GM door exchanging

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

GM door exchanging

I know that 92-97 crown vic doors are all the same and won't fit on a 98 +.
    BUT, it looks like all GM doors will interchange 92-2011
    Am I right? were talking about rear doors here.
    The interchange link here no longer works, at least it disn't work for me.

Thanks!

I know the roof line "c" pillar on the early CV's were different. Then ford standardized on the existing GM "C" pillar for both vehicles. I don't know what year that change was made but that is the main difference in rear doors.
    03 Marauder DPB, HS, 6disk, Organizer Mods> LED's in & Out, M&Z rear control arms, Oil deflector, U-Haul Trans Pan, Blue Fuzzy Dice
    02 SL500 Silver Arrow
    08 TC Signature Limited, HID's Mods>235/55-17 Z rated BFG G-Force Comp-2 A/S Plus, Addco 1" rear Sway, Posi Carrier, Compustar Remote Start, floor liners, trunk organizer, Two part Sun Visors, B&M Trans drain Plug, Winter=05 Mustang GT rims, Nokian Hakkapeliitta R-2 235/55-17
    12 Escape Limited V6 AWD, 225/65R17 Vredestein Quatrac Pro, Winter 235/70-16 Conti Viking Contact7 Mods>Beamtech LED headlight bulbs, Husky floor liners

Comment

Should be fine.
      2020 F250 - 7.3 4x4 CCSB STX 3.55's - BAKFlip MX4
      2005 Grand Marquis GS - Marauder sway bars, Marauder exhaust, KYB's
      2003 Marauder - Trilogy # 8, JLT, kooks, 2.5" exhaust, 4.10's/31 spline, widened rear's, metco's, addco's, ridetech's 415hp/381tq
      1987 Colony Park - 03+ frame swap, blown Gen II Coyote, 6R80, ridetechs, stainless works, absolute money pit. WIP

Comment

Thanks guys! I'm going to pick up a front bumper cover and door tomorrow and I didn't want to make a big mistake.
        92-2011 GM rear doors are the same, great!
        That gives me a lot more to choose from.

Comment

Oh yea, they did also have the long doors which will not fit. These were almost all yellow taxies.
          03 Marauder DPB, HS, 6disk, Organizer Mods> LED's in & Out, M&Z rear control arms, Oil deflector, U-Haul Trans Pan, Blue Fuzzy Dice
          02 SL500 Silver Arrow
          08 TC Signature Limited, HID's Mods>235/55-17 Z rated BFG G-Force Comp-2 A/S Plus, Addco 1" rear Sway, Posi Carrier, Compustar Remote Start, floor liners, trunk organizer, Two part Sun Visors, B&M Trans drain Plug, Winter=05 Mustang GT rims, Nokian Hakkapeliitta R-2 235/55-17
          12 Escape Limited V6 AWD, 225/65R17 Vredestein Quatrac Pro, Winter 235/70-16 Conti Viking Contact7 Mods>Beamtech LED headlight bulbs, Husky floor liners

Comment

2003-2011 doors are actually different from previous years. They are the same on the outside but on the inside where the door panels mount the metal braces are in different spots. You will need to move them around and drill new holes.

Comment

Originally posted by jaywish View Post
              Oh yea, they did also have the long doors which will not fit. These were almost all yellow taxies.
              I'll keep an eye out and make sure I don't get one of those long doors, I've seen a few on taxi's.

Comment

Originally posted by Mr Bean View Post
                2003-2011 doors are actually different from previous years. They are the same on the outside but on the inside where the door panels mount the metal braces are in different spots. You will need to move them around and drill new holes.
                I figured that the newer the car the bigger the differences, even on parts that look the same, like these doors.

Comment

I picked up the parts.
                  A front bumper cover for a 94 GM, which was a pita to find one at all, not to mention one worth having.
                  And a door from a 01 GM, simple and plenty of them available.
                  Now all I have to do is install this stuff!

Comment

Working...
                  X