered my front turn signals from www.superbrightleds.com today! Can't wait for them to arrive...... Next is the rear of car. Oh, btw, i did the third brake light also with LED. Although i kinda wanna do a aftermarket led bar where that is. But, we shall see. Also, does anyone know where i may inquire about the lights i've seen on Pickups and even some SUV's? It goes between the space where the bumper and bottom of tailgate are? IDK the name of it or anything. I thought it would look cool on Xtine.

Comment

Working...
                      X