No announcement yet.

My Vicky

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What were the incrementals? '60/330/660? Good runs.......snow on the track, lol..........
    Rodney Tolleson, me at the track.....future drag box racer!

Comment

nice stuff! Don't expect to top those runs in the summer lol. What was the temp like?

85 4 door 351 Civi Crown Victoria - Summer daily driver, sleeper in the making, and wildly inappropriate autocross machine
      160KMs 600cfm holley, shorty headers, 2.5" catted exhaust, 255/295 tires, cop shocks, cop swaybars, underdrive pulley, 2.73L gears.
      waiting for install: 3.27's, Poly bushings, boxed rear arms, 2500 stall converter, ported e7's, etc

06 Mazda 3 hatch 2.3L 5AT (winter beater that cost more than my summer car)

Comment

Originally posted by johnunit View Post
        nice stuff! Don't expect to top those runs in the summer lol. What was the temp like?
        mid 40s.

Packman, Thursday...

Comment

Well, today was pretty uneventful, save for finally seeing what the computer is doing to the engine.
          The engine is running rich 10-11:1 through it's whole rpm range, it explains the weird shit that has plagued me... Quite surprising, as I had always thought it was lean. But the wideband don't lie. I also got a few dyno pulls in. Just for some baselines, before tuning, which didn't happen due to technical difficulties... I don't remember the RPMs, but the Max HP (for the last one pull) was 200.9rwhp, with 278.6ftlbs/tq.

Comment

mmmm sounds like better gas milage is coming along with power when you get the tune! that's always good news. What are you currently averaging?
            -Phil

sigpic

+1982 Ford LTD-S Police Car. Built 351w, Trickflow 11R 190 Heads, Holley Sniper EFI, RPM Intake+ Hyperspark dizzy, WR-AOD, Full exhaust headers to tails. 3.27 Trac-Lok Rear. Aluminum Police Driveshaft. Speedway Springs+Bilstein Shocks, Intermediate Brakes, HPP Steering Box.

+2003 Acura CL Type S 6-speed

Comment

hm, makes me wonder what my car is actually doing. I'd be interested to see what you get out of a tune, and possibly consider one myself. I have some other things I want to do with the motor first though.
              86 Lincoln Town Car (Galactica).
              5.0 HO, CompCams XE258,Scorpion 1.72 roller rockers, 3.55 K code rear, tow package, BHPerformance ported E7 heads, Tmoss Explorer intake, 65mm throttle body, Hedman 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" dual exhaust, ASP underdrive pulley

91 Lincoln Mark VII LSC grandpa spec white and cranberry

1984 Lincoln Continental TurboDiesel - rolls coal

Originally posted by phayzer5
              I drive a Lincoln. I can't be bothered to shift like the peasants and rabble rousers

Comment

Besides the tune its pretty awesome haveing a OBD1 code reader.. My best friend has one and he played with my car for an hour giving it cylinder balance tests and all that shit but the only codes that came up were all EGR related since I took it out... But anyway 200 not a bad number to start with just add another 100 and you'll be golden Haha

Comment

Well with some remote help, the computer is running off of the Quarterhorse. This Thursday will be tuning time.

Comment

Originally posted by 86VickyLX View Post
                    We the computer is running off of the Quarterhorse.
                    What exactly does this mean?
                    2020 Volvo XC90 T6 Momentum (Ice White / Blonde)
                    2022 Ram 1500 4x4 5.7 Etorque, Built to Serve Edition, (Granite Crystal / Black)
                    Past Panthers
                    1989 Grand Marquis LS (Cabernet/Grey), 1989 Lincoln Town Car SS (White/Blue), 2004 Mercury Grand Marquis Ultimate (White/Black)

Originally posted by Lincolnmania
                    if its got tits or tires it's bound to give you trouble

Comment

wouldnt happen to want to share the strategy for your car by chance? i have quaterhorse at the shop, but need a strategy for it.
                      89 townie, mild exhuast up grades, soon to have loud ass stereo....

Comment

Originally posted by tjc78 View Post
                        What exactly does this mean?
                        A Moates Quarterhorse is a tuner that allows you to change the programming of the computer. Its approximately similar to the twEECer.
                        86 Lincoln Town Car (Galactica).
                        5.0 HO, CompCams XE258,Scorpion 1.72 roller rockers, 3.55 K code rear, tow package, BHPerformance ported E7 heads, Tmoss Explorer intake, 65mm throttle body, Hedman 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" dual exhaust, ASP underdrive pulley

91 Lincoln Mark VII LSC grandpa spec white and cranberry

1984 Lincoln Continental TurboDiesel - rolls coal

Originally posted by phayzer5
                        I drive a Lincoln. I can't be bothered to shift like the peasants and rabble rousers

Comment

Thanks, I figured as much just never heard of it.
                          2020 Volvo XC90 T6 Momentum (Ice White / Blonde)
                          2022 Ram 1500 4x4 5.7 Etorque, Built to Serve Edition, (Granite Crystal / Black)
                          Past Panthers
                          1989 Grand Marquis LS (Cabernet/Grey), 1989 Lincoln Town Car SS (White/Blue), 2004 Mercury Grand Marquis Ultimate (White/Black)

Originally posted by Lincolnmania
                          if its got tits or tires it's bound to give you trouble

Comment

Originally posted by gadget73 View Post
                            A Moates Quarterhorse is a tuner that allows you to change the programming of the computer. Its approximately similar to the twEECer.
                            Yet cheaper, and can also datalog.
                            I might be able to get the tune for you, however, there's no guarantee it will work. I'll get the base file from the tuner tomorrow, and the finished product as well. Should be interesting...

Comment

Reprogrammed MAF voltage curve so it would perform properly. All I have to say is wow. It runs much better, and yet, the weird idling bs still remains. Keeping the car in open loop seems to eliminate that. However, looking at the readings of the O2s, it seems that for whatever reason, bank 2 just leans out way too much and doesn't move. Along with that, pulsewidth and duty cycle increase as well, in attempts to richen up that side. It's very strange, I can tell you that. This issue will be solved! I am determined to figure out WTF goes on with that car.

On a happy side note, the Engine now makes around 210hp, and 293ftlbs of torque. I have some crappy resolution videos, that I will upload when I get around to it. I also have some pictures, and some dyno graphs.

Comment

Sweet!

Comment

Working...
                                X