My Vicky

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Brown_Muscle View Post
    Ok, so you want me to pick up one of those for you when I'm at the junk yard? Are there any wires or such that go to the gauge that you want with it?
    Nope just the gauge. The wires are in the green plastic chip looking thing on the white thing. I can just use mine. Don't touch the needle at all or it will screw it up and it won't be able to be used.

Comment

Okay dokay I'll get a blue rear floor mat and a gas gauge for ya
      -Phil

sigpic

+1982 Ford LTD-S Police Car. Built 351w, Trickflow 11R 190 Heads, Holley Sniper EFI, RPM Intake+ Hyperspark dizzy, WR-AOD, Full exhaust headers to tails. 3.27 Trac-Lok Rear. Aluminum Police Driveshaft. Speedway Springs+Bilstein Shocks, Intermediate Brakes, HPP Steering Box.

+2003 Acura CL Type S 6-speed

Comment

Okay dokay I'll get a blue rear floor mat and a gas gauge for ya
        thank you mang.

Comment

ahh one more question sorry, I have rubber floor mats which are stapled and glued down, are the floor mats you have the same? How do i go about removing them without damageing them??
          -Phil

sigpic

+1982 Ford LTD-S Police Car. Built 351w, Trickflow 11R 190 Heads, Holley Sniper EFI, RPM Intake+ Hyperspark dizzy, WR-AOD, Full exhaust headers to tails. 3.27 Trac-Lok Rear. Aluminum Police Driveshaft. Speedway Springs+Bilstein Shocks, Intermediate Brakes, HPP Steering Box.

Comment

ahh one more question sorry, I have rubber floor mats which are stapled and glued down, are the floor mats you have the same? How do i go about removing them without damageing them??
            no. Mine are the square ones with the little spike like things on the bottom to keep the mat from moving around. They are carpeted and not stapled or glued down.

Comment

ohhh so its not the entire floor mat haha, ok good thing I asked.
              -Phil

sigpic

Comment

ohhh so its not the entire floor mat haha, ok good thing I asked.
                lol do you meant the entire carpet? :lol: no no.

Comment

Well, I have done a successful Autolamp swap, with the help of Dereck and Thain.
                  I put the gas gauge in, and I got the obsolete shift indicator cable from Ford. Will put the cluster back in the car tomorrow or later on, Spring break just started so I'll take my time, then I'll clean the car all up again.

Comment

Replaced the mast for the power antenna works like a dream. Had to get a new battery bracket, the old one rusted out. When I put that in tomorrow, I will clean the car.

Comment

Yay, can't wait to see it on the road sound great, keep up the good work!
                      -Phil

sigpic

Comment

I bet your ready to finally get that thing on the road. Good luck with the rest of your build mang!

Comment

Thanks guys, but it seems that things keep breaking, this time something I've already replaced. The power mirror switch I believe. The driver's side mirror would not go left or right, everything else worked including the right side. When I took the door panel off, nothing works. So I am going to assume it's the switch right??

Comment

Assuming its not the wires and it doesnt have some sort of fuse that is blown (im not that experienced with power windows) then sounds like it is the switch, unless of course the replacement mirror broke, haha, was it used? What were you doing when it stopped working? Or did it one day just not work?
                            -Phil

sigpic

Comment

Assuming its not the wires and it doesnt have some sort of fuse that is blown (im not that experienced with power windows) then sounds like it is the switch, unless of course the replacement mirror broke, haha, was it used? What were you doing when it stopped working? Or did it one day just not work?
                              I checked all the fuses, none of them are blown, I haven't touched those wires at all. The driver's mirror just stopped going left and right. It went up and down, but not left and right, and the passnger side worked in every direction. Those mirrors have been on the car since it was built. When I took the door panel off, no direction would work, for either mirror. So I am going to say it's the switch.

Comment

Good news everyone!!! Traced the wires for the mirror and found that one had broken, weird huh? ANYWAY... I just got my tires for Vicky! And to commemorate the occasion, I gave Vicky a nice and well deserved bath.

Here's a pic of my new tires Aurora in stock size P215/70R15 :p they look good imo. The hubcaps that I received from 83LTDMan also are a whole lot better than the old hubcaps and are nice and shiny.

Ooh another wheel pic

And here's a clean Vicky

Comment

Working...
                                X