Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Teaser Pics of the Mercury's Replacement!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Teaser Pics of the Mercury's Replacement!

so yea as some of you guys know the 86 mercury grand marquis i had was in an accident but i couldn't bare to part with the car without replacing it with another box! well i picked up a 90 crown victoria ltd for a whopping 450. needed a batt and alternator, i just grabbed that stuff from the merc since it was new and replaced it right after i bought the car so i could drive it home. the body needs a little work, rust isn't bad at all the top is still fully intact and not dry rotted which is nice. the engine starts and runs great and the trans shifts smooth. good deal for 450 i think. well after swapping a few things from the merc over this is how she sits as of yesterday!

and i'll post a pic of the merc after i removed the springs, lol

you can see where i got t-boned. it isn't pretty, kinked the frame pretty bad.

lemme know what you guys think of the new box! i just gotta swap the exhaust over yet and she's good to go!

Nick

my grannies 89 got t-boned worse then that and the frame is fine...What happened?
    and your going to keep the exhaust from it aren't you? and the merc interior will work in the Vicky
    Last edited by interceptor1985; 04-27-2007, 09:29 AM. Reason: I forget things...leave me alone you big meanie
    YouTube. FaceBook Crown Vic Group

Comment

i got hit by a van, the pics don't do a justice on how far its pushed in. it got pushed in so far that the whole inside of the car is bowed up. the dash and everything got bent. you know how theres supposed to be a space in-between the driver and passenger seat? well now they overlap, lol it still runs and drives but it dogwalks like crazy. and yea i'm pulling the engine and exhaust off the merc yet. thats the last 2 things to come out besides a few just in case pieces like window motors and locks then its off to car heaven!

Nick

Comment

Vic looks great!

Merc looks sad . Save the lower rear window trim for Custom87. I can't find a box to ship it to him, and mine isn't all that nice anyway. Maybe you could find a box and send it his way.
        1990 Country Squire - weekend cruiser, next project
        1988 Crown Vic LTD Wagon - waiting in the wings

GMN Box Panther History
        Box Panther Horsepower and Torque Ratings
        Box Panther Production Numbers

Comment

I like the tires on that! Got any close-up's for us?
          1984 Ford Crown Vic LTD, The Murphmobile (RIP)
          1985 Ford Crown Vic LTD, The Murph Deuce (SOLD)
          1978 Chevrolet Caprice Classic, The Crapiece (current project)

Comment

The Crown Vic looks great! Looks like you got a good deal

The Merc doesn't look bad at all....must be one of those freak things.
            '89 Ford LTD Crown Vic - '92 Ford F-150 Custom -
            '95 Ford Bronco XL -

sigpic :rebel:

Comment

Vic looks great, the Tailgunners go with the car well. What size are the front and rear tires, and are both rims the same size?

Also, sorry about the GM, but at least you can still use it to save another box from being crushed.
              88 Town Car (wrecked, for sale)
              Walker OEM duals with muffler deletes

Comment

Sorry to hear about the Merc...

But the Vic looks great. Love the wheels. Looks pretty good for four-fitty.

sigpic
                - 2004 Ford Thunderbird - 2006 Ford F150 XLT - 2018 Ford Explorer Limited - 1958 Mercury Medalist

Comment

I like the new box, too bad you had to lose a nice merk to get it though.
                  -Matt
                  1968 Fairlane 500 - 1998 Camaro Z/28

Comment

oooh...that's a great find for $450!
                    nice choice of wheels, too!
                    The whole car with that stance looks Kickass!

Are those 15" or 16" wheels?

poor merk, that looks like it was beautiful once :nonono:
                    sigpic
                    1989 Ford Crown Victoria

Comment

nice,,, poor merc tho

Comment

sweet vic sorry about the merc did you get any money from insurance or did the basterd pay

1989 mercury grand marquis gs / 2014 ford focus s daily driver
                        302 lopo with ho upper/ aod with trans go shift kit
                        k code 3:55 posi rear/big brake swap tow package car

Comment

Looks good man! Can't wait to see the progress on it.
                          2000 Mustang GT "Blondie", 2000 CVPI "Sargent Crusty"

Comment

thanks for the replies guys! the accident was actually my fault if you wanna get technical, and since the car was so old i didn't have collision on it so no money there but i'm kinda glad i didn't have collision on it. they would have totaled it and the 1200.00 worth of brand new parts i put on it would have gone down the drain. plus i got a parts car now, lol. anywho. i'm gonna buff her out with rubbing compound since the guys who had it before me didn't like to wash it. after i clean her up real good i'll post new pics. the interior is grey but i wanna swap burghundy in. i like the white and burghundy look. the rims are 16X8 front and rear. the front tires are 225/60/16. the rears are 255/65/16. and i'm using the wagon springs from the merc. so far everything has been going smooth. just gotta finish a few things up then i'm good to go!

list of parts swapped from the merc:

alternator
                            battery
                            alternator wiring harness
                            power steering pump (the vic's had a leak)
                            power steering box (vic's was leaking)
                            rear springs
                            spark plugs and wires (the vic's were original!)
                            cap and rotor (again the vic's were original)
                            and air filter.

parts needed to be swapped yet:

exhaust
                            ignition cylinder
                            passenger rear door (has a dent, i'd rather get one from a j/y, it'd be easier)
                            trunk lid (dented)
                            coolant flush (the vic's is dexcool for some reason!??)
                            rear gears (stock is 3.08, i have a set of 3.73's waiting to go in)

thats about it, lol

Nick

Comment

If you really want you can swap the whole interior from the '86 Mercury, including the dash (most likely). I couldn't see why the dash would mount differently even though the style of dash was changed in 1990. That is if you like the interior in the '86 better than your new. And plus any color interior will go with a white car

Comment

Working...
                              X