Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by 1987cp View Post
    I have this thing about traffic tickets - they aren't me. :shrugs:

Well you don't just go out and do it in front of a police officer silly, geesh.

Packman

Comment

Originally posted by packman View Post

Packman

I dunno about that one. He seems to have bad Po-Po luck. The only time he did one out here, a trooper was sitting at the light going the opposite direction from us. I egged him on trying to show him a Mark VIII's mad burnout ability.

Sorry about that Michael...
      Last edited by torquelover; 02-01-2008, 09:31 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by torquelover View Post
        I dunno about that one. He seems to have bad Po-Po luck. The only time he did one out here, a trooper was sitting at the light going the opposite direction from us. I egged him on trying to show him a Mark VIII's mad burnout ability.

Sorry about that Michael...
        Hey, not your fault ...

Crazy my bad luck with that sort of thing, though. :p You can imagine how I felt when I was riding in the Viper and the radar detector started making noises!!!!
        2012 Mazda5 Touring | Finally working on the LTD again!

Comment

Packman

Easy to do if the cop is hiding around the corner.....

Comment

Hey, not your fault ...

Crazy my bad luck with that sort of thing, though. :p You can imagine how I felt when I was riding in the Viper and the radar detector started making noises!!!!
            You think that's bad, sometimes he guns it when it goes off.

Comment

Easy to do if the cop is hiding around the corner.....
              Yeah I hate when they find a new place to hide. It would also help if I had something that could get out of its own way too. I think they laugh their asses off when they hear all of the noise and then see the CV going nowhere..............slowly.

Packman

Comment

Heh heh. I got out of a 104 in a 55 because the officer said there was no way I could be going that fast merging from the on-ramp. He said he had a dozen squads like mine back in the day, and it would take a few miles to get to 104. Good thing I was on the coast-down, closed throttle. and killed the engine as soon as I was pulled over.

Comment

Yeah I hate when they find a new place to hide. It would also help if I had something that could get out of its own way too. I think they laugh their asses off when they hear all of the noise and then see the CV going nowhere..............slowly.

Packman
                  LOL ... yeah, the guy I'm thinking of had already pulled a kid over, and when I chirped a tire out of a parking lot he stepped out in front of me and hit me with a Careless Driving charge and confiscated my driver's license. I was able to get the charge reduced to a non-"points" charge, but I really, REALLY don't want to go through that again.

Originally posted by torquelover View Post
                  Heh heh. I got out of a 104 in a 55 because the officer said there was no way I could be going that fast merging from the on-ramp. He said he had a dozen squads like mine back in the day, and it would take a few miles to get to 104. Good thing I was on the coast-down, closed throttle. and killed the engine as soon as I was pulled over.
                  Little did he know how quickly and sneakily your car gathers excessive speed .... :p

Comment

I did get caught once in the Malibu a while back. I had taken the fat Cragars off the rear of my Malibu in '02 and had the stock 14s after a rearend replacement. It had just rained and I forgot how slippery those stockers were. Of course I came off of a traffic light a little too hard (like I was used to with better grip) and spun the tires in front of a county cop. He pulled me over and I ended up getting into a conversation about his son's Malibu. I was quite lucky too on that.

Packman

Comment

I did get caught once in the Malibu a while back. I had taken the fat Cragars off the rear of my Malibu in '02 and had the stock 14s after a rearend replacement. It had just rained and I forgot how slippery those stockers were. Of course I came off of a traffic light a little too hard (like I was used to with better grip) and spun the tires in front of a county cop. He pulled me over and I ended up getting into a conversation about his son's Malibu. I was quite lucky too on that.

Packman

You're brave. I thought momentarily of trying to explain that I hadn't really been on it that hard, but especially with the 275s mounted up, I decided against it.

Comment

Okay dudes, I've got a question for whoever sees this. I'm currently yanking stuff from the '79 wagon to keep when it goes off into the sunset, and so far this includes the complete burgandy vinyl interior. Since my original stuff is the wrong shade of blue to suit me (I prefer the darker Federal Blue), and I liked the warm interior color on the Squire, I'm thinking on maybe freshening/redying the burgandy interior parts and installing them on the Mercury. Of course, this would depend heavily on the tastes of the guy who's selling me my '81 two-door, since as the '79's new owner he kind of has his pick of the parts in return for helping me get my rust problem out of the garage. Thoughts on this?

Comment

What seats would you use?

2001 Ford Crown Victoria P71 - "The Fire Engine"
                          1985 Lincoln Town Car Signature Series
                          But God demonstrates his own love for us in this: While we were still sinners, Christ died for us. Romans 5:8

Comment

If the buyer doesn't need the interior, keep it if it will improve the '87 CP project. I know I should go into your other Reader's Ride thread, but I am curious to see what you want to do with the sedan.

Packman

Comment

Originally posted by Nathan in MN View Post
                              What seats would you use?
                              For this car I'd probably keep the Mustang buckets and install the vinyl rear bench, with the view of eventually recovering the buckets in burgandy vinyl. I'll probably be leaving the '81 mostly stock for a while.... except that my JCWhitney-sourced mini tach will probably be going in place of the clock-delete plate, and the more upscale dash trim probably won't hurt it much. On the other hand, my set of bucket seats is kind of designed for a two-door car ........ decisions, decisions!

Comment

I have imitators!

Images courtesy of TurboBuick.com. I especially like the Chevy. Too bad my white wagon is now engineless once again, at least until I decide what to do with it ....

Comment

Working...
                                X