No announcement yet.

My Vicky

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Well I picked up the stuff for the 3G upgrade. The alternator, the charge wire, the harness and the fuse. Alternator tested good at autozone. I'll be putting it in tomorrow, weather permitting.

Comment

Success!! 3G works like a charm, I will take pics tomorrow!!

Comment

ummm tomorrow past John. even though i am away i am waiting.
        ~David~

My 1987 Crown Victoria Coupe: The Brown Blob
        My 2004 Mercedes Benz E320:The Benz

Originally posted by ootdega
        My life is a long series of "nevermind" and "I guess not."

Originally posted by DerekTheGreat
        But, that's just coming from me, this site's biggest pessimist. Best of luck

Originally posted by gadget73
        my car starts and it has AC. Yours doesn't start and it has no AC. Seems obvious to me.

Comment

Originally posted by 87gtVIC View Post
          ummm tomorrow past John. even though i am away i am waiting.
          New Year's Resolution, get pics of 3G Upgrade. Oh and by the way, she passed inspection today. HAPPY NEW YEAR!!!!!

Comment

Pics are up in the 3G Conversion page in the electrical forum.
            Next up is the police sway bars and dual exhaust!! I will probably start the sway bar job tomorrow, and if all goes well I'll be able to get it done so I can drive it out by the last bell. That gives me an hour and 30 minutes. I'll have the car on the lift, so we'll see how long it takes. Beats working on the ground. God bless one of the few high schools that still have an autoshop program!

Comment

Ok well instead of starting the sway bars, I did the dual exhaust. I kinda wasted some time yesterday making sure everything would bolt in place fine. Since the stuff was from an '88 Town Car. It was fine. I had to get another muffler (my old one split from removal), whatever. So I put everything back on today. Stock exhaust. And yes Scott, universal hangers and gasket maker along with the gaskets.
              I will more than likely start the sway bars tomorrow. Big thanks again to P72 Ford, Cheesesteak Jim, and 87_Crown_Vic, for helping me get all this stuff. Big thanks to Thain and Scott as well.

For a side note, the h pipe, and tails are from a town car. They fit with no problem, no cutting required! I'll take pics sometime this week.

Comment

Awesome!!!! Did you purchase stock muffs or did you get aftermarket units?
                Anyways, I hope it runs better and perhaps a bit more efficiently.

Packman

Comment

I want a loud exhaust now Running it the one day without any mufflers was fucking awesome.

Comment

Cutouts FTW!!!!!!

Packman

Comment

Originally posted by 86VickyLX View Post
                      I want a loud exhaust now Running it the one day without any mufflers was fucking awesome.

I cant wait till my current dual exhaust rots through so i have a reason to put some loud ass mofo's back there
                      ~David~

my car starts and it has AC. Yours doesn't start and it has no AC. Seems obvious to me.

Comment

Originally posted by packman View Post
                        Cutouts FTW!!!!!!

Packman
                        Very tempting.

I got the rear police sway bar installed, I already notice a difference is steering, I can only imagine when I put the front one on. I had to go to the parts store today, I had to exchange the bar to frame bushings, I told the guy the wrong size, I told him 1" and not 1 1/8". Whatever, I got the correct size bushings and I'll be installing the front police sway bar tomorrow.

Comment

Well a little snag, but something I expected. The end links are stuck lol. I will have to cut them off tomorrow. :hacksaw: Well actually, SAWZALL!!! Hacksaw that they had at the shop were too big to get in there to cut the links. So I'll throw on the sway bar and take it on 295 around teh hairpin turns!

Comment

Front bar is on!! Took it around the school parking lot, it was good. When I drove it home, it felt very stiff, not any lean that I noticed. I'm glad that it's all done... for now!!

Comment

auto X here you come
                              ~David~

Comment

:lol: yeah right

Comment

Working...
                                X