Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Nice improvement.
    86 Lincoln Town Car (Galactica).
    5.0 HO, CompCams XE258,Scorpion 1.72 roller rockers, 3.55 K code rear, tow package, BHPerformance ported E7 heads, Tmoss Explorer intake, 65mm throttle body, Hedman 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" dual exhaust, ASP underdrive pulley

91 Lincoln Mark VII LSC grandpa spec white and cranberry

1984 Lincoln Continental TurboDiesel - rolls coal

Originally posted by phayzer5
    I drive a Lincoln. I can't be bothered to shift like the peasants and rabble rousers

Comment

Didn't realize I didn't type it, yes I used McGuires 21 sealant, I may apply a second coat tomorrow. I'm hoping it will last longer than any waxes, it's supposed to
      -Phil

sigpic

+1982 Ford LTD-S Police Car. Built 351w, Trickflow 11R 190 Heads, Holley Sniper EFI, RPM Intake+ Hyperspark dizzy, WR-AOD, Full exhaust headers to tails. 3.27 Trac-Lok Rear. Aluminum Police Driveshaft. Speedway Springs+Bilstein Shocks, Intermediate Brakes, HPP Steering Box.

+2003 Acura CL Type S 6-speed

Comment

LTD-Sexy

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former. -- Albert Einstein
        rides: 93 Crown Vic LX (The Red Velvet Cake), 2000 Crown Vic base model (Sandy), 2003 Expedition (the vacation beast)
        Originally posted by gadget73
        ... and it should all work like magic and unicorns and stuff.
        Originally posted by dmccaig
        Overhead, some poor bastards are flying in airplanes.

Comment

Looks beautiful man. That brown is sexy; I gotta do this to my wagon.

Comment

Whoa!!! Dramatic difference! That was well worth the effort.

Comment

Yeah, looks a lot better. Do your plastic lenses too, makes 'em look new again. I just waxed my barge and it made a nice improvement.
              1985 LTD Crown Victoria - SOLD
              1988 Town Car Signature - Current Party Barge

Comment

Thanks guys! I cant help but stop and stare when i go outside now. lol. I have NOS everything for it. I may wet sand and machine buff the car, if i make it look good enough i'll throw on the NOS stuff...but only if i can get a garage to store the car in.
                -Phil

sigpic

+1982 Ford LTD-S Police Car. Built 351w, Trickflow 11R 190 Heads, Holley Sniper EFI, RPM Intake+ Hyperspark dizzy, WR-AOD, Full exhaust headers to tails. 3.27 Trac-Lok Rear. Aluminum Police Driveshaft. Speedway Springs+Bilstein Shocks, Intermediate Brakes, HPP Steering Box.

Comment

Originally posted by Brown_Muscle View Post
                  Thanks guys! I cant help but stop and stare when i go outside now. lol. I have NOS everything for it. I may wet sand and machine buff the car, if i make it look good enough i'll throw on the NOS stuff...but only if i can get a garage to store the car in.
                  A garage is a must for projects like these. So much easier when you have a dry place to work inside of. If I had a functional garage, I would have kept my '53 F-250

Comment

Looks nice Phil. The way I remember seeing it last, years back.

Be careful if you decide to wetsand. Paint may be very thin already.
                    ~David~

My 1987 Crown Victoria Coupe: The Brown Blob
                    My 2004 Mercedes Benz E320:The Benz

Originally posted by ootdega
                    My life is a long series of "nevermind" and "I guess not."

Originally posted by DerekTheGreat
                    But, that's just coming from me, this site's biggest pessimist. Best of luck

my car starts and it has AC. Yours doesn't start and it has no AC. Seems obvious to me.

Comment

After installing an OEM pickup out of a 351 box this summer I thought I had solved my ignition problem....WRONG.

It's been about 5 years with this issue on and off. I ran out of patience and found a solution. I ripped the entire Duraspark system out, and installed a PerTronix ignitor II in the dizzy and paired it with a flamethrower coil as well. All new wires, the best terminals i could find, marine grade shrink wrap and solder.

It works! Now I hope it will be reliable. I was amazed at how small the "system" was. The module and pickup are smaller than the original magnetic pickup in the distributor, and technically it required that I only run one power wire.

Click image for larger version

Name:	32390632_10160470058590392_6852911124413677568_n.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	159.7 KB
ID:	1284020Click image for larger version

Name:	32372174_10160470058785392_5564230634202726400_n.jpg
Size:	155.1 KB
ID:	1284021Click image for larger version

Name:	32349765_10160470066610392_6204368588816515072_n.jpg
Size:	111.8 KB
ID:	1284022Click image for larger version

Name:	32332515_10160468901055392_2554867493663408128_n.jpg
Size:	195.9 KB
ID:	1284023
                      -Phil

sigpic

Comment

I still wonder if the problem isn't somewhere between the ignition switch and the coil. If there is a flukey connection somewhere in there its not going to change.
                        5.0 HO, CompCams XE258,Scorpion 1.72 roller rockers, 3.55 K code rear, tow package, BHPerformance ported E7 heads, Tmoss Explorer intake, 65mm throttle body, Hedman 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" dual exhaust, ASP underdrive pulley

I drive a Lincoln. I can't be bothered to shift like the peasants and rabble rousers

Comment

The ignition switch was replaced, to no effect, and the wire going to it, the coil, and the new "module" is now new...so that should be inconsequential at this point. There is the power wire that feeds the ignition switch, but if i lost power to that, none of the warning lights would function at the time i lost ignition. The wire I was most suspicious of was the resistance wire, because it experienced so many heat cycles in its life, but it could have been any of the half dozen connectors i eliminated in that system, or the many many wires that are now gone
                          Last edited by Brown_Muscle; 05-13-2018, 09:44 PM.
                          -Phil

sigpic

Comment

right, thats my point, there would be however many connections between the ignition switch and the coil, any of them could have been it. If that was all still present, it may still give you issues.

Comment

The LTD got some more love! Drove her 350 miles to upstate NY for my vacation. I buffed her with a rotary buffer and sealed the paint. I also redid most of my scary wiring jobs that had been performed when i first got the car a decade ago.

Name:	IMG_4945.jpeg
Size:	4.13 MB
ID:	1284222 Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_4984.jpg
Size:	71.4 KB
ID:	1284223
                              Fresh rear shocks replaced the ancient monroes, and she rides a lot better.

Name:	IMG_4901.jpeg
Size:	2.71 MB
ID:	1284218

Installed an extendable underhood light from a ford truck, with an 82 part number to boot!

Name:	IMG_4962.jpeg
Size:	2.19 MB
ID:	1284219

New rear 5 way Kenwood speakers to replace my blown $10 yard sale Kraco's

Name:	IMG_4997.jpeg
Size:	2.29 MB
ID:	1284220

I also tuned the carb further. She got a different power valve and I upped the main jets from #57 to #59. I cruise around at a good average of 14.1 (reads 14.7:1 on my wideband due to an internal adjustment). It also doesnt go overly rich at the slightest press of the throttle. I averaged 18.8 mpg on the way home with the 350 mile trip, going about 73. I am quite pleased at this.

Oh I also installed my original air cleaner, minus the horn, and plus a polishing. i think it looks better than the cheap $30 pepboys chrome special

Name:	IMG_5084-1.jpeg
Size:	2.94 MB
ID:	1284221
                              Last edited by Brown_Muscle; 06-29-2018, 05:30 PM.
                              -Phil

sigpic

Comment

Those truck underhood lights are sweet. Extend pretty damn far and have a magnet on its base. If i ever use the thing I am extra cautious while retracting it, don't want anything to accidentally get bound up on me.
                                ~David~

My 1987 Crown Victoria Coupe: The Brown Blob
                                My 2004 Mercedes Benz E320:The Benz

Originally posted by ootdega
                                My life is a long series of "nevermind" and "I guess not."

Originally posted by DerekTheGreat
                                But, that's just coming from me, this site's biggest pessimist. Best of luck

my car starts and it has AC. Yours doesn't start and it has no AC. Seems obvious to me.

Comment

Working...
                                X