No announcement yet.

1982 Ford LTD-S 351W Police Car

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It's actually spaced like that on purpose so the paint didnt "gap" the line. None of the panels have been through final alignment (that's my job). I got it VERY tight and straight before it got taken apart with a bunch of slotting, shimming, and trimming edges.

David how long did you wait? It'll be at least 2 weeks after paint before i can get up there to touch it
    -Phil

sigpic

+1982 Ford LTD-S Police Car. Built 351w, Trickflow 11R 190 Heads, Holley Sniper EFI, RPM Intake+ Hyperspark dizzy, WR-AOD, Full exhaust headers to tails. 3.27 Trac-Lok Rear. Aluminum Police Driveshaft. Speedway Springs+Bilstein Shocks, Intermediate Brakes, HPP Steering Box.

+2003 Acura CL Type S 6-speed

Comment

I had to put mirrors on the next day to get the car back home from the paint shop. Id say you should be a okay given your timeline.
      ~David~

My 1987 Crown Victoria Coupe: The Brown Blob
      My 2004 Mercedes Benz E320:The Benz

Originally posted by ootdega
      My life is a long series of "nevermind" and "I guess not."

Originally posted by DerekTheGreat
      But, that's just coming from me, this site's biggest pessimist. Best of luck

Originally posted by gadget73
      my car starts and it has AC. Yours doesn't start and it has no AC. Seems obvious to me.

Comment

Looking good. Two weeks should be fine. Won't hurt to let it sit in the sun for a day or so if your painter says it's okay. Curing too slow is hard to do within reason. Too fast is possible though, and then you get all these solvent bubbles stuck under the clear.
        1990 Country Squire - weekend cruiser, next project
        1988 Crown Vic LTD Wagon - waiting in the wings

GMN Box Panther History
        Box Panther Horsepower and Torque Ratings
        Box Panther Production Numbers

Comment

That paint looks sweet.

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former. -- Albert Einstein
          rides: 93 Crown Vic LX (The Red Velvet Cake), 2000 Crown Vic base model (Sandy), 2003 Expedition (the vacation beast)
          Originally posted by gadget73
          ... and it should all work like magic and unicorns and stuff.
          Originally posted by dmccaig
          Overhead, some poor bastards are flying in airplanes.

Comment

Looks good. John showed me some video of that being shot when I saw him yesterday
            86 Lincoln Town Car (Galactica).
            5.0 HO, CompCams XE258,Scorpion 1.72 roller rockers, 3.55 K code rear, tow package, BHPerformance ported E7 heads, Tmoss Explorer intake, 65mm throttle body, Hedman 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" dual exhaust, ASP underdrive pulley

91 Lincoln Mark VII LSC grandpa spec white and cranberry

1984 Lincoln Continental TurboDiesel - rolls coal

Originally posted by phayzer5
            I drive a Lincoln. I can't be bothered to shift like the peasants and rabble rousers

Comment

Thanks all! Once I get all the NOS goodies on I’ll take some glamour shots.

that’s good to know Dave.

He actually put it out in the sun the day after shooting it.

BTW this is Logan aka bobcat on here. He has a shop in CT. Highly recommend him! Tanasi Built
              -Phil

sigpic

+1982 Ford LTD-S Police Car. Built 351w, Trickflow 11R 190 Heads, Holley Sniper EFI, RPM Intake+ Hyperspark dizzy, WR-AOD, Full exhaust headers to tails. 3.27 Trac-Lok Rear. Aluminum Police Driveshaft. Speedway Springs+Bilstein Shocks, Intermediate Brakes, HPP Steering Box.

Comment

Comment

You should not wash it for at least 2-3 weeks in warm weather. 4 weeks in cold weather. Absolutely no car washes !

Comment

Originally posted by Mainemantom View Post
                    You should not wash it for at least 2-3 weeks in warm weather. 4 weeks in cold weather. Absolutely no car washes !
                    Oh yeah I read about this! And no waxing/sealing for 2 months (according to the clear coat manufacturer)
                    -Phil

sigpic

Comment

Working...
                    X