No announcement yet.

My '89 Crown Vic *DUW*

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

If you paint the outer rim red with that hub cap i think it would look awsome..

Comment

I like those wheel covers, but I'm not entirely sure that they go with the rat rod look of the car. Or isn't that what you were going for?

Either way, I love the look of your car.

2001 Ford Crown Victoria P71 - "The Fire Engine"
      1985 Lincoln Town Car Signature Series
      But God demonstrates his own love for us in this: While we were still sinners, Christ died for us. Romans 5:8

Comment

I can't dig them man. It looks like a grandma car that is trying too hard with those caps.
        2000 Mustang GT "Blondie", 2000 CVPI "Sargent Crusty"

Comment

Poncho caps...cool!! Reminds me when I put caddy hubcaps on my car, I thought it looked kinda good, except for the caddy emblem being on a merc

2009 Ford F-350 6.4 powerstroke diesel. 1977 Ford F-150 built 300 six, 5 speed trans. 1976 MG MGB roadster, 359w, t5 5 speed. 1996 Kawasaki ninja ZX6R.
          My rod is glowing, my bead is clean, my middle name is acetylene

Comment

I personally don't like the way the hubcaps look. But then again, I hate all hubcaps, they serve no purpose. In the end, it's your car so do whatever you want to it.
            88 Town Car (wrecked, for sale)
            Walker OEM duals with muffler deletes

Comment

Nice Rat Rod Vic!Rust is supposed to be part of a rat rod,so your allready most of the way there!You should get under there and sand off all the undercoating off the frame,so that way you get the rusted frame look that is so popular on the old Ford Rat Rods.I'm liking the hubs,definatly does not look like a grandma car with those.

Comment

You guys and this rat rod stuff...
                '89 Ford LTD Crown Vic - '92 Ford F-150 Custom -
                '95 Ford Bronco XL -

sigpic :rebel:

Comment

Take off the hubcaps and wheels, and put the damned red steelies back on!
                  1983 Grand Marquis 2Dr Sedan "Mercules"
                  Tremec TKO conversion, hydraulic clutch, HURST equipped!

Comment

Originally posted by Grand_Marquis_GT
                    Take off the hubcaps and wheels, and put the damned red steelies back on!
                    X infinity. I told you after you sprayed the car flat black that it needed red wheels, then you did it and it was perfect. The hubcaps look terrible, IMHO.

2007 F-150 Supercab XLT 4x4
                    1997 Jeep Cherokee

Comment

Good job!!!!

That is one bitchin CV!! Did you ever think about pinstriping that car? Possibly wide whitewall tires as well? I was thinking about going that route myself by applying some sort of flattening agent with some light blue paint to give it that satin look. Then I was going to put the wide whites on a cleaner version of the stock rims. Unfortunately my mom likes shiny paint and the ol' skool American Racing rims that you see on many of the drag cars. So, I went the route that I did except that I chose 17's over the 15's. Again, great job on that CV, I like that vision.
                      Packman

Comment

WWW Radials are crazy expensive. These tires I got now are decently wide...but not like I wanted. Next tires for it are gonna be RWL.

I wouldn't mind some kustom pinstriping, I was also considering pinstripe flames, ya know, just the outline...but eh, who knows.

Next summer the vinyl top is coming off, more chrome is getting painted over, and I'm gonna fix some rust. Probably gonna end up sanding it all down and doing another coat too.

Oh it turned 232,000 tonite!

and thanks for the compliments man!
                        Last edited by boXman; 11-28-2006, 11:41 PM.
                        '95 Ford Bronco XL -

Comment

Also, the hubcaps are not on it anymore. I took them off awhile ago...now I gotta repaint my wheels.
                          '95 Ford Bronco XL -

Comment

Maybe I'm just slow.....

I just got the link for your 88 GM. My computer must be slow or somethin', I like that diamond plate for the interior paneling. I had in my possession a single 16" rim that was painted black on the inside and chromed along the lip of the rim. I don't know where or what year it came from, but the dog dish hubcap said Ford. At the time I was into that billet wheel look; luckily I didn't have the money to start my 53 Ford PU project; man that would of been a big mistake. I wish I hadn't parted with that rim because if I coulda possibly found three more I would of given them to you, that would look hot on that 89 CV. I digress though, back to the 88 GM, can't wait to see what you do with that car!!!!
                            Packman

Comment

Yea I just put that link back in there last night. That's my winter beater. I gave it to lincolnmania for some work, now I'm buyin it back. The diamond plate decal is all gone, someone else was gonna use it for winter and didnt like it so they removed it, oh well I still have a lot left if i wanna re do it lol. I was thinkin about running it along the bottom of the car...
                              '95 Ford Bronco XL -

Comment

'95 Ford Bronco XL -

Comment

Working...
                                X