No announcement yet.

The Colony Park is in Michigan!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Very interesting. Are the seats lighter than what you took out? You need to score some sort of center console now to make it fully integrated. Any thoughts on this? Kinda looks like my car now but with a lot more padding. Did the hip point change or are the seats cranked up? So, are you going to integrate that couch into the rear seat area? The patterns complement each other you know...

Comment

Originally posted by torquelover View Post
      Very interesting. Are the seats lighter than what you took out? You need to score some sort of center console now to make it fully integrated. Any thoughts on this? Kinda looks like my car now but with a lot more padding. Did the hip point change or are the seats cranked up? So, are you going to integrate that couch into the rear seat area? The patterns complement each other you know...
      Yeah, the seats are lighter, but I found I retained a good chunk of the weight by retaining the six-way power seat bracket. I do plan on having a console integrated into the dash - probably gonna make that out of aluminum and/or 1/4" plywood and cover it with carpet and vinyl. Saw a custom console at a car show once that a kid had made to integrate a PC into his vehicle - it was just plywood covered with vinyl, and it looked pretty nice.

The overall driving position is quite similar to stock. I'd hoped to end up with it a little lower, but I had to add a spacer in the rear because the rails are curved but the undersides of the seats are not. I did try a different configuration with spacers in the front, but that made everything way too high and too tilted back.

Couch in the rear of the car ... hmmmm......
      2012 Mazda5 Touring | Finally working on the LTD again!

Comment

Custom dash, eh? Would be very cool, or disturbing, opening up your car to see the dash and doors look like this:

You'd have to take some of the curves out of it for knee/thigh room, however. Seems a little tight to the center console.

Comment

What dash is that?

2001 Ford Crown Victoria P71 - "The Fire Engine"
          1985 Lincoln Town Car Signature Series
          But God demonstrates his own love for us in this: While we were still sinners, Christ died for us. Romans 5:8

Comment

It's out of a Subaru Tribeca, a station wagon/minivan thing with a flat-6.

Comment

hehe - nah, I was thinking something more along the lines of a cross between the stock dash and that of an MG or Rolls-Royce with the flat wood dash panel. I'd like to keep it simple and in keeping with the car's funky character.

Comment

:bump:

Just took more pics for this month's PoTM sticky thread, thought I'd share the whatzit on this thread as well. Things are still pretty much the same, except that the interior's starting to look like an interior once again, and I got the heater core hooked up again with the little metal tubie things. I'm liking the headlight photos, but the rear views seem to somehow leave a lot to be desired .......

Linky: http://www.supermotors.net/vehicles/...ry/16474/60463

Comment

Man, that car looks tough with those wide meats on it!

But God demonstrates his own love for us in this: While we were still sinners, Christ died for us. Romans 5:8

Comment

Yeah, I tried to kind of capture that. I also tried to take pictures of the individual tires, but I don't think they really turned out, so I didn't upload them. It'll be interesting to see how the looks improve in the event I install 295/50 tires in the future.

I also just uploaded some updated garage shots. Got my workbench and toolbox, storage cabinet and a little indispensable ellipsoidal red thing, the wife's old Ecotec awaiting a buildup, and of course the fresh E7 heads for the old '87 engine. I'll try to get pictures of the extra transmissions and the 351W guts as I get things shuffled around and space cleared back out.

Last edited by 1987cp; 10-28-2007, 07:15 PM.

Comment

Btw, I don't know yet what my schedule will look like for sure, but what have you got going next Saturday?

Comment

absolutely nothing. Why, you thinking you could make a trip to Lansing?

Comment

Man, I've never noticed that. The offset on those wheels is just right!

One question though... where did the dash assembly go exactly?
                          1990 Country Squire - weekend cruiser, next project
                          1988 Crown Vic LTD Wagon - waiting in the wings

GMN Box Panther History
                          Box Panther Horsepower and Torque Ratings
                          Box Panther Production Numbers

Comment

Originally posted by 1987cp View Post
                            absolutely nothing. Why, you thinking you could make a trip to Lansing?
                            Yeah, as far as I know at this point I haven't got anything going on, either, and I keep meaning to come over and say hi, shoot the breeze, swap cars, ogle the baby...you know, fun stuff like that.

Comment

Damn that car looks mean, I love the wheel/tire combo. You've got a couple nice angles on those shots too. Keep up the good work man.
                              Nick
                              88 Colony Park LS
                              G-pa's old car, but he's cruisin around heaven in his 69 wagon now
                              Future plans:Semi HO conversion, or Explorer motor swap, shift kit, PI springs and sway bars, KYB-GR2 shocks

Comment

Originally posted by Tiggie View Post
                                Man, I've never noticed that. The offset on those wheels is just right!

One question though... where did the dash assembly go exactly?
                                Um ...... into boxes .........

Originally posted by 88MercWagon View Post
                                Damn that car looks mean, I love the wheel/tire combo. You've got a couple nice angles on those shots too. Keep up the good work man.
                                Thanks!

Comment

Working...
                                X