No announcement yet.

Jelybean's Ford Crown Victoria

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

i hope so, he is going to show me how to work on her and it will help save on cost.
    RIP DENNIS BARTLETT 1-13-2009

Comment

thats awesome. cant wait to see it getting worked on again.
      ~David~

My 1987 Crown Victoria Coupe: The Brown Blob
      My 2004 Mercedes Benz E320:The Benz

Originally posted by ootdega
      My life is a long series of "nevermind" and "I guess not."

Originally posted by DerekTheGreat
      But, that's just coming from me, this site's biggest pessimist. Best of luck

Originally posted by gadget73
      my car starts and it has AC. Yours doesn't start and it has no AC. Seems obvious to me.

Comment

more pics of Af getting worked on

Here is a majority of pictures so far of the work in progress. they are of the passenger door getting paint removed, dent pulled out, body filler getting smoothed out
        driver rear quarter panel getting dent repaired and driver door getting repaired. We ended up grinding down to bare metal, using a stud welding gun and attaching a slide hammer to the stud for using a constant pressure to use body hammer to bring metal back to shape. after that used body filler to smooth it out and cheese grated then 36 grit to smooth and then 80 grit and finally 180 to feather in to the existing paint to be ready for primer. will have to get primered pictures up, but if you look at past posts, you can see some of the dents like the passenger door and the primered straight door will show how it turned out...

pictures were taken with cell phone but will be using regular digicam for when big stuff gets done.
        Attached Files

Comment

Nice!!!! Wish I had the patience to do that. That car is gonna be hot when you finish it.

Packman

Comment

here are some more pictures... including primed passenger door and driver rear quarter panel. driver door was primed after dark, so you all will have to wait patiently to see pictures. out of all of the work we did, i would have to say the bodylines were the toughest to pull out and keep straight.
            Attached Files
            Addicted to 86-87 Panthers

Comment

Very nice. and a very messy job body work is!
              ~David~

my car starts and it has AC. Yours doesn't start and it has no AC. Seems obvious to me.

Comment

Wow! You guys are working hard!! Can't wait to see it done! Are you keeping the chrome trim on her Donna?

Comment

It's comin' along!
                  Pebbles-1968 Ford F250
                  Pile of Junk! An Electronics Project Site (To get wet by)<---Clicky! NEW STUFF!!!!

Comment

I enjoyed viewing all the pics in this thread...Keep up the good work!
                    '79 Continental Town Car
                    '90 Crown Victoria LTD
                    '94 Crown Victoria

Comment

nice to see you know how to do some body work I don't know jack about body work

1989 mercury grand marquis gs / 2014 ford focus s daily driver
                      302 lopo with ho upper/ aod with trans go shift kit
                      k code 3:55 posi rear/big brake swap tow package car

Comment

We are very lucky, I met a person that does body work and he is letting us work on the car at his shop, use all his tools and check our work as we are doing it.. He made me a list of stuff I needed for AF and I went out and got it.. Art is also going to come over and check out our garage and help us set it up so we can do the work for our home. I wish I had the time to work on her more with me working now I don't have the same timme that I wish I could put in her.

Comment

some time is better than no time. and thats great you have a bodywork friend to assist you.
                          ~David~

Comment

Originally posted by 87gtVIC View Post
                            some time is better than no time. and thats great you have a bodywork friend to assist you.
                            I'd have all the time in the world as long as the weather is nice, sadly I don't have a garage at all. But you're very lucky that you know someone that helps you in such a great extent, Donna. Are you putting the chrome trim back up or what? Are you going to leave it off or replace it with new/undinged trim?

Comment

I haven't got that far, I think I'm going to keep the trim on.. Here are more pics of work we have done.
                              Attached Files

Comment

good work! bodywork deffinately takes patience but the outcome can be very satisfying. this reminds me i still want a crown vic lol

Comment

Working...
                                X