No announcement yet.

what to use, what not to use!!!!1

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

To slightly highjack this year old thread...

Has anyone used any kind of dye on their roofs? The roof on my Tudor is shot (splits and shrinkage), but what makes it worse is that the sides are super faded. I've been thinking about just trying to dye it a generic beige so it's all one color at least.
    2020 F250 - 7.3 4x4 CCSB STX 3.55's - BAKFlip MX4
    2005 Grand Marquis GS - Marauder sway bars, Marauder exhaust, KYB's
    2003 Marauder - Trilogy # 8, JLT, kooks, 2.5" exhaust, 4.10's/31 spline, widened rear's, metco's, addco's, ridetech's 415hp/381tq
    1987 Colony Park - 03+ frame swap, blown Gen II Coyote, 6R80, ridetechs, stainless works, absolute money pit. WIP

Comment

though not the same I did dye the horn pad on my car with some rustoleum fabric and vinyl years back. The finish to this day is the same, the horn pad can flex just like normal with no fear of splitting the paint. It really did a great job.
      ~David~

My 1987 Crown Victoria Coupe: The Brown Blob
      My 2004 Mercedes Benz E320:The Benz

Originally posted by ootdega
      My life is a long series of "nevermind" and "I guess not."

Originally posted by DerekTheGreat
      But, that's just coming from me, this site's biggest pessimist. Best of luck

Originally posted by gadget73
      my car starts and it has AC. Yours doesn't start and it has no AC. Seems obvious to me.

Comment

As it turns out the pollen, concrete dust, all other NJ dust mxed with the higher humidity in the sotrage unit gives the white vinyl top the brownish pigments stains on it. I generously rubbed 303 on it and covered it with plastic and put damp rid in the unit

My fingers are crossed!
        "To Find yourself, you must first lose yourself"

-1973 Volkswagen Bus Westy
        -1986 Honda Magna 700cc
        -1989 Lincoln Town car Signature Series
        -2011 Subaru Outback

Comment

Working...
        X