Clear All

Thanks.....I did too, at first.
    '89 Ford LTD Crown Vic - '92 Ford F-150 Custom -
    '95 Ford Bronco XL -

sigpic :rebel:

Comment

Drop, Chop, Tub.
      1989 LTD Crown Victoria LX.
      -3.73s' w/ Track Loc - KYB GR-2 Shocks All Around - TRW HD Cargo Coils Rear - Moog Front Coils - 1 Inch Rear Sway Bar - 4.6 Lower Air Box- Stock Headers - Off Road H Pipe - Turbo Mufflers.

4 Door Muscle
      Supermotors

Comment

if i had the money yeah awesome
        sigpic
        1986 Crown Victoria 302 Cold Air,Mac Shorty headers, Full Dual Exhaust with Super Forty Flows, Wagon Suspension with a Full Sound System Replacement 1/4 time 17.486 @ 77.43mph

Comment

I will be taking wood trim off
          The problem is, the trim around the woodgrain is going to leave LOTS of metal nubs (that hold the trim on there), so you'll end up with lots of small holes.
          I just did this last fall. It's ALOT of work, and not only are there metal nubs to remove, there are also holes through the sheet metal at the end of each trim run, where the trim is held on with a bolt and cap nut, and the trim around each wheel opening is all through body bolts and nuts. Plus, the only thing that'll take the vinyl off is paint stripper. Anything weaker just didn't cut it for me. The paint stripper will not remove the vinyl adhesive. That has to be removed with acetone and lots of rubbing. I spent a good week just on removal alone.

Another option I had considered, to save alot of bodywork, was to pop the trim off, strip all the old vinyl/paint layers off the trim, paint the trim black (or some other color), then remove the vinyl woodgrain from the body, repaint that area a contrasting color, (or a darker version of the body color) and put the trim back on. That way everything is fresh, you don't have alot of holes to fill, and it'll be quite unique.

My trim was shot, dented, and banged up, so I went with the more labor intensive route. Plus, I wanted the "smooth" look.

1987 Country Squire LX Wagon 5.0L: Daily Ride......1964 Lincoln Continental 430ci: Toy #1.
          1984 F-250 4x4 4.9L: Toy #2.............................1968 Volkswagen Bug 2.0L: Toy #3.
          1989 F-250 4x4 5.8L: Emergency backup and work truck...

Comment

...and smooth you got! Great work!
            2011 Mustang GT Premium, MT82, Kona/Saddle, HIDs, 3.73s, 19s, hood/side stripes, UPR 1.5" springs with adjustable panhard bar, and UMI solid LCAs and relocation brackets.
            1992 Explorer Eddie Bauer, slight lift, 34s, and A/C...
            1979 Bronco Custom, 351M/C6/NP205, 4" lift, 35s, lots of fender trimming.

Comment

Need some 3" chrome tips for that exhaust tho
              1983 Grand Marquis 2Dr Sedan "Mercules"
              Tremec TKO conversion, hydraulic clutch, HURST equipped!

Comment

This is tempting me to remove my woodgrain...but I don't wanna go for a new paintjob as the paint I have is in great shape.
                Nick
                88 Colony Park LS
                G-pa's old car, but he's cruisin around heaven in his 69 wagon now
                Future plans:Semi HO conversion, or Explorer motor swap, shift kit, PI springs and sway bars, KYB-GR2 shocks

Comment

Working...
                X