Water leaking in from windshield

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Water leaking in from windshield

If it rains very heavy or I go through a car wash (this was a bad idea), I am getting a lot of water dripping in on my passenger side behind the plastic trim that borders the windshield. I'm assuming its coming in from a bad windshield seal. Is the chrome trim around the windshield very hard to remove and put back on without destroying it so I can check and try to seal it up myself? June in the midwest can get pretty rainy. I don't want to be swimming in my car as I drive it. Any advice is appreciated!

I've never done this myself so I can't answer any questions you might have, but here's a recent thread on this topic:

http://www.grandmarq.net/vb/showthre...emove-the-trim
    Vic

~ 1989 MGM LS Colony Park - Large Marge
    ~ 1998 MGM LS - new DD
    ~ 1991 MGM LS "The Scab"
    ~ 1991 MGM GS "The Ice Car"

Comment

Its easy and safe if you have the correct tool.
      ~David~

My 1987 Crown Victoria Coupe: The Brown Blob
      My 2004 Mercedes Benz E320:The Benz

Originally posted by ootdega
      My life is a long series of "nevermind" and "I guess not."

Originally posted by DerekTheGreat
      But, that's just coming from me, this site's biggest pessimist. Best of luck

Originally posted by gadget73
      my car starts and it has AC. Yours doesn't start and it has no AC. Seems obvious to me.

Comment

Thanks guys. I'll go down to Harbor Freight and pick the tools up. We are in for rain this weekend. Hopefully I can do it before now and then. If not, maybe I should pick up a tarp while I'm there

Comment

Working...
        X