No announcement yet.

Dave's Hot Rod '84 Merc 2 dr

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Wow, loads of work there, but you're going all out!

Keep us posted!
    1983 Grand Marquis 2Dr Sedan "Mercules"
    Tremec TKO conversion, hydraulic clutch, HURST equipped!

Comment

havent done to much lately, here are just a few pics

i need to clean these valve covers up then decide if i'll put them on the 2 door or the 4 door

Comment

Hey, it's still coming along. Those old "Power by Ford" valve covers are going to be fun.

Do you have the part for the spare-tire cover that goes over the sidewall but leaves the center showing?
        2012 Mazda5 Touring | Finally working on the LTD again!

Comment

no still trying to find one of them

Comment

Originally posted by Dave84 View Post
            no still trying to find one of them
            Was it mostly aftermarket coachbuilder kits that used those?

Comment

Since your going with a 50's theme with your 2 door, you should drop in an old 50's motor like a 352.

Comment

For a more retro theme, those wheels work, but they need wide whites on them. Yes Tom, wide whites are the only way to fly for that 50's theme.

And I gotta ask, what exhaust setup is planned?
                88 Town Car (wrecked, for sale)
                Walker OEM duals with muffler deletes

Comment

the exhust plan is going to consist of mustang shorty headers, gutted converters, exhust knock outs, flowmaster mufflers, dont know what size pipe ill use yet

Comment

Don't you have to pass a sniffer there?

2001 Ford Crown Victoria P71 - "The Fire Engine"
                    1985 Lincoln Town Car Signature Series
                    But God demonstrates his own love for us in this: While we were still sinners, Christ died for us. Romans 5:8

Comment

only on cars 1988 and up, so since mine is an 84 its exempt so i dont need to worry about it for eather car

Comment

Ah, okay. Nice!

2001 Ford Crown Victoria P71 - "The Fire Engine"
                        1985 Lincoln Town Car Signature Series
                        But God demonstrates his own love for us in this: While we were still sinners, Christ died for us. Romans 5:8

Comment

doesnt 50s theme include sidepipes that throw flames?
                          Addicted to 86-87 Panthers

Comment

Originally posted by 87_crown_vic View Post
                            doesnt 50s theme include sidepipes that throw flames?
                            You mean "Lakes" pipes right? I would say that is a part of the 50's theme.
                            **2012 Ford Mustang Boss 302: 5.0/ 6 spd/ 3.73s, 20K Cruiser
                            **2006 MGM,"Ultimate": 4.6/ 2.73/ Dark Tint, Magnaflows, 19s, 115K Daily Driver
                            **2012 Harley Davidson Wide Glide (FXDWG):103/ Cobra Speedsters/ Cosmetics, 9K Poseur HD Rider
                            **1976 Ford F-150 4WD: 360, 4 spd, 3.50s, factory A/C, 4" lift, Bilsteins, US Indy Mags, 35s Truck Duties

Comment

hmmm, maybie i mayhave to consider doing lake pipes

Comment

That'd be different. Not sure I've seen it on a Panther, though I did consider it myself for a while. Hey, if lake pipes would be your style, they could be kind of cool.

Comment

Working...
                                X