No announcement yet.

My 87 LX

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

And here's one for you big monitor people.

Just got a new 20inch TFT LCD
    1987 LTD CROWN VICTORIA, 5.0 EFI, MAGNAFLOW DUAL EXH, RED LANDAU
    FRESH AOD, 3.27 OPEN DIFF, 57K MILES, B&M SHIFT KIT AND R134A A/C

Comment

Wow that think is clean!

You need some classy 15" chrome wheels and white letter tires, mang!
      1983 Grand Marquis 2Dr Sedan "Mercules"
      Tremec TKO conversion, hydraulic clutch, HURST equipped!

Comment

Dang, what a creampuff!

2001 Ford Crown Victoria P71 - "The Fire Engine"
        1985 Lincoln Town Car Signature Series
        But God demonstrates his own love for us in this: While we were still sinners, Christ died for us. Romans 5:8

Comment

nice dan what park is that dan is that kind of looks like evengolla state park

1989 mercury grand marquis gs / 2014 ford focus s daily driver
          302 lopo with ho upper/ aod with trans go shift kit
          k code 3:55 posi rear/big brake swap tow package car

Comment

Originally posted by gabegt90 View Post
            nice dan what park is that dan is that kind of looks like evengolla state park
            It's Ellicott Creek Park in Amherst.

Comment

that car is beautiful mang!

1986 lincoln towncar signature series. 5.0 HO with thumper performance ported e7 heads, 1.7 roller rockers, warm air intake, 65mm throttle body, 1/2" intake spacer, ported intakes, 3.73 rear with trac lock, 98-02 front brake conversion, 92-97 rear disc conversion, 1" rear swaybar, 1 3/16" front swaybar, 16" wheels and tires, loud ass stereo system, badass cb, best time to date 15.94 at 87 mph. lots of mods in the works 221.8 rwhp 278 rwt
              2006 Lincoln Town Car Signature. Stock for now
              1989 Ford F-250 4x4 much much more to come, sefi converted so far.
              1986 Toyota pickup with LSC wheels and 225/60/16 tires.
              2008 Hyundai Elantra future Revcon toad
              1987 TriBurner and 1986 Alaska stokers keeping me warm. (and some pesky oil heat)

please be patient, rebuilding an empire!

Comment

That color combo rocks. I should have painted my wagon white, especially since I had the paint to do it with already in the garage (and the right color too ).
                1990 Country Squire - weekend cruiser, next project
                1988 Crown Vic LTD Wagon - waiting in the wings

GMN Box Panther History
                Box Panther Horsepower and Torque Ratings
                Box Panther Production Numbers

Comment

Originally posted by Grand_Marquis_GT View Post
                  Wow that think is clean!

You need some classy 15" chrome wheels and white letter tires, mang!
                  like me?

but yea...that Vic sure is SWEET!
                  sigpic
                  1989 Ford Crown Victoria

Comment

I really want to put those center-line convo's on my car, but several people have warned me about running lightweight aluminum rims on the street.

But I feel like I could get away with it if I drive carefully.

thoughts?????

Comment

Nothing wrong with lightweight aluminum wheels if they're made to be used on a car that heavy. Some HPP wheels like on drock's car or some polished up LX Sport wheels would look great. But with wheels like those, whitewalls don't look so good, just go with black sidewall tires and keep 'em shiney. My
                      88 Town Car (wrecked, for sale)
                      Walker OEM duals with muffler deletes

Comment

I was thinking more along the lines of RWL like BF goodrich Radial T/A's or something.

I like the centerlines because they are available in 15X8.5 with 4.75 in BS wich is perfect for my car.

Front 235/60/15

Rear 275/60/15 (or 295/50/15)

Should work well with those wheels.

Comment

I've never heard of anything but drag skinnies having trouble holding up on the streets. The wheels you're describing sound like they'll hold up with no problems.
                          88 Town Car (wrecked, for sale)
                          Walker OEM duals with muffler deletes

Comment

Centerlines shouldn't be a problem.
                            1983 Grand Marquis 2Dr Sedan "Mercules"
                            Tremec TKO conversion, hydraulic clutch, HURST equipped!

Comment

w00t! RWL!
                              :banana:
                              sigpic
                              1989 Ford Crown Victoria

Comment

Originally posted by 87vicFIVEO View Post
                                I really want to put those center-line convo's on my car, but several people have warned me about running lightweight aluminum rims on the street.

But I feel like I could get away with it if I drive carefully.

thoughts?????
                                I think the best lightweight aluminum wheels are WELD. They are cold forgings (very strong; company was started by a sprint car racer, and those cars are sideways all the time). There would be nothing wrong with using those on the street. I like the drag-lite series myself.

As far as other brands: if it says not for everday or street use, its for a reason (most likely because there is low side to side strength; the strength is good radially, but not axially). And what is the sense in having wheels if you have to be "careful"? I'd go with something you like, but most importantly something thats safe. My .

Also, like I've said before, very nice car.
                                **2012 Ford Mustang Boss 302: 5.0/ 6 spd/ 3.73s, 20K Cruiser
                                **2006 MGM,"Ultimate": 4.6/ 2.73/ Dark Tint, Magnaflows, 19s, 115K Daily Driver
                                **2012 Harley Davidson Wide Glide (FXDWG):103/ Cobra Speedsters/ Cosmetics, 9K Poseur HD Rider
                                **1976 Ford F-150 4WD: 360, 4 spd, 3.50s, factory A/C, 4" lift, Bilsteins, US Indy Mags, 35s Truck Duties

Comment

Working...
                                X