No announcement yet.

Cheap Car Cover Ideas

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Came up with a cheaper way of doing things. I can just use pieces of yarn to tie strips of blanket to the bottom contact surface of the noodles. Cotton yarn is cheap, and I'd only need 1/3 of a blanket for the noodles. I would still need to put stitching near the edges of the strips to keep them from fraying, but that's easy enough if you do it on a sewing machine before cutting. Currently looking for a cheap sewing machine (which would come in handy for other things).

2000 Grand Marquis LS HPP, a hand-me-down in 2008 with 128,000 km; 175,000 km as of July 2014
    mods: air filter box 'tuba', headlight relay harness, J-mod (around 186,350 km), 70mm throttle body, KYB Gas-A-Just shocks, aluminum driveshaft, ARA3 PCM

Comment

Got another $50 off voucher with another credit card bill (different card from same bank). Got the stainless steel watch for a total of $13.41.

2000 Grand Marquis LS HPP, a hand-me-down in 2008 with 128,000 km; 175,000 km as of July 2014
      mods: air filter box 'tuba', headlight relay harness, J-mod (around 186,350 km), 70mm throttle body, KYB Gas-A-Just shocks, aluminum driveshaft, ARA3 PCM

Comment

My cheap "Harbor Freight Tarpaulin Method" has served me perfectly for years!

Comment

I've been using a tarp for my bicycle, which has to stay outdoors year-round. Before the winter, I got a nearly-new bike for $20 and kept the frame in my car's trunk and the wheels in my apartment. I happened to have another tarp that I bought years ago for something else but never used. Now that I have lots of vapour barrier, I'm going to supplement the tarp and see what it's like to mess around with. Judging from how the first tarp wore out, I would guess the vapour barrier would hold up longer.

Comment

Working...
          X