Taillight lens question.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Taillight lens question.

Hey guys, So I bought a drivers side passenger rear tail light lens for my 89' Merc. Now I only have a taillight lens would I have to some how unglue the old one off the casing then glue on the non cracked one. Any help would be appreciated.
    Last edited by V8GrandMarquis; 05-02-2012, 10:42 PM.

Maybe some release agent spray that glass shops use to help remove auto glass. Dynatex makes a gasket remover that works in removing RTV and silicones.

Comment

usually a well placed screwdriver will help liberate the lens from the housing. maybe a utility knife to help get things started.

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former. -- Albert Einstein
      rides: 93 Crown Vic LX (The Red Velvet Cake), 2000 Crown Vic base model (Sandy), 2003 Expedition (the vacation beast)

Originally posted by gadget73
      ... and it should all work like magic and unicorns and stuff.

Originally posted by dmccaig
      Overhead, some poor bastards are flying in airplanes.

Comment

I used a utility knife to scrape some of the excess gasket away.
        Then I used a heat gun (moderately) with some well placed screw drivers.
        This was on the headlight assembly for a set from a 94. I just did this Tuesday evening.
        Hope this helps.

-ryan s.
        08 Lincoln Navigator L - 233k
        03 Mercury Marauder- 63k
        97 Ford Crown Victoria HPP "Tank of Justice III" (TOJ3) - 194k -->578.9 miles on ONE tank of gas<--
        94 BMW 325i Convertible - 135k
        73 VW Super Beetle "Bunky" <----- Wifey's
        12 Mini Cooper S - 90k <---- Wifey's
        Originally posted by pantera77
        Well my buddy tells him he knows exactly who loves buying shitboxes.

Comment

Working...
        X