No announcement yet.

My Vicky

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Holy thread ressurection Batmang! I put a new passenger front door on the car. From an 88 Grand Marquis, got rid of the ugly trim those post facelift grand marqs have and swapped over my wing vent window! The car now has all new dew wipe material installed by me as well. Car got all new battery/charging cables due to a horrible voltage output at idle from the 3g. Which also turned my coolant into a battery and made my POS radiator spring a leak. That is now replaced with an oem replacement tank. Would've gotten another aluminum one, but I wasn't paying that much, nor did I have the time to wait to get it (being that the radiator got replaced yesterday, and scottfest being friday). As you've noticed as of late, I haven't been posting much here. And even less frequently do I post pictures of what I do to my cars. For those of you who are going to Scottfest 2014, you'll see the car. For those of you who aren't, check the threads...

Comment

Looking forward to see the car and hear whats up with you.
      ~David~

My 1987 Crown Victoria Coupe: The Brown Blob
      My 2004 Mercedes Benz E320:The Benz

Originally posted by ootdega
      My life is a long series of "nevermind" and "I guess not."

Originally posted by DerekTheGreat
      But, that's just coming from me, this site's biggest pessimist. Best of luck

Originally posted by gadget73
      my car starts and it has AC. Yours doesn't start and it has no AC. Seems obvious to me.

Comment

Any updates with le Cobra intake???

-ryan s.
        08 Lincoln Navigator L - 233k
        03 Mercury Marauder- 63k
        97 Ford Crown Victoria HPP "Tank of Justice III" (TOJ3) - 194k -->578.9 miles on ONE tank of gas<--
        94 BMW 325i Convertible - 135k
        73 VW Super Beetle "Bunky" <----- Wifey's
        12 Mini Cooper S - 90k <---- Wifey's
        Originally posted by pantera77
        Well my buddy tells him he knows exactly who loves buying shitboxes.

Comment

Last I heard from John is that his steering box took a dump and he is currently planning on the PI steering box swap. Once Ivan is back from vacation ye ol cobra intake job will commence.
          ~David~

my car starts and it has AC. Yours doesn't start and it has no AC. Seems obvious to me.

Comment

Yeah steering box pissing fluid everyhere when I turn. Gotta fill it every time I go to drive it. Huge discoloration in the driveway where it's been leaking. Box is coming from rockauto. Should be here wednesday hopefully. Or someone is going to die.

Comment

bottom seal failure, or line failure ? I thought you had replaced that box at some point ?
              86 Lincoln Town Car (Galactica).
              5.0 HO, CompCams XE258,Scorpion 1.72 roller rockers, 3.55 K code rear, tow package, BHPerformance ported E7 heads, Tmoss Explorer intake, 65mm throttle body, Hedman 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" dual exhaust, ASP underdrive pulley

91 Lincoln Mark VII LSC grandpa spec white and cranberry

1984 Lincoln Continental TurboDiesel - rolls coal

Originally posted by phayzer5
              I drive a Lincoln. I can't be bothered to shift like the peasants and rabble rousers

Comment

Originally posted by gadget73 View Post
                bottom seal failure, or line failure ? I thought you had replaced that box at some point ?
                Seal failure I think. The lines are dry. I never replaced the box. Wanted to before but I didn't.

Comment

So I did a little research today, since it's raining and woke up too late for junkyard run. The proper steering shaft pieces can be found from a 95-02 Panthers. F8AZ3B676AA that's the part number for the shaft, I guess it supercedes the previous part numbers? Granted I only need the one piece off of it for the new gear box, but can anyone confirm that for me before I go through the trouble of pulling a shaft from an older car (if I can't find any 98-02 panthers).

Comment

John this is the piece I put into my car.

~David~

Comment

this is the best source of data I know on this

basically there are 2 styles of input shaft for the steering box. One has one flat, which is what you have now. The other has 2 flats, which is what you need. Basically if you find one with 2 flats, you're golden.
                      86 Lincoln Town Car (Galactica).
                      5.0 HO, CompCams XE258,Scorpion 1.72 roller rockers, 3.55 K code rear, tow package, BHPerformance ported E7 heads, Tmoss Explorer intake, 65mm throttle body, Hedman 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" dual exhaust, ASP underdrive pulley

91 Lincoln Mark VII LSC grandpa spec white and cranberry

1984 Lincoln Continental TurboDiesel - rolls coal

Originally posted by phayzer5
                      I drive a Lincoln. I can't be bothered to shift like the peasants and rabble rousers

Comment

Thanks Thain! And thanks Dave. I was asking about different years as I'm not sure what's available to me in the yards, haven't been there since before sf and the inventory changes sometimes.

Comment

Some customer scrapped an early whale towny with a blown engine today. Got to snag the lower steering shaft! Success!!!!

Comment

I went to the yard on tuesday and got a box lower steering shaft, and swapped over the new coupler via a new rag joint. The steering box came in yesterday and I installed it today. As everything in this car it gave me stupid issues that were prolonging the finishing of the job (steering shaft not lining up, lines not threading in, hoses not coming off of the power steering cooler). But in the end, I got a very tight and responsive steering system. And a plus is that the steering wheel is still for the most part level. Thanks to all of you guys who helped me to get this project done!

Comment

Yay! I need to see pics of the lines in that mess of abs stuff.
                              ~David~

Comment

Originally posted by 87gtVIC View Post
                                Yay! I need to see pics of the lines in that mess of abs stuff.
                                You won't see it in pictures lol. The return line actually fit under the HCU without having to remove it, and the pressure line runs along side of it and loops back around. I should probably shorten it, but I just wanted the damn thing to work.

Comment

Working...
                                X