X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Oh shit! is it for sale hehe
    -Phil

sigpic

+1982 Ford LTD-S Police Car. Built 351w, Trickflow 11R 190 Heads, Holley Sniper EFI, RPM Intake+ Hyperspark dizzy, WR-AOD, Full exhaust headers to tails. 3.27 Trac-Lok Rear. Aluminum Police Driveshaft. Speedway Springs+Bilstein Shocks, Intermediate Brakes, HPP Steering Box.

+2003 Acura CL Type S 6-speed

Comment

nice pics mang!
      theres a 79 s up at harrys in hazelton mang......the header panel is perfect and the grille and the ds lens is decent

1986 lincoln towncar signature series. 5.0 HO with thumper performance ported e7 heads, 1.7 roller rockers, warm air intake, 65mm throttle body, 1/2" intake spacer, ported intakes, 3.73 rear with trac lock, 98-02 front brake conversion, 92-97 rear disc conversion, 1" rear swaybar, 1 3/16" front swaybar, 16" wheels and tires, loud ass stereo system, badass cb, best time to date 15.94 at 87 mph. lots of mods in the works 221.8 rwhp 278 rwt
      2006 Lincoln Town Car Signature. Stock for now
      1989 Ford F-250 4x4 much much more to come, sefi converted so far.
      1986 Toyota pickup with LSC wheels and 225/60/16 tires.
      2008 Hyundai Elantra future Revcon toad
      1987 TriBurner and 1986 Alaska stokers keeping me warm. (and some pesky oil heat)

please be patient, rebuilding an empire!

Comment

Originally posted by Lincolnmania View Post
        nice pics mang!
        theres a 79 s up at harrys in hazelton mang......the header panel is perfect and the grille and the ds lens is decent
        Junkyard? C4 car?
        2012 Mazda5 Touring | Finally working on the LTD again!

Comment

the car i posted will be for sale as soon as they move... they wanna sell before moving... it needs some front fenders because of some rust there, but rest of it looks like paint fade
          Addicted to 86-87 Panthers

Comment

Phil you can do fenders HA!!!!

Comment

Yes! a two tone LTD-S would be awesome, even if the paints fading...too bad its not local and i dont have more room to store it....
              -Phil

sigpic

+1982 Ford LTD-S Police Car. Built 351w, Trickflow 11R 190 Heads, Holley Sniper EFI, RPM Intake+ Hyperspark dizzy, WR-AOD, Full exhaust headers to tails. 3.27 Trac-Lok Rear. Aluminum Police Driveshaft. Speedway Springs+Bilstein Shocks, Intermediate Brakes, HPP Steering Box.

Comment

big update! sorta!

Today I bought a set of GT40 heads for $200, off a 97 explorer with 75K miles. I've been cleaning them up and getting them ready. I'm going to replace the valve seals and lap the valves, they seem in good condition, I will be including some pictures in a bit. I also have a question about headers.

The guy who sold me the heads said if i bought the edelbrock intake off him he'd throw in a pair of mustang headers, I think these are stock ones from a mustang, I'm unsure, I'll include pictures. My question is will these bolt onto my existing exhaust system to give me a bit better flow?

Also With these new heads will my compression ratio differ from the current 8.3:1

Take a look at the pictures and if you see something amiss or if i need to do something else let me know.

Thanks!!
                -Phil

sigpic

Comment

Heres the pics! the heads have on them: F3ZE AA and have GT written all over them....

Let me know what you think of the headers

I plan on taking all the surface rust off and painting them as well

Attached Files
                  -Phil

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Brown_Muscle View Post
                    big update! sorta!

Today I bought a set of GT40 heads for $200, off a 97 explorer with 75K miles. I've been cleaning them up and getting them ready. I'm going to replace the valve seals and lap the valves, they seem in good condition, I will be including some pictures in a bit. I also have a question about headers.

The guy who sold me the heads said if i bought the edelbrock intake off him he'd throw in a pair of mustang headers, I think these are stock ones from a mustang, I'm unsure, I'll include pictures. My question is will these bolt onto my existing exhaust system to give me a bit better flow?

Also With these new heads will my compression ratio differ from the current 8.3:1

Take a look at the pictures and if you see something amiss or if i need to do something else let me know.

Thanks!!
                    I think you got a good deal, are there any broken intake bolts in them? The last 3 sets I had, there were broken bolts
                    sigpic
                    Current Rides
                    67 Cougar XR7
                    97 Mountaineer 5.0
                    03 Ranger XLT

Comment

nope no broken bolts in either of them. Yeah i'm hoping i got a good deal!

I plan on painting the Ford blue, the same as my valve covers.

I'm gonna try some myriatic acid(sp?) on them tmmrw to get rid of some of the rust, along with degreaser to get rid of the dirt!
                      -Phil

sigpic

Comment

I like those mid-length headers. If they're the same as what Duce has on his '85, they should fit OK. Not sure on whether they clear the stock shift linkage, though - he has a reverse-manual C4 that necessitated a ratchet shifter no matter what exhaust he ran.

Those F3ZEs are good heads, and they can supposedly make really serious power gains with some port work or even a performance valve job. With ~67cc chambers, detonation won't be a big concern either.
                        2012 Mazda5 Touring | Finally working on the LTD again!

Comment

hmmm, i guess I'll have to measure for myself to see if those headers will work...I hope they do! Im not reallly looking for ultimate performance just a little better go.

The guy also has 3.55 gears and the speedo gear, he said for 200 bux he'd throw them on for me, sounds like a pretty good deal, this guy has a ton of ford cars and parts and is a mechanic so i'm pretty sure he know what he's doing....
                          -Phil

sigpic

Comment

Broken?
                            1991 LTD P72 351 W Restored Century Police (Ongoing Project) Sergeant Vic.

It's a dog eat dog world and I'm wearing milk bone underwear.

Comment

Originally posted by watchdog View Post

Broken?
                              Looks like it is doesn't it? If it's not broken at the bolt hole or anything, he might be able to still use it, if not there's always a welder who can do it for the right price.

Comment

Its a 2 piece header, me thinks.

Those aren't stock Mustang headers.
                                Mid lengths will likely require modification. Too much work to tie into the stock exhaust as well. Toss the old exhaust out, and get new, custom bent.

What intake is it?
                                **2012 Ford Mustang Boss 302: 5.0/ 6 spd/ 3.73s, 20K Cruiser
                                **2006 MGM,"Ultimate": 4.6/ 2.73/ Dark Tint, Magnaflows, 19s, 115K Daily Driver
                                **2012 Harley Davidson Wide Glide (FXDWG):103/ Cobra Speedsters/ Cosmetics, 9K Poseur HD Rider
                                **1976 Ford F-150 4WD: 360, 4 spd, 3.50s, factory A/C, 4" lift, Bilsteins, US Indy Mags, 35s Truck Duties

Comment

Working...
                                X