X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Nice car man. Welcome!
    2000 Mustang GT "Blondie", 2000 CVPI "Sargent Crusty"

Comment

Even if you do want 2.25", you can still use the 2.5" Impy tail pipes. Isn't gonna make much difference at that point in the system, and it's easier than trying to adapt stuff that isn't really a direct fit.

2001 Ford Crown Victoria P71 - "The Fire Engine"
      1985 Lincoln Town Car Signature Series
      But God demonstrates his own love for us in this: While we were still sinners, Christ died for us. Romans 5:8

Comment

Originally posted by 1987cp View Post
        Try under $100, not counting shipping and junk. Kink-bent replacement 2" stuff can actually be more expensive (sometimes a lot more expensive). Mandrel bent tails from Walker/Dynomax for either '94-'96 Impalas or 5.0 Mustangs all run around $40 each. If 2.5" is good for you, get Impala pipes; if you must have 2.25", Mustang pipes can be had that can be made to work. Some folks will claim Mustang pipes won't work ... I do have 2.5" Mustang tails on my '87 wagon, but from what I've learned since joining here, I really would have been better served in that diameter to get the Impala bits.
        I was talking custom bent tails there. I'm figuring thats what the shop where I had mine done would charge. I personally would go with the Impala tails.

I have bought stock "kink bent" replacements for my car for $16.
        **2012 Ford Mustang Boss 302: 5.0/ 6 spd/ 3.73s, 20K Cruiser
        **2006 MGM,"Ultimate": 4.6/ 2.73/ Dark Tint, Magnaflows, 19s, 115K Daily Driver
        **2012 Harley Davidson Wide Glide (FXDWG):103/ Cobra Speedsters/ Cosmetics, 9K Poseur HD Rider
        **1976 Ford F-150 4WD: 360, 4 spd, 3.50s, factory A/C, 4" lift, Bilsteins, US Indy Mags, 35s Truck Duties

Comment

Originally posted by Brown_Muscle View Post
          ok thanks for the advice i'll check out the impala pipes. It can't be open I floored it from a dead stop in some loose gravel, moved about 2 feet, the ground was evenly dug up on both sides from both wheels. Unless i'm think of something different from you and sound like an idiot now it definitly has some sort of posi rear, I'll check out the diff tommorow, could be the code is different the sticker says it was "Made in Canada" and labels on this car have been wrong.
          Then check on the rear itself. It may have been changed for some reason.
          They're all made in Canada, that's just the sticker from the factory, it doesn't necessarily mean that that is what the car has now.
          Car has been changed around since the time it rolled out of the factory.
          Last edited by 86VickyLX; 01-29-2008, 09:43 PM.

Comment

hmmm, ill have to look around im glad i will be able to find some pipes for that cheap. I just looked under the car, lol im impatient, and heres wat it says: (some is rusted so i cant tell) from the top: ...-C 2e12 then on the bottom 73 95 v15.5A, I have pics of it if you want...let me know what you think.
            -Phil

sigpic

+1982 Ford LTD-S Police Car. Built 351w, Trickflow 11R 190 Heads, Holley Sniper EFI, RPM Intake+ Hyperspark dizzy, WR-AOD, Full exhaust headers to tails. 3.27 Trac-Lok Rear. Aluminum Police Driveshaft. Speedway Springs+Bilstein Shocks, Intermediate Brakes, HPP Steering Box.

+2003 Acura CL Type S 6-speed

Comment

On the wet ground, at night, in the cold. Tsk tsk tsk :lol: :p
              I'm the same way.

Comment

hmmm, ill have to look around im glad i will be able to find some pipes for that cheap. I just looked under the car, lol im impatient, and heres wat it says: (some is rusted so i cant tell) from the top: ...-C 2e12 then on the bottom 73 95 v15.5A, I have pics of it if you want...let me know what you think.
                If you want to know for sure... power brake it and see if it leaves two rubber marks. That'll give you your answer.
                **2012 Ford Mustang Boss 302: 5.0/ 6 spd/ 3.73s, 20K Cruiser
                **2006 MGM,"Ultimate": 4.6/ 2.73/ Dark Tint, Magnaflows, 19s, 115K Daily Driver
                **2012 Harley Davidson Wide Glide (FXDWG):103/ Cobra Speedsters/ Cosmetics, 9K Poseur HD Rider
                **1976 Ford F-150 4WD: 360, 4 spd, 3.50s, factory A/C, 4" lift, Bilsteins, US Indy Mags, 35s Truck Duties

Comment

Forgot to mention, as for checking to see for sure whether it's a limited slip or not:

Jack up the rear end of the car (make sure to chock the front wheels first!!) and see if you can turn one wheel by hand and have the other turn the opposite direction. If they'll counter rotate, you either have an open rear end, or a very used up limited slip.

EDIT: The other Nate's (P72Ford) answer sounds like a lot more fun!

But God demonstrates his own love for us in this: While we were still sinners, Christ died for us. Romans 5:8

Comment

Originally posted by P72Ford View Post
                    If you want to know for sure... power brake it and see if it leaves two rubber marks. That'll give you your answer.
                    ... and possibly a nice fat ticket, depending on where you live! :p
                    2012 Mazda5 Touring | Finally working on the LTD again!

Comment

haha deffinitly. sorry for all the noob questions guys but as far as the tailpipes go wont i need a lift to drop the rear axels down far enough to get the old tailpipes outta there and get the new ones in? I tried once and could'nt get them out, wasn't enough clearence, or is there some trick im missing out on?
                      -Phil

sigpic

+1982 Ford LTD-S Police Car. Built 351w, Trickflow 11R 190 Heads, Holley Sniper EFI, RPM Intake+ Hyperspark dizzy, WR-AOD, Full exhaust headers to tails. 3.27 Trac-Lok Rear. Aluminum Police Driveshaft. Speedway Springs+Bilstein Shocks, Intermediate Brakes, HPP Steering Box.

Comment

hmmm, ill have to look around im glad i will be able to find some pipes for that cheap.
                        Aye, matey. Summitracing.com is your friend, and in some cases we can provide specific part numbers to order.
                        2012 Mazda5 Touring | Finally working on the LTD again!

Comment

Shouldn't need a lift, though if you can jack the car up and hold it up with jack stands under the frame, that'll allow the rear axle to get further down than it would at ride height. I can't remember having any issues installing my 2" tailpipes, just gotta sorta finagle 'em in there, I guess. Keep working at it and I'm sure you'll figure it out.

Comment

Ok i can't thank you guys enough for the information! I've got a lot to work with now, Nathan your "formula" for the exhaust system is great I'll definitly use it when i redo the rest of the exhaust system. My one current tail pipe has multiple holes in it which are being sealed with aluminum foil and duct tape (works really well!!) I can't wait for spring and the warmer weather to get painting, touching up and of course nice new green leaves on the trees
                            -Phil

sigpic

Comment

Too bad you didn't sign up for the Autoshop here in HT like Brian and Greg, you would have access to a lift, and some decent tools too.

Comment

Nathan your "formula" for the exhaust system is great I'll definitly use it when i redo the rest of the exhaust system.
                                Thanks, though I really can't take credit for it. Scott (lincolnmania) is the one who told me about it originally, and it seems to me as if someone else came up with it before him, but don't quote me on that.

Comment

Working...
                                X