X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by 87gtVIC View Post
    Then do a giant burnout to celebrate the occassion.:headbang:
    No burnouts.
    I think my transmisson is either misadjusted or bad. When I goose it (like if I were to merge on a highway), the engine roars but the damn thing won't go. I'm not sure if it's misadjustment or not. The fluid is at the correct level, and it does not smell burnt, it is red. So I don't know what to think.

Comment

"the engine roars but the damn thing won't go."

lol welcome to the world of low output V8's paired with a big heavy car hahaha

but seriously maybe you should have a mechanic take a quick look at it and see what he says if you feel somethings wrong.
      -Phil

sigpic

+1982 Ford LTD-S Police Car. Built 351w, Trickflow 11R 190 Heads, Holley Sniper EFI, RPM Intake+ Hyperspark dizzy, WR-AOD, Full exhaust headers to tails. 3.27 Trac-Lok Rear. Aluminum Police Driveshaft. Speedway Springs+Bilstein Shocks, Intermediate Brakes, HPP Steering Box.

+2003 Acura CL Type S 6-speed

Comment

Originally posted by Brown_Muscle View Post
        "the engine roars but the damn thing won't go."

lol welcome to the world of low output V8's paired with a big heavy car hahaha

but seriously maybe you should have a mechanic take a quick look at it and see what he says if you feel somethings wrong.
        I think I might do that. Who knows maybe I missed something stupid.

Comment

wow you havnt posted it yet so i will.

The Tranny has been rebuilt! with a new flywheel and starter! from what john tells me it starts right up and shifts strong! i cant wait to ride in it this weekend MANG!
          -Phil

sigpic

+1982 Ford LTD-S Police Car. Built 351w, Trickflow 11R 190 Heads, Holley Sniper EFI, RPM Intake+ Hyperspark dizzy, WR-AOD, Full exhaust headers to tails. 3.27 Trac-Lok Rear. Aluminum Police Driveshaft. Speedway Springs+Bilstein Shocks, Intermediate Brakes, HPP Steering Box.

+2003 Acura CL Type S 6-speed

Comment

Mine will smoke the tires all day, I have had my 87 goin for about a month and already need new tires
            -2004 Crown Victoria Police Interceptor - Daily Driver - 17" Bullitt's, 235/55/17 Goodyear Eagles, Ex-NH State Police, best 1/4 mile time; 15.3 @ 90 mph
            -1987 Crown Victoria 2-Door - Project - 90k miles, Summit chambered muffler, Sunpro gauges, parked since 2010, fate tbd

Comment

i just love after smoking the tire for a good minute, hearing the tires kick up everything on the road up into the wheelwells for a couple miles after the burnout occured. I have to go outside now and have some fun.
              ~David~

My 1987 Crown Victoria Coupe: The Brown Blob
              My 2004 Mercedes Benz E320:The Benz

Originally posted by ootdega
              My life is a long series of "nevermind" and "I guess not."

Originally posted by DerekTheGreat
              But, that's just coming from me, this site's biggest pessimist. Best of luck

Originally posted by gadget73
              my car starts and it has AC. Yours doesn't start and it has no AC. Seems obvious to me.

Comment

Took it to the inspection station. It failed for emissions. HC and NOx to be exact.
                NOx was 1151, but the standard was 1146
                HC was 172, but the standard was 152

What determines these values?

Comment

Wow, that was really close. Emissions testing is a bitch.
                  Chris - A 20th Century Man \m/ ^.^ \m/

Comment

You should try to get that to a private inspection facility, In the end you'll end up paying about the same price, if not more for whatever repairs are needed to get that car to pass. I've been there B4, not fun.

Packman

Comment

Gonna have to, I was afraid that the thing wouldn't pass inspection. Suprisingly though, it passed for every other damn thing, even Carbon Monoxide and the safety test.

Comment

Perhaps you might have to do that dual upgrade sooner than later and get some fresh cats on there. That might help out enough to pass the car.

Packman

Comment

give it a good tune up and try again

1986 lincoln towncar signature series. 5.0 HO with thumper performance ported e7 heads, 1.7 roller rockers, warm air intake, 65mm throttle body, 1/2" intake spacer, ported intakes, 3.73 rear with trac lock, 98-02 front brake conversion, 92-97 rear disc conversion, 1" rear swaybar, 1 3/16" front swaybar, 16" wheels and tires, loud ass stereo system, badass cb, best time to date 15.94 at 87 mph. lots of mods in the works 221.8 rwhp 278 rwt
                          2006 Lincoln Town Car Signature. Stock for now
                          1989 Ford F-250 4x4 much much more to come, sefi converted so far.
                          1986 Toyota pickup with LSC wheels and 225/60/16 tires.
                          2008 Hyundai Elantra future Revcon toad
                          1987 TriBurner and 1986 Alaska stokers keeping me warm. (and some pesky oil heat)

please be patient, rebuilding an empire!

Comment

Got some more computers for the junkyard, two to be exact, for free :evil: The one I put in seems to be working fine, no more code scans though lol.

Comment

Felt like posting a couple of pics, 1st, the aftermath of a burnout I did in front of Brown_Muscle's house. Second is a street by his house as I was leaving, both pictures courtesy of Brown_Muscle (Phil).

Comment

nice, ripping up the streets. but why only on rubber mark :smirk: j/k

and I like the sig pic.
                                Last edited by 87gtVIC; 11-23-2008, 08:11 PM.
                                ~David~

My 1987 Crown Victoria Coupe: The Brown Blob
                                My 2004 Mercedes Benz E320:The Benz

Originally posted by ootdega
                                My life is a long series of "nevermind" and "I guess not."

Originally posted by DerekTheGreat
                                But, that's just coming from me, this site's biggest pessimist. Best of luck

Originally posted by gadget73
                                my car starts and it has AC. Yours doesn't start and it has no AC. Seems obvious to me.

Comment

Working...
                                X