Too much?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by gadget73
    And I don't know what kind of paint you're buying, but if it can turn a Merc into a Nissan, you best pick a different brand.
    :lol:
    '89 Ford LTD Crown Vic - '92 Ford F-150 Custom -
    '95 Ford Bronco XL -

sigpic :rebel:

Comment

I wouldnt mind at all if it turned into that nissan...

And no to the bedliner. If it were a truck, hells yes.
      -Matt
      1968 Fairlane 500 - 1998 Camaro Z/28

Comment

sure is different...
        almost looks ok with the blacked out grille and headlight bezels...
        I wouldn't do it though...
        what about double racing stripes down the middle and onthe roof and trunk?
        sigpic
        1989 Ford Crown Victoria

Comment

Too much of the paint is shot already for stripes. Most of the raised section of my hood is turning to crap.
          -Matt
          1968 Fairlane 500 - 1998 Camaro Z/28

Comment

I would just paint the whole car, its would look alot better with a decent maaco paintjob. Could do it yourself too, I've seen $300 back yard paintjobs turn out really well also. Some people like to shell out alot of money on a clear coat paintjob but I've seen cheap paintjobs look just as good as them with the right prep work and patience. Its less to fix later too, if you use a random paint on the hood and trunk, you will probably have to sand it down to bare metal and primer those parts again.

If you still end up only doing a little bit of the car, try painting the header panel and the top of the quarter panels (where it meets the hood) along with the hood. I would make it all one color, the grey header panel with a black hood doesn't look right. Then you could maybe blend it with some nice flames or stang striping on the quarter panels, such as the type of striping that you see on a cobra stang. Don't much else you could do with it, I wouldn't paint the trunk lid black though. It will stand out more than the hood, I tried painting the spoiler on another car and it stuck out like a sore thumb. Try sanding it down with wet fine grit sand paper and use alot of lots wax.
            Last edited by 87mefull; 07-04-2006, 01:26 AM.
            Current rides - 1991 Ford Thunderbird 3.8 v6 (gas saver/DD) - New Heads/Headgaskets with ARP studs, Air Silencer Delete, 70mm MAF, Plasti-dipped Matte Black with a Silver Metalflake Overlay, Muffler Delete, some LED's, 30.233 MPG for high MPG average!
            2006 Jeep Wrangler 4WD (fun vehicle/backup DD) - 4.0/6spd - too many mods to list.

Associated Panthers:
            Father's 1994 Ford Crown Victoria - Stock, 45,000 miles.
            Sold in 2007 - 1987 Mercury Grand Marquis LS "Grandpa Special" 2 door.
            http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2128327

Comment

Just have the whole car painted black.

'90 Mercury Grand Marquis GS
              Baseline 5.0L numbers totally stock, 123 rwhp, 239 rwtq
              5.4L swap coming soon.

Comment

Originally posted by N A
                Just have the whole car painted black.

that was the nice thing about the caprice (it was black) , under the rear bumper panel where the rocks and rear wheel debris hit the rear panel it was very easy to just put a coat of black paint on it

Comment

Working...
                X