Grand marquis water pockets in door trim

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Grand marquis water pockets in door trim

I don't know if this has previously been discussed so forgive me...I'm new to this site. I own a 2002 Grand Marquis which is beginning to form air/water pockets under the plastic covering on the silver door trim since it's started to rain here.... Can I take a razorblade and cut along the edges to remove this plastic?? Any advice on what to do or what to replace it with would be great...It's really ugly.

Click image for larger version

Name:	20160419_145810-1.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	67.7 KB
ID:	1303465

I don't really know anything about that; about all I can say is I've never seen something like that before. Since no one else has chimed in, I'll raise the possibility that maybe someone put an aftermarket product on there. Are you able to peel a corner to see what's underneath?

2000 Grand Marquis LS HPP, a hand-me-down in 2008 with 128,000 km; 175,000 km as of July 2014
    mods: air filter box 'tuba', headlight relay harness, J-mod (around 186,350 km), 70mm throttle body, KYB Gas-A-Just shocks, aluminum driveshaft, ARA3 PCM

Comment

I was thinking the same thing. Remove the layers and put an aftermarket chrome strip over it, or even paint body color. Just don't know about a "proper" fix.
      Back in the saddle again!

2004 Crown Victoria Police Interceptor in Unimaginative Bureaucratic Brown
      Bone stock... for now.

Comment

That silver trim goes bad pretty fast, I'm surprised yours are still looking even that good. You can just pull it all off, it's glued on.
        And leave it off or replace the whole body side trim from the same color Crown Vic, which is what I did.
        Or you can paint it over, either way
        Problem solved and I think it looks better.

Comment

Working...
        X