Nathan's 1985 Lincoln Town Car Signature Series

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Nathan's 1985 Lincoln Town Car Signature Series

Made one for teh CV, so now the Linc deserves one as well! Not near as many pix of this one, but here's what I do have.

Stats:
    Year-1985
    Engine-Bone stock CFI 302 (VERY tired)
    Miles-178,000 (IIRC)
    Gears-3.08:1 open
    Performance-What's that?

Still shines up pretty decent, don't she?

Digi dash...

Sorry about the camera shake on this one...and no, I don't know what that wire is that's hanging down below the dash, but I'm guessing it has something to do with the IDIOT who installed that aftermarket radio in there that barely works. Rear speakers ONLY--no door speakers (they've been removed ) and the dash speakers don't work. Still receives signals...sort of...if they're REAL strong.

For as common as the duct tape repair is for these arm rests, you'd think the Ford service manual said to do it that way!

Interior's nice, especially the backseat--looks like no one's ever sat in it!

What's left of the 302...that A/C still blew nice and cold until this spring.

The 351W shortblock and E7TE heads I purchased from Ted (Fordman75) for it last winter. Hopefully I'll build up an EFI 351 for it, but since I've discovered teh frame is so bad, I'm not even sure if I'm going to keep it. Gonna try to patch it, but I'm not feeling too optimistic.

More observant members will recognize the first of this pair to be one that I used for a signature for quite awhile. Took those last Thanksgiving. CV still looked decent at that time, and the Lincoln looked nice too even though it was dirty in that picture. My girls sure look nice together though, don't they?

Anywho, that's all for now. I fear, however, that this car may soon be nothing more than an R.I.P. in my sig.

2001 Ford Crown Victoria P71 - "The Fire Engine"
    1985 Lincoln Town Car Signature Series
    But God demonstrates his own love for us in this: While we were still sinners, Christ died for us. Romans 5:8

Oh you've got the darker grey seats that aren't real common. I like those. Most of the later ones were a much lighter color.

Where is the frame rotted, up front on the passenger side under the AC box or is like that whole rail gone or something ?
    86 Lincoln Town Car (Galactica).
    5.0 HO, CompCams XE258,Scorpion 1.72 roller rockers, 3.55 K code rear, tow package, BHPerformance ported E7 heads, Tmoss Explorer intake, 65mm throttle body, Hedman 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" dual exhaust, ASP underdrive pulley

91 Lincoln Mark VII LSC grandpa spec white and cranberry

1984 Lincoln Continental TurboDiesel - rolls coal

Originally posted by phayzer5
    I drive a Lincoln. I can't be bothered to shift like the peasants and rabble rousers

Comment

Yeah, driver's side also. Whole rail isn't gone yet, but the bottom of 'em are gone, especially on the pass. side, and most of one side of the pass. rail is gone, IIRC. Too bad I don't have any pix of that.

But God demonstrates his own love for us in this: While we were still sinners, Christ died for us. Romans 5:8

Comment

The front armrests match lol!

Comment

A little on the rust crusty side but still a nice car.

Comment

You need to ship a car in from New Mexico mang! Install your interior into the NM car + frame, and then do the engine. Usually cancer is much worse than it looks.
            1990 Country Squire - weekend cruiser, next project
            1988 Crown Vic LTD Wagon - waiting in the wings

GMN Box Panther History
            Box Panther Horsepower and Torque Ratings
            Box Panther Production Numbers

Comment

Hehe...you're probably right.

Comment

Body and interior look to be in good condition. Sounds like that car needs to be a canidate for an 03+ frame swap experiment.
                88 Town Car (wrecked, for sale)
                Walker OEM duals with muffler deletes

Comment

not too bad at all Nate.
                  needs some body repair, but not too bad at all!

for 178K, I would expect some rust.

I'm actually suprised that it doesnt have rust at the top corners of the windshield...like most Boxes.
                  sigpic
                  1989 Ford Crown Victoria

Comment

Wow seriously Rusty! Personally,I think I would scrap that,and start again with a nice Towny.Box TC's are a dime a dozen anyway.

Comment

i'd fix it.....i've seen worse

1986 lincoln towncar signature series. 5.0 HO with thumper performance ported e7 heads, 1.7 roller rockers, warm air intake, 65mm throttle body, 1/2" intake spacer, ported intakes, 3.73 rear with trac lock, 98-02 front brake conversion, 92-97 rear disc conversion, 1" rear swaybar, 1 3/16" front swaybar, 16" wheels and tires, loud ass stereo system, badass cb, best time to date 15.94 at 87 mph. lots of mods in the works 221.8 rwhp 278 rwt
                      2006 Lincoln Town Car Signature. Stock for now
                      1989 Ford F-250 4x4 much much more to come, sefi converted so far.
                      1986 Toyota pickup with LSC wheels and 225/60/16 tires.
                      2008 Hyundai Elantra future Revcon toad
                      1987 TriBurner and 1986 Alaska stokers keeping me warm. (and some pesky oil heat)

please be patient, rebuilding an empire!

Comment

Look for the O3 frame.....its perfect...you dont drive that one so you can take your time fixing her up.......I am SO sick of peaple trashing would be nice car's......you gotta keep this one....
                        YouTube. FaceBook Crown Vic Group

Comment

Originally posted by lincolnmania View Post
                          i'd fix it.....i've seen worse
                          You haven't seen the frame yet lol

Originally posted by Custom87
                          Wow seriously Rusty! Personally,I think I would scrap that,and start again with a nice Towny.Box TC's are a dime a dozen anyway.
                          You obviously don't live in the rust belt if you think that's "seriously rusty". Around here that's considered pretty clean for a car that old. lol

Comment

i fixed a grand marquis frame that was from wisconsin

1986 lincoln towncar signature series. 5.0 HO with thumper performance ported e7 heads, 1.7 roller rockers, warm air intake, 65mm throttle body, 1/2" intake spacer, ported intakes, 3.73 rear with trac lock, 98-02 front brake conversion, 92-97 rear disc conversion, 1" rear swaybar, 1 3/16" front swaybar, 16" wheels and tires, loud ass stereo system, badass cb, best time to date 15.94 at 87 mph. lots of mods in the works 221.8 rwhp 278 rwt
                            2006 Lincoln Town Car Signature. Stock for now
                            1989 Ford F-250 4x4 much much more to come, sefi converted so far.
                            1986 Toyota pickup with LSC wheels and 225/60/16 tires.
                            2008 Hyundai Elantra future Revcon toad
                            1987 TriBurner and 1986 Alaska stokers keeping me warm. (and some pesky oil heat)

please be patient, rebuilding an empire!

Comment

Hmmmm...'03+frame swap would be fun...aww shucks, it's just a pipe dream. I'll never be able to do that.

Comment

Working...
                              X