Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Where could I get a stock bumper guard for my 1989 Marquis?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Where could I get a stock bumper guard for my 1989 Marquis?

As you can see in the picture, I'm missing the left rear bumper guard. I've looked in junkyards and I just can't find one. Also, while I'm here... what is the best way to take care of the fading paint?

1989 Mercury Grand Marquis GS- "Sarah" 122k miles

1975 Lincoln Continental Mark IV- 275k? miles

Time for some fresh paint on that deck-lid.
    '79 Continental Town Car
    '90 Crown Victoria LTD
    '94 Crown Victoria

Comment

once the clearcoat goes, it's gone until new paint is put on it. There isn't really much you can do with those late 80s-early 90s clearcoat peel issues.

85 4 door 351 Civi Crown Victoria - Summer daily driver, sleeper in the making, and wildly inappropriate autocross machine
      160KMs 600cfm holley, shorty headers, 2.5" catted exhaust, 255/295 tires, cop shocks, cop swaybars, underdrive pulley, 2.73L gears.
      waiting for install: 3.27's, Poly bushings, boxed rear arms, 2500 stall converter, ported e7's, etc

06 Mazda 3 hatch 2.3L 5AT (winter beater that cost more than my summer car)

Comment

Since the paint is fucked already you can try wetsanding with 800-1000 with a soft rubber block and re-clear it. If you fuck up it doesnt matter because it looked bad already.
        ~David~

My 1987 Crown Victoria Coupe: The Brown Blob
        My 2004 Mercedes Benz E320:The Benz

Originally posted by ootdega
        My life is a long series of "nevermind" and "I guess not."

Originally posted by DerekTheGreat
        But, that's just coming from me, this site's biggest pessimist. Best of luck

Originally posted by gadget73
        my car starts and it has AC. Yours doesn't start and it has no AC. Seems obvious to me.

Comment

Originally posted by SofaKingFast View Post
          As you can see in the picture, I'm missing the left rear bumper guard. I've looked in junkyards and I just can't find one. Also, while I'm here... what is the best way to take care of the fading paint?

Not sure if they're the same, but I have a set of those from a '88-'91 vic. There's some in the junkyard by me too. If you want to change it, I believe that you have to pull the bumper off of the car, separate the chrome from the support, then you can access the bumper guard.

Comment

Thanks for the offer 86VickyLX, but the guards are different on CVs and GMs of the same years. I just found one off a '90 GM in a junkyard here. I guess I just had to wait to find one.
            1989 Mercury Grand Marquis GS- "Sarah" 122k miles

1975 Lincoln Continental Mark IV- 275k? miles

Comment

Working...
            X