Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What cam you going with, HO?
    1983 Grand Marquis 2Dr Sedan "Mercules"
    Tremec TKO conversion, hydraulic clutch, HURST equipped!

Comment

Originally posted by Grand_Marquis_GT View Post
      What cam you going with, HO?
      Yep, going with an HO cam.

More Parts!!!! And still more to come...

And swapped the panther throttle lever onto the explorer throttle body.
      Attached Files

1984 Grand Marquis GS - CFI-SEFI conversion, Explorer 302, GT40 intakes, GT40P heads, 1.7 roller rockers, HO Cam, ASP Underdrive Pulley, 2.5" Dual exhaust, Flowmaster Delta 50 mufflers, 3.55 Trac-Lock, Rear disk's, Moog cargo coils, ES rear poly bushings, PI front and rear sway bars, 3G alt., Mark VIII fan, custom Auto-meter dash
      1990 Crown Victoria Country Squire - Explorer 302, HO cam, dual exhaust, 3.55 Trac-Lock, PI rear sway bar (SOLD)
      1982 LTD Wagon (R.I.P.) -|-1984 Grand Marquis LS(R.I.P.)

Comment

sweet new parts

1989 mercury grand marquis gs / 2014 ford focus s daily driver
        302 lopo with ho upper/ aod with trans go shift kit
        k code 3:55 posi rear/big brake swap tow package car

Comment

Got the old engine pulled out today, goopey mess but it came out pretty easily. Also have all the old exhaust out. More parts showed up today, lots of small stuff, rear main seal, gaskets, and i got a new stock oil pan. Will be degreasing, cleaning, and rewiring the next couple days, and should be putting the new motor together starting monday. Anyone know what thread the ACT sensor is? i need to tap the hole for it in the new lower manifold.
          Pics...
          Attached Files

1984 Grand Marquis GS - CFI-SEFI conversion, Explorer 302, GT40 intakes, GT40P heads, 1.7 roller rockers, HO Cam, ASP Underdrive Pulley, 2.5" Dual exhaust, Flowmaster Delta 50 mufflers, 3.55 Trac-Lock, Rear disk's, Moog cargo coils, ES rear poly bushings, PI front and rear sway bars, 3G alt., Mark VIII fan, custom Auto-meter dash
          1990 Crown Victoria Country Squire - Explorer 302, HO cam, dual exhaust, 3.55 Trac-Lock, PI rear sway bar (SOLD)

Comment

did some degreasing and wiring clean up today. Also got the tailpipes in the mail, exhaust looks like it will all fit in nicely, just need a bit of extension pipe now. Can't wait its going to look great
            Attached Files

Comment

I can't view the attachment, because I'm at work. Impala tails?

Getting parts in the mail is one of the best feelings, in my opinion.

This is a sweet project (like all of the projects you have done), and I can't wait to see the results.
              **2012 Ford Mustang Boss 302: 5.0/ 6 spd/ 3.73s, 20K Cruiser
              **2006 MGM,"Ultimate": 4.6/ 2.73/ Dark Tint, Magnaflows, 19s, 115K Daily Driver
              **2012 Harley Davidson Wide Glide (FXDWG):103/ Cobra Speedsters/ Cosmetics, 9K Poseur HD Rider
              **1976 Ford F-150 4WD: 360, 4 spd, 3.50s, factory A/C, 4" lift, Bilsteins, US Indy Mags, 35s Truck Duties

Comment

That car is gonna be so sick when it's done. What was wrong with the old lopo motor?

And i'm sure Tom would agree, that car would be even more awesome without the vinyl on the roof
                88 Town Car (wrecked, for sale)
                Walker OEM duals with muffler deletes

Comment

sweet looking great mark did you get the mustang govenor yet?

1989 mercury grand marquis gs / 2014 ford focus s daily driver
                  302 lopo with ho upper/ aod with trans go shift kit
                  k code 3:55 posi rear/big brake swap tow package car

Comment

Been continuing to clean up/paint parts, almost done with that. Found a lot of old unnecessary wiring that i cleaned up. painted the insides of the fenders, master cylinder and brake booster. New motor mounts are in, and WOW is that a bitch of a process. I'l add that to the list of shit i'll never do again. Should have left the old ones in. I get the last 2 parts i need in the mail monday and will put the new motor together then. HO cam and ECM thanks to Brandon(LTDman83) and Eric (88grandmarq). Got my 86 HO intake plate yesterday and am getting that painted and ready. There isn't a nut or bolt i've taken off that i'm not replacing, or cleaning and painting. I want it to be spotless under the hood... clean enough environment to assemble circuit boards in Also got my asp underdrive pulley yesterday. It will be a stretch, but i'm hoping to be driving again by thursday morning.

Originally posted by P72Ford View Post
                    I can't view the attachment, because I'm at work. Impala tails?

Getting parts in the mail is one of the best feelings, in my opinion.

This is a sweet project (like all of the projects you have done), and I can't wait to see the results.
                    Yep, impala tails. Looks like they will fit great. I agree, nothing beats new parts in the mail

Originally posted by 88Vic View Post
                    That car is gonna be so sick when it's done. What was wrong with the old lopo motor?

And i'm sure Tom would agree, that car would be even more awesome without the vinyl on the roof
                    Old motor leaked oil, bad gasket somewhere letting coolant get into the oil, which made the already bad oil pressure worse... 6psi. And it was just time to put something better in. Bah! Vinyl stays... at least until its shot, then i dont know.

Originally posted by gabegt90 View Post
                    sweet looking great mark did you get the mustang govenor yet?
                    Nope, haven't touched the tranny yet.

Comment

this car is gonna be sweet.
                      That's some gooooood looking vinyl imo
                      Ont And Canada PPL The Cookhouse in Dwight

91 Grand Marq . . . . . . 88 ho wagon (project) . . . . . . 80' Lincoln Mark VI

Comment

I'm drooling already...

I'm sure you will have an immaculate Box once done.

Keep up the Great Work!

Comment

very nice indeed. I think you'll be pleased with the Exploder powerplant.
                          86 Lincoln Town Car (Galactica).
                          5.0 HO, CompCams XE258,Scorpion 1.72 roller rockers, 3.55 K code rear, tow package, BHPerformance ported E7 heads, Tmoss Explorer intake, 65mm throttle body, Hedman 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" dual exhaust, ASP underdrive pulley

91 Lincoln Mark VII LSC grandpa spec white and cranberry

1984 Lincoln Continental TurboDiesel - rolls coal

Originally posted by phayzer5
                          I drive a Lincoln. I can't be bothered to shift like the peasants and rabble rousers

Comment

ok, motor assembly got pushed back to tuesday, but i have all the parts i need now. Still prepping the engine bay. Finally drilled and tapped the act hole in the lower intake. If anyone needs to know, the tap size is 3/8-18 NPT, the fact that it was pipe thread was throwing me off trying to find the size. I assembled the stuff on the upper, it was good to put something together instead of taking it apart The blue is looking amazing. Still need to paint the intake plate though. Gave the bottom of the hood a coat of paint so it wouldn't look so ugly above the new motor too. pics of stuff...
                            Attached Files

Comment

The 86 Stang intake plenum plate looks awesome, I should check the local junkyards for one in case some other mang wants one.
                              88 Town Car (wrecked, for sale)
                              Walker OEM duals with muffler deletes

Comment

Well painted the intake plate, looks amazing Wasn't able to finish assembling the motor today. Had a messed up dowel pin and the parts stores were closed, so i'll be finishing tomorrow. I got the oil pump and driveshaft, cam, timing set, new valve springs, and one head installed though. will have more pics tomorrow...
                                Attached Files

Comment

Working...
                                X