No announcement yet.

Coach Vinyl Roof Issues

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

This would have been a good time to install a sunroof... I mean the glass type.
    I have not seen a roof rust through like that ever in a running car.

Comment

Originally posted by p71towny View Post
      Fuck that. I'd have just thrown an old school light bar on that bitch. Best of luck to ya buddy, cause if the body flexes it will crack there. I just don't understand how it is so ate up.
      Originally posted by Mainemantom View Post
      This would have been a good time to install a sunroof... I mean the glass type.
      I have not seen a roof rust through like that ever in a running car.
      I thought about a sun/moon roof, but would have to find or make the support brackets. I could turn the car into a Mad Max Mobile, flat black with lights all over it. About the rust, my best guess is water got trapped in between the trim moldings ever time it rained and sat until it ate through.

Originally posted by Grand Marquis GT View Post
      I will say the slick top will be awesome. The car looks so good as is, it's worthy!
      Everyone is telling me she’s been a good car, but it’s time to let her go. I’ll give it a good effort to fit it. If it works great. If not, well at least it will be water proof for a couple of years!

sigpic

I'd rather be a failure at something I love than a success at something I hate.
      George Burns

Comment

That's what I don't understand, it's so clean otherwise. It's like there was somebody trolling that car pouring a cup of piss along the trim for years to rust it out. More than likely it was a manufacturing mishap. The only real risk on my Vic was from a trim screw that was trapped between the quarter panel and trunk floor then filled with seam sealer. Where the screw was made a gnarly rust hole.
        Chris - A 20th Century Man \m/ ^.^ \m/

Comment

Originally posted by BigT View Post
          I thought about a sun/moon roof, but would have to find or make the support brackets. I could turn the car into a Mad Max Mobile, flat black with lights all over it. About the rust, my best guess is water got trapped in between the trim moldings ever time it rained and sat until it ate through.

Everyone is telling me she’s been a good car, but it’s time to let her go. I’ll give it a good effort to fit it. If it works great. If not, well at least it will be water proof for a couple of years!

slidingragtops.com

you're welcome.
          Owner of the only known 5 speed box wagon with a lift kit.
          AKA, Herkimer the Hillbilly SUV.

Axle codes
          Open/Lock/Ratio #
          -----------------------
          G / H / 2.26
          B / C / 2.47
          8 / M / 2.73
          7 / - / 3.07
          Y / Z / 3.08
          4 / D / 3.42
          F / R / 3.45
          5 / E / 3.27
          6 / W / 3.73
          2 / K / 3.55
          A / - / 3.63
          J / - / 3.85

Comment

Too bad you are not closer, I have a complete sunroof/moonroof set up from a TC that I want to go away.
            I hope I will not have the rust problem on one of the Lincolns. It sits outside and is rarely used in the winter.

Comment

If the "belt" was loose and rubbing enough to wear through the paint, that would 'splain it. Not having sealer on the screws where they come through the roof would also do it. Not sure what they used from the factory, but I'd expect something in there.
              86 Lincoln Town Car (Galactica).
              5.0 HO, CompCams XE258,Scorpion 1.72 roller rockers, 3.55 K code rear, tow package, BHPerformance ported E7 heads, Tmoss Explorer intake, 65mm throttle body, Hedman 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" dual exhaust, ASP underdrive pulley

91 Lincoln Mark VII LSC grandpa spec white and cranberry

1984 Lincoln Continental TurboDiesel - rolls coal

Originally posted by phayzer5
              I drive a Lincoln. I can't be bothered to shift like the peasants and rabble rousers

Comment

Working...
              X