No announcement yet.

1982 Ford LTD-S 351W Police Car

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I think this car would look UNREAL if you got some cragars for it with and turned your white letters out and took off the pushbar to drop the police car look. It would look more badass as a muscle car look
    79 Grand Marquis

Comment

i say keep it how it is. its a peice of history.

1981 Mercury Marquis Brougham 2-Door 302/ 5-speed -special blend (GMGT)
      1987 Lincoln Mark VII 5-speed (Errand runner)
      1989 Mercury Grand Marquis (Base Runner)
      2007 Lincoln Town Car Signature Limited (Hustlyn)
      2011 Ford Crown Victoria Police Interceptor (Down with O.P.P)

Comment

Thanks guys, the push bar may go if i ever get a good bumper and can't find a way to secure it...since its not original with the car. as far as the white lettering...idk how that would look actually, but i prefer keeping the police car look, and i agree it is a piece of history, it seems harder and harder to find police cars from the 80's on back.

i'm going a bit picture crazy today....heres some old school pictures before i got it.

Attached Files
        -Phil

sigpic

+1982 Ford LTD-S Police Car. Built 351w, Trickflow 11R 190 Heads, Holley Sniper EFI, RPM Intake+ Hyperspark dizzy, WR-AOD, Full exhaust headers to tails. 3.27 Trac-Lok Rear. Aluminum Police Driveshaft. Speedway Springs+Bilstein Shocks, Intermediate Brakes, HPP Steering Box.

+2003 Acura CL Type S 6-speed

Comment

I like pictures. Keep em coming!
          ~David~

My 1987 Crown Victoria Coupe: The Brown Blob
          My 2004 Mercedes Benz E320:The Benz

Originally posted by ootdega
          My life is a long series of "nevermind" and "I guess not."

Originally posted by DerekTheGreat
          But, that's just coming from me, this site's biggest pessimist. Best of luck

Originally posted by gadget73
          my car starts and it has AC. Yours doesn't start and it has no AC. Seems obvious to me.

Comment

I forgot how much I like this car.
            Interior stuff is looking good.

85 4 door 351 Civi Crown Victoria - Summer daily driver, sleeper in the making, and wildly inappropriate autocross machine
            160KMs 600cfm holley, shorty headers, 2.5" catted exhaust, 255/295 tires, cop shocks, cop swaybars, underdrive pulley, 2.73L gears.
            waiting for install: 3.27's, Poly bushings, boxed rear arms, 2500 stall converter, ported e7's, etc

06 Mazda 3 hatch 2.3L 5AT (winter beater that cost more than my summer car)

Comment

slightly more modern photo from scottfest

and not from SF

Attached Files
              Last edited by Brown_Muscle; 02-15-2011, 11:15 PM.
              -Phil

sigpic

+1982 Ford LTD-S Police Car. Built 351w, Trickflow 11R 190 Heads, Holley Sniper EFI, RPM Intake+ Hyperspark dizzy, WR-AOD, Full exhaust headers to tails. 3.27 Trac-Lok Rear. Aluminum Police Driveshaft. Speedway Springs+Bilstein Shocks, Intermediate Brakes, HPP Steering Box.

Comment

looks great phil I was wondering where those pics when of when you first got the car

1989 mercury grand marquis gs / 2014 ford focus s daily driver
                302 lopo with ho upper/ aod with trans go shift kit
                k code 3:55 posi rear/big brake swap tow package car

Comment

What kind of vinyl dye are you using, the SEM stuff or something else? I need to hit some of the parts of my interior too. Its got 3 or 4 different colors in there. Most is now from the 83 Mark VI, but the A pillar, C pillar, and the roof surround trim are all from different cars, none of which quite match each other or the 83 parts.
                  86 Lincoln Town Car (Galactica).
                  5.0 HO, CompCams XE258,Scorpion 1.72 roller rockers, 3.55 K code rear, tow package, BHPerformance ported E7 heads, Tmoss Explorer intake, 65mm throttle body, Hedman 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" dual exhaust, ASP underdrive pulley

91 Lincoln Mark VII LSC grandpa spec white and cranberry

1984 Lincoln Continental TurboDiesel - rolls coal

Originally posted by phayzer5
                  I drive a Lincoln. I can't be bothered to shift like the peasants and rabble rousers

Comment

Yup SEM, but it is not a dye, from what i gather it is a lacquer paint variant, there are multistep cleaners and adhesion promotors you have to use though. seems to be turning out well but i won't know until it fully cures, at least as far as durability goes.

I actually painted the dash brown with krylon fusion paint....stuffs SUPER durable, -also a lacquer thankfully, so i can paint over it (did the A-pillar today which was also coated with krylon and it turned out great.)

I have a paint sample chart for actual color comparison, however the grey should be easy to match...
                    -Phil

sigpic

Comment

UPDATE: I painted the dash and A-pillars with the SEM color coat. turned out far better than i expected. Unfortunately the Krylon fusion crap that i painted began to peel when i did a test area....looked at the ingredients and the #1 in the SEM color coat is acetone -_-. Luckily i did light coats (about 20, 3-4 minutes apart) and was able to get it to adhere properly. i then followed up with 2 heavier coats a few days later to give it it's proper sheen.

PICTURES!!!!
                      Attached Files
                      -Phil

sigpic

Comment

Looks nice, but your inspection is up.
                        86 Lincoln Town Car (Galactica).
                        5.0 HO, CompCams XE258,Scorpion 1.72 roller rockers, 3.55 K code rear, tow package, BHPerformance ported E7 heads, Tmoss Explorer intake, 65mm throttle body, Hedman 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" dual exhaust, ASP underdrive pulley

91 Lincoln Mark VII LSC grandpa spec white and cranberry

1984 Lincoln Continental TurboDiesel - rolls coal

Originally posted by phayzer5
                        I drive a Lincoln. I can't be bothered to shift like the peasants and rabble rousers

Comment

Originally posted by gadget73 View Post
                          Looks nice, but your inspection is up.
                          Thanks! To both! I don't drive it enough, it must have slipped by me...I'll go get her inspected tomorrow.

I need to find a way to cover up the speaker grille hole so they don't destroy it when they put a new sticker in....or i'll just take the dash out again.
                          Last edited by Brown_Muscle; 12-04-2011, 07:26 PM.
                          -Phil

sigpic

Comment

inspection? you dont need no stinkin' inspection! lol

looks good mang!

1981 Mercury Marquis Brougham 2-Door 302/ 5-speed -special blend (GMGT)
                            1987 Lincoln Mark VII 5-speed (Errand runner)
                            1989 Mercury Grand Marquis (Base Runner)
                            2007 Lincoln Town Car Signature Limited (Hustlyn)
                            2011 Ford Crown Victoria Police Interceptor (Down with O.P.P)

Comment

Tell them if they break it, they replace it. You are not responsible for their vandalism.

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former. -- Albert Einstein
                              rides: 93 Crown Vic LX (The Red Velvet Cake), 2000 Crown Vic base model (Sandy), 2003 Expedition (the vacation beast)
                              Originally posted by gadget73
                              ... and it should all work like magic and unicorns and stuff.
                              Originally posted by dmccaig
                              Overhead, some poor bastards are flying in airplanes.

Comment

meh... the DMV is full of assholes...they even have a sign outside inspection saying they are not responsible for items being stolen from your car while in inspection. basically if you leave something in your car they have a free ticket to steal it. I doubt anything short of a lawsuit-which i would most likely lose...would make them do anything. besides its not replaceable. not easily anyway. it was hard enough to find this one good one.
                                -Phil

sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X