No announcement yet.

The Colony Park is in Michigan!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Unfortunately, no, I gave in and bought a set of '95 Mustang buckets. Funky little things, but fairly decent. I haven't forgotten about yours, though!
    2012 Mazda5 Touring | Finally working on the LTD again!

Comment

I miss my old wheels.... they just look so right on these cars.

Comment

Originally posted by Nathan in MN View Post
        Did you get PI buckets?
        You have PI buckets?

Also, 1987cp (Mike, right?), the garage appears to be well lit the the white walls and lighting. Nice for working on things!
        Last edited by P72Ford; 08-09-2007, 08:11 PM.
        **2012 Ford Mustang Boss 302: 5.0/ 6 spd/ 3.73s, 20K Cruiser
        **2006 MGM,"Ultimate": 4.6/ 2.73/ Dark Tint, Magnaflows, 19s, 115K Daily Driver
        **2012 Harley Davidson Wide Glide (FXDWG):103/ Cobra Speedsters/ Cosmetics, 9K Poseur HD Rider
        **1976 Ford F-150 4WD: 360, 4 spd, 3.50s, factory A/C, 4" lift, Bilsteins, US Indy Mags, 35s Truck Duties

Comment

Originally posted by P72Ford View Post
          Also, 1987cp (Mike, right?), the garage appears to be well lit the the white walls and lighting. Nice for working on things!
          Yep, that's right ...... and yeah, it's not so bad for getting stuff done. I think I did the intake swap in like 3 hours, versus more like 3 days!

Comment

nice pics mike glad to see you have a nice garage for the wagon's

1989 mercury grand marquis gs / 2014 ford focus s daily driver
            302 lopo with ho upper/ aod with trans go shift kit
            k code 3:55 posi rear/big brake swap tow package car

Comment

Originally posted by gabegt90 View Post
              nice pics mike glad to see you have a nice garage for the wagon's
              +1

That is indeed a nice garage. I really like the wood slatted walkway to the driveway. That would make a good place for a garden on each side.

Packman

Comment

Thanks! Yeah, a previous owner did a lot of landscaping, though now it's badly in need of weeding and general cleanup. Did you see the pictures at http://picasaweb.google.com/mcwest2002 ?

Comment

Originally posted by P72Ford View Post
                  You have PI buckets?
                  Yep. Buckets in the front, vinyl bench in the rear. Uncomfortable as all heck, too. If I ever get around to buying some new seats for it (I'd like a set from a Sig series Towny), Mike has expressed interest in my buckets.

2001 Ford Crown Victoria P71 - "The Fire Engine"
                  1985 Lincoln Town Car Signature Series
                  But God demonstrates his own love for us in this: While we were still sinners, Christ died for us. Romans 5:8

Comment

My biggest concern about the Mustang seats is that they don't seem quite as sturdy as torquelover's seats in his '87 PI. Those things were super-nice, and rather more comfortable than I expected given the lack of tilt, recline, etc. These seats are going to be either permanently tilted back somewhat or else adapted somehow to my factory '79 six-way brackets at some point. (I'd hoped the extra fore-aft travel of the stock Mustang bracket would allow my wife to drive the car semi-comfortably, but at least at 8 months pregnant, she hits the steering wheel and still can't comfortably reach the pedals. What did short women used to do back when all cars were large?)

Comment

Finally! Here are some long-awaited shots of my new seats. No great excuse for the delay, just had to get around to doing it. Thought of it today while I was in the garage steam-cleaning the new couch.

Not sure what I've said about it, but I adapted the car's factory six-way power seat bracket to the Mustang driver's seat. Actually, this power bracket is from the LTD, since the aluminum tracks from this car were getting a little sloppy and this car, being faster and more maneuverable, seemed more in need of the better control. My current plan is to yank the LTD's six-way power bracket from the passenger side and use that in this car as well, using the same system I used for this install. If I've got my brain about me, I'll take pictures!

1) View from passenger door
                      2) View #2 from passenger door
                      3) View from driver's door
                      4) View #2 from driver's door
                      5) Stock '87 six-way power controller
                      6) Driver's floorboard
                      7) Passenger floorboard
                      8) Funny goo present in a few places on the floorpan - anyone know what this stuff is made of?
                      9) Free couch I was steam-cleaning in the garage (dumpster find)

One thing that I don't think is visible in the pictures is the plastic brackets that mount to the top of the seats below the headrests to control the seatbelt. They're held in with Torx screws that I'm having a hard time getting to because there isn't enough clearance below the headrest to get my combination Torx-key set in there. If I still knew the location of all my Torx sockets, it wouldn't be a problem .... don't suppose there's an easy way to get the headrests out without damaging anything?
                      Attached Files
                      Last edited by 1987cp; 08-24-2007, 02:41 PM.

Comment

Seats look good, but it feels like something is missing...:p
                        Nick
                        88 Colony Park LS
                        G-pa's old car, but he's cruisin around heaven in his 69 wagon now
                        Future plans:Semi HO conversion, or Explorer motor swap, shift kit, PI springs and sway bars, KYB-GR2 shocks

Comment

Something missing? In my car? Naaaaaaaahhh............

Comment

Nice. I love white cars with blue interiors! Like the new seats better though. I haven't fucked with the power controls yet. The '04 has them on the door of all places. I may mess with it when I get a shot. I'm the only one driving the car though. Seat movement isn't all that critical. I'll get to it eventually.

Also, I got a really sweet dark gray steering wheel cover (best one I've ever seen). I also got some dark gray rubber/ carpet floor mats. The dark gray seats actually look really factory in there now. The wood grain delete and all has integrated them well. I've already had several people ask me what the seats are out of. One guy said he didn't think those cars (box CV's) had such high head rests.

I'm lucky enough to have good looking carpet between the two seats too (throughout the car actually). I was thinking console, but I've decided against it. It's strange not having the split bench... no place to rest my hand on the seat.

Nice job Mike... looking forward to more pics when shes all together.
                            **2012 Ford Mustang Boss 302: 5.0/ 6 spd/ 3.73s, 20K Cruiser
                            **2006 MGM,"Ultimate": 4.6/ 2.73/ Dark Tint, Magnaflows, 19s, 115K Daily Driver
                            **2012 Harley Davidson Wide Glide (FXDWG):103/ Cobra Speedsters/ Cosmetics, 9K Poseur HD Rider
                            **1976 Ford F-150 4WD: 360, 4 spd, 3.50s, factory A/C, 4" lift, Bilsteins, US Indy Mags, 35s Truck Duties

Comment

nice pics mike are you ever going to finish the dash?

1989 mercury grand marquis gs / 2014 ford focus s daily driver
                              302 lopo with ho upper/ aod with trans go shift kit
                              k code 3:55 posi rear/big brake swap tow package car

Comment

I like the idea of dark grey or charcoal on the floor ... I'd been thinking for a while about doing darker-than-stock carpeting like maybe black, but maybe charcoal would be better.

Yep, now that I'm out of the apartment (yippee!!!) and better yet, actually have a garage, I'm expecting to get cranking on the dash project much, much sooner. Got the ol' brain cranking on it, and I'm fishing for ideas for the general form of the dash and how to integrate it with a console. I'm really missing having somewhere to stick things that I used to put on the seat beside me!!

Comment

Working...
                                X