Before/After pics

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by 1987cp View Post
    Yeah, I've been thinking that too. I had these Avid S/Ts mounted with the OWL side in, but that was before I realized the blackwall side has this postmodern swoopy-patterened appearance. If I ever buy one of those home tire mounting machines I might switch them around, but I can't see paying 40 or 50 dollars to do it.

I like the modern sidewall on the Yokos. I thought about coloring the Yokohama script white. I think that'd look better than the bland RWL side.

That being said, I'm not a fan of white letters, so I never did it.

My Dad happens to have a Coats 20/20 pneumatic tire changer (1970's vintage). Bring your rims by Michael, I'd be more than happy to swap them over for ya. Its just a short ride, right...
    **2012 Ford Mustang Boss 302: 5.0/ 6 spd/ 3.73s, 20K Cruiser
    **2006 MGM,"Ultimate": 4.6/ 2.73/ Dark Tint, Magnaflows, 19s, 115K Daily Driver
    **2012 Harley Davidson Wide Glide (FXDWG):103/ Cobra Speedsters/ Cosmetics, 9K Poseur HD Rider
    **1976 Ford F-150 4WD: 360, 4 spd, 3.50s, factory A/C, 4" lift, Bilsteins, US Indy Mags, 35s Truck Duties

Comment

oooooooooh, if only we were bringing the wagon .................
      2012 Mazda5 Touring | Finally working on the LTD again!

Comment

oooooooooh, if only we were bringing the wagon .................
        Well, you haven't left yet...
        **2012 Ford Mustang Boss 302: 5.0/ 6 spd/ 3.73s, 20K Cruiser
        **2006 MGM,"Ultimate": 4.6/ 2.73/ Dark Tint, Magnaflows, 19s, 115K Daily Driver
        **2012 Harley Davidson Wide Glide (FXDWG):103/ Cobra Speedsters/ Cosmetics, 9K Poseur HD Rider
        **1976 Ford F-150 4WD: 360, 4 spd, 3.50s, factory A/C, 4" lift, Bilsteins, US Indy Mags, 35s Truck Duties

Comment

Man 87CP that wagon was originally a steel side? I never even thought they made CP's in steelsides. Nice.

You know I have to throw down on this. lol

2000 Mustang GT "Blondie", 2000 CVPI "Sargent Crusty"

Comment

Originally posted by zwack88 View Post
            Man 87CP that wagon was originally a steel side? I never even thought they made CP's in steelsides. Nice.
            Yep, far as I can tell. Woodgrain sides are cool, but this way there are fewer holes to fill and no huge vinyl stickers to fade and crack.

Dig that trio of before/during/after pics ... hopefully one day I'll be able to fix the rust and paint the whole thing!

Comment

wow Zwack, sure is a magnificent transformation.
              sigpic
              1989 Ford Crown Victoria

Comment

Originally posted by Mr. Land Yacht View Post
                not really.
                well..actually...there is a CVNer I know...but I havent talked to him in a while.
                You better get to installing those tires I gave you soon, or I'm taking them back for daily driver duty on the front of my truck :p

Comment

lol
                  yea, I'm gonna swap them on this month or early Dec.

I gotta talk to my uncle about painting the turbines...see how much he wants and hwo long it will take.
                  I prolly have no time before winter hits.
                  sigpic
                  1989 Ford Crown Victoria

Comment

Say Zwack, have you mentioned anywhere what the name of that deep red color is?

Comment

Originally posted by zwack88 View Post
                      Zack, I have a suggestion - what about painting the wheels body-color too? You leave the polished aluminum as is, but what's gray becomes toreador red, or whatever that color is called - dunno how hard that would be to accomplish, but you sure got some major talent so I bet you can pull it off.

Comment

Say Zwack, have you mentioned anywhere what the name of that deep red color is?
                        in the reader's rides thread, its toreador red if memory serves.
                        86 Lincoln Town Car (Galactica).
                        5.0 HO, CompCams XE258,Scorpion 1.72 roller rockers, 3.55 K code rear, tow package, BHPerformance ported E7 heads, Tmoss Explorer intake, 65mm throttle body, Hedman 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" dual exhaust, ASP underdrive pulley

91 Lincoln Mark VII LSC grandpa spec white and cranberry

1984 Lincoln Continental TurboDiesel - rolls coal

Originally posted by phayzer5
                        I drive a Lincoln. I can't be bothered to shift like the peasants and rabble rousers

Comment

Originally posted by 88Vic View Post
                          And if Marquisman is reading this, those a real wire wheels right? If so, what size are they?
                          Looks like stock Lincoln wires, 15x7 or 7.5 if I'm not mistaken.
                          86 Lincoln Town Car (Galactica).
                          5.0 HO, CompCams XE258,Scorpion 1.72 roller rockers, 3.55 K code rear, tow package, BHPerformance ported E7 heads, Tmoss Explorer intake, 65mm throttle body, Hedman 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" dual exhaust, ASP underdrive pulley

91 Lincoln Mark VII LSC grandpa spec white and cranberry

1984 Lincoln Continental TurboDiesel - rolls coal

Originally posted by phayzer5
                          I drive a Lincoln. I can't be bothered to shift like the peasants and rabble rousers

Comment

Thanks yeah it is toreador red. Red buillitts would be cool, I might have to attempt to photoshop it and see what it looks like.
                            2000 Mustang GT "Blondie", 2000 CVPI "Sargent Crusty"

Comment

hey, Zwack...what about red inside the wheel...in between the spokes?...
                              like this...
                              Attached Files
                              sigpic
                              1989 Ford Crown Victoria

Comment

Working...
                              X