No announcement yet.

1982 Ford LTD-S 351W Police Car

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ok I took the initiative of taking one tailpipe off the car today, it was tough work, as most exhaust work is, but with a little help and a hacksaw, hahaha (the one adapter was so badly bent in the muffler due to the clamp i had to hacksaw it and get the adapters out inside the house). I'm going to order some 2.5" impala tailpipes from summitracing tonight, hopefully they'll come by this saturday. I'll take the other tailpipe off tomorow. Hopefully all I'll have to worry about is weather I want the exhaust tips to come out the back or the sides. Wish me luck!
    -Phil

sigpic

+1982 Ford LTD-S Police Car. Built 351w, Trickflow 11R 190 Heads, Holley Sniper EFI, RPM Intake+ Hyperspark dizzy, WR-AOD, Full exhaust headers to tails. 3.27 Trac-Lok Rear. Aluminum Police Driveshaft. Speedway Springs+Bilstein Shocks, Intermediate Brakes, HPP Steering Box.

+2003 Acura CL Type S 6-speed

Comment

Cool! Glad you got the tailpipe removal figured out.

2001 Ford Crown Victoria P71 - "The Fire Engine"
      1985 Lincoln Town Car Signature Series
      But God demonstrates his own love for us in this: While we were still sinners, Christ died for us. Romans 5:8

Comment

Yep, excellent. Are you also upgrading to 2.5" mufflers?
        2012 Mazda5 Touring | Finally working on the LTD again!

Comment

That was already done in the fall, using lots and lots of adapters haha, I have 2 flowmaster 40 series (the original) mufflers that I'll use, they are 2.5" in and out. I don't mind the "drone" that most people complain about, I actually like it because its more of a weekend car, besides better flow (the old pipes are so kinked its disgusting must be the equivaliant of a 1.25" pipe) I hope Ill get a little better sound, maybe even a little louder, but im not looking for miracles, eventually ill upgrade the whole exhuast but for now this will satisfy me
          -Phil

sigpic

+1982 Ford LTD-S Police Car. Built 351w, Trickflow 11R 190 Heads, Holley Sniper EFI, RPM Intake+ Hyperspark dizzy, WR-AOD, Full exhaust headers to tails. 3.27 Trac-Lok Rear. Aluminum Police Driveshaft. Speedway Springs+Bilstein Shocks, Intermediate Brakes, HPP Steering Box.

Comment

It'll will be a whole lot better than the stock exhaust. Should take pics of the work.

Comment

I take pics of everything haha they just usually go up on facebook, in this case my friend lent me a hand so he took some pics.

HAHA i just learned how to insert pictures so im going crazy here. I got lots more if you want them

Attached Files
              Last edited by gadget73; 01-31-2008, 12:44 AM.
              -Phil

sigpic

Comment

Hey, if you're on Facebook, search for Nathan Williams...I'll be the one with the picture of an old truck for my profile pic.

But God demonstrates his own love for us in this: While we were still sinners, Christ died for us. Romans 5:8

Comment

I have a facebook account too. search for John Sexton. The picture is of my car so you'll be able to find me.

Comment

Originally posted by Brown_Muscle
                    ok i befriended you, I hope you ment the one with the really old truck haha,
                    That's me!

Comment

Originally posted by Nathan in MN View Post
                      Hey, if you're on Facebook, search for Nathan Williams...I'll be the one with the picture of an old truck for my profile pic.
                      the one with the for sale sign

Comment

ok i added both of you haha.
                        -Phil

sigpic

Comment

Cool. Sorry about hijacking your thread--if you want the Facebook-related posts deleted, just PM one of the admins and they'll clean it up for you. I should have just gone directly to PMs.

Comment

Originally posted by Brown_Muscle View Post
                            ok i added both of you haha.
                            Thanks mang. The LTD is really clean.

Comment

did someone say HACKSAW? :hacksaw:
                              1983 Grand Marquis 2Dr Sedan "Mercules"
                              Tremec TKO conversion, hydraulic clutch, HURST equipped!

Comment

Phil and John, I sent yall friend requests on facebook too. I'm Daniel in case you didn't know.
                                88 Town Car (wrecked, for sale)
                                Walker OEM duals with muffler deletes

Comment

Working...
                                X