Finally something new...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Finally something new...

for the car!!! Been redoing my house this summer, sucking up all my money. Now I can get back to the cars.

1987 Country Squire LX Wagon 5.0L: Daily Ride......1964 Lincoln Continental 430ci: Toy #1.
    1984 F-250 4x4 4.9L: Toy #2.............................1968 Volkswagen Bug 2.0L: Toy #3.
    1989 F-250 4x4 5.8L: Emergency backup and work truck...

Oooohhh, looks nice, mang! What's next on the docket?

2001 Ford Crown Victoria P71 - "The Fire Engine"
    1985 Lincoln Town Car Signature Series
    But God demonstrates his own love for us in this: While we were still sinners, Christ died for us. Romans 5:8

Comment

I like them a lot, but I think the steelies (with plain black tires) still look better, must be the way they're painted. Also, a dark window tint would look awesome on that car, say maybe 20%.
      88 Town Car (wrecked, for sale)
      Walker OEM duals with muffler deletes

Comment

Nice mang! What sizes and offsets?
        1990 Country Squire - weekend cruiser, next project
        1988 Crown Vic LTD Wagon - waiting in the wings

GMN Box Panther History
        Box Panther Horsepower and Torque Ratings
        Box Panther Production Numbers

Comment

Good lookin' wagon... Are those wider tires I see out back?
          -Matt
          1968 Fairlane 500 - 1998 Camaro Z/28

Comment

Very nice, looks good an all....but I prefer the steelie's. You wanna sell 'em? heh
            '89 Ford LTD Crown Vic - '92 Ford F-150 Custom -
            '95 Ford Bronco XL -

sigpic :rebel:

Comment

steelies be damned, those wheels look good!
              86 Lincoln Town Car (Galactica).
              5.0 HO, CompCams XE258,Scorpion 1.72 roller rockers, 3.55 K code rear, tow package, BHPerformance ported E7 heads, Tmoss Explorer intake, 65mm throttle body, Hedman 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" dual exhaust, ASP underdrive pulley

91 Lincoln Mark VII LSC grandpa spec white and cranberry

1984 Lincoln Continental TurboDiesel - rolls coal

Originally posted by phayzer5
              I drive a Lincoln. I can't be bothered to shift like the peasants and rabble rousers

Comment

15x7 rims with 235/60-15 on the front and 15x8 rims with 275/60-15 on the back. Offsets are -6 on the front and -19 on the back.

The back wheel wells are now filled properly, not like the stock wheels being these tiny little donuts sunk way in there, and I actually gained a little inside room on the front. Tires don't rub on the inside fender well at full steering lock like they did with the stock wheels.

I'm still at odds with the back tires though. That is alot of sidewall there. Was thinking maybe taking these back and getting the 295/50-15. It would match the front sidewalls better. But with the 275's I'd be getting just a tad better gas mileage. I dunno.

Up next is a front end rebuild. I've got a couple bad control arm bushings that need to be replaced so I can get a good front end alignment, and since it's all going to be apart, might as well replace all the bushings and ball joints, and new springs too that will lower the front end about 1-2 inches. It sits a little too high up front.

And eventually, I'll get the windows tinted. I want to redo the interior first, so that I don't scratch the tint taking out the panels. It'll either be 30% all the way around for Indiana specs, or 35% for the front windows and limo for the rest per Missouri specs. Or maybe I'll just do it before winter and take my chances.
                1987 Country Squire LX Wagon 5.0L: Daily Ride......1964 Lincoln Continental 430ci: Toy #1.
                1984 F-250 4x4 4.9L: Toy #2.............................1968 Volkswagen Bug 2.0L: Toy #3.
                1989 F-250 4x4 5.8L: Emergency backup and work truck...

Comment

Working...
                X