No announcement yet.

RUST...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My chargers only take an hour to charge so it's not quite as bad. But I know what it's like to be out in a salvage yard and have the batteries go dead. It SUCKS!!

How long will it take your friend to weld in the replacement trunk floor?

Comment

About a day since we are dropping the gas tank to replace it... the one on the car now has a HUGE dent in it.. and can be seen from behind the car.. and since I am without a job right now... gotta save my pennys!!! Tom...

Agent Caitlin Todd… You know Tony, Statistics show that married men live longer…
      Agent Tony DiNozzo… It only seems longer….

http://www.tomspolicecars.com/

Comment

heh, got a rigid sawzall, lasts forever, cut all 4 fenders on my old blazer to fit 33's and still had power left, good stuff
        jay--1983 towncar, 302v8 cfi, dual straight pipes w/resonators ,edelbrock motor goodies, custom interior, full custom stereo system, full rebuilt trunk audio setup, custom paint...more to come......

Comment

GRRRRRRRRRRRR!

OK, Second time I ran out of "battery" on the saw.. and still has 1 1/2 brackets to go... Reason? Found TWO more brackets to cut on the sides... Geez... There is enough friggen brackets under this car to cut, just to get the trunk well floor out!!! Going back tommorow... one more time... to saw the last 1 1/2 brackets and FINNALLY get the trunk floor out!!!! Putting it back in will be easier than this!!!! Tom!

Agent Caitlin Todd… You know Tony, Statistics show that married men live longer…

Comment

Floor out!!!!!

FINNALLY GOT THE TRUNK FLOOR OUT!!!! WOO HOO!!!

I went to the junk yard today... and cut the 1 1/2 final brackets... then I opened the trunk, and kicked the floor... wouldn't fall out... you guessed it.. ANOTHER friggen bracket... next to another one... luckily I had enough battery left on the sawz all to cut it... and then it fell out!

I have to get my friend at the body shop to put it in when he gets a chance now... But I put in a temporary one for now.... I cut out the rust, undercoated the rest of the floor... and cut a piece of plywood to fit.. and dropped it in place... then I undercoated it as well... so it won't start to rot.. andf it looks like metal... Then I replaced the carpet.... pictures tommorow.. got too dark before I got done!

Comment

Sweet! Bout time you got that sucker out.
              2000 Mustang GT "Blondie", 2000 CVPI "Sargent Crusty"

Comment

Working...
              X