No announcement yet.

1982 Ford LTD-S 351W Police Car

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hope its all sorted out so you can continue to have fun with it.

Cannot have ALL the fun solely with the Maverick.
    ~David~

My 1987 Crown Victoria Coupe: The Brown Blob
    My 2004 Mercedes Benz E320:The Benz

Originally posted by ootdega
    My life is a long series of "nevermind" and "I guess not."

Originally posted by DerekTheGreat
    But, that's just coming from me, this site's biggest pessimist. Best of luck

Originally posted by gadget73
    my car starts and it has AC. Yours doesn't start and it has no AC. Seems obvious to me.

Comment

Intermittent problems suck. You can change parts till you run out of money and still never really know whether its fixed or just hasn't decided to fuck up for whatever reason.
      86 Lincoln Town Car (Galactica).
      5.0 HO, CompCams XE258,Scorpion 1.72 roller rockers, 3.55 K code rear, tow package, BHPerformance ported E7 heads, Tmoss Explorer intake, 65mm throttle body, Hedman 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" dual exhaust, ASP underdrive pulley

91 Lincoln Mark VII LSC grandpa spec white and cranberry

1984 Lincoln Continental TurboDiesel - rolls coal

Originally posted by phayzer5
      I drive a Lincoln. I can't be bothered to shift like the peasants and rabble rousers

Comment

Originally posted by gadget73 View Post
        Intermittent problems suck. You can change parts till you run out of money and still never really know whether its fixed or just hasn't decided to fuck up for whatever reason.
        Haha this is the story of my life. I "fix" things but always wonder if it just hasn't been screwing with me for a while to save up some surprise.

Comment

Amen to that, there are only so many parts to this ignition system, and save for the wiring, and the distributor core itself, everything has been replaced!

Dave- You're right! The LTD is superior to the maverick in every way, save for power and fuel efficiency.

I plan on using the AFR gauge and wideband to tune the carb this week, hopefully squeeze out a few more MPG's if I'm lucky, and I can see if my choice of main jetting was optimal.
          -Phil

sigpic

+1982 Ford LTD-S Police Car. Built 351w, Trickflow 11R 190 Heads, Holley Sniper EFI, RPM Intake+ Hyperspark dizzy, WR-AOD, Full exhaust headers to tails. 3.27 Trac-Lok Rear. Aluminum Police Driveshaft. Speedway Springs+Bilstein Shocks, Intermediate Brakes, HPP Steering Box.

+2003 Acura CL Type S 6-speed

Comment

Well, my Airtex/Wells pickup appears to have been defective. Been driving the snot out of the LTD, and no hiccups. After a week and a half I would have had an issue. After 2+ years of issues...it's good to have it back, and such a simple fix!

I can now plan on making some additional modifications. It could use some more power for sure.
            -Phil

sigpic

+1982 Ford LTD-S Police Car. Built 351w, Trickflow 11R 190 Heads, Holley Sniper EFI, RPM Intake+ Hyperspark dizzy, WR-AOD, Full exhaust headers to tails. 3.27 Trac-Lok Rear. Aluminum Police Driveshaft. Speedway Springs+Bilstein Shocks, Intermediate Brakes, HPP Steering Box.

Comment

Awesome! While it doesn't make a ton more power, consistency is always nice.

Comment

Words! Nice to hear it's back on the road and I think this is great information for someone else who may encounter this problem in the future.
                1985 LTD Crown Victoria - SOLD
                1988 Town Car Signature - Current Party Barge

Comment

Having it start every time is a solid step 1 in making more power. Doesn't make any when it won't go.
                  5.0 HO, CompCams XE258,Scorpion 1.72 roller rockers, 3.55 K code rear, tow package, BHPerformance ported E7 heads, Tmoss Explorer intake, 65mm throttle body, Hedman 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" dual exhaust, ASP underdrive pulley

I drive a Lincoln. I can't be bothered to shift like the peasants and rabble rousers

Comment

True story. I love this car by the way. Looks tough as shit.

Comment

Thanks man!

Checked the tune today using a wideband:

The end results for both sides:
                      Idle: 15.0
                      Cruise 45-70: 15.5
                      Light acceleration: 13.5
                      WOT: 13

Pretty much ideal
                      Last edited by Brown_Muscle; 11-20-2016, 07:13 PM.
                      -Phil

sigpic

Comment

Nice job with that carpitator I'd say.
                        1985 LTD Crown Victoria - SOLD
                        1988 Town Car Signature - Current Party Barge

Comment

Thats what, a 2150 on there?

Comment

Thanks, yup you got it. One made from several to make it work with the TV rod
                            Last edited by Brown_Muscle; 11-21-2016, 08:09 PM.
                            -Phil

sigpic

Comment

Any details to share on your 2150 for AOD conversion? I've been looking for an AOD one and they don't exactly grow on trees.
                              1990 Country Squire - weekend cruiser, next project
                              1988 Crown Vic LTD Wagon - waiting in the wings

GMN Box Panther History
                              Box Panther Horsepower and Torque Ratings
                              Box Panther Production Numbers

Comment

You mean as far as a rod, or a cable setup goes? As far as I am aware, they made stock replacements for AOD cars, but that was with the VV's, i forget what year they switched to cables?

As far as I remember, the one with the ball for the rod attachment was made for an AOD TV setup with rod, however it was advertised as a larger venturi size than it was, so I got another 2150, and switch all the linkages and such to it.
                                Last edited by Brown_Muscle; 11-21-2016, 11:16 PM.
                                -Phil

sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X