1982 Ford LTD-S 351W Police Car

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by gadget73 View Post
    Hey man if you're not doing anything Saturday, there's a breakfast meet in Bensalem, PA. Mostly Lincoln guys but you're welcome since you got a Ford. If you wanna show up, PM me and I'll give you the address and stuff.
    Ahhh, darn I really want to but I gotta put my mufflers and tail pipes back on (my parents wouldn't let me drive my car around with an open exhaust) hahaha. Bensalem...Thats only about 40 minutes from me too, let me know when theres another one and I'll be sure to come, thanks for the invite though...
    -Phil

sigpic

+1982 Ford LTD-S Police Car. Built 351w, Trickflow 11R 190 Heads, Holley Sniper EFI, RPM Intake+ Hyperspark dizzy, WR-AOD, Full exhaust headers to tails. 3.27 Trac-Lok Rear. Aluminum Police Driveshaft. Speedway Springs+Bilstein Shocks, Intermediate Brakes, HPP Steering Box.

+2003 Acura CL Type S 6-speed

Comment

My parents didn't want me to drive the Vic when I took off the muffler and last two cats, so i'd push the car down the street and start it up far enough away so they wouldn't hear it.

But why did you remove the mufflers? I thought you were only putting on new tailpipes?
      88 Town Car (wrecked, for sale)
      Walker OEM duals with muffler deletes

Comment

Originally posted by Brown_Muscle View Post
        Ahhh, darn I really want to but I gotta put my mufflers and tail pipes back on (my parents wouldn't let me drive my car around with an open exhaust) hahaha. Bensalem...Thats only about 40 minutes from me too, let me know when theres another one and I'll be sure to come, thanks for the invite though...
        no prob. Running no exhaust is fun. I used to drive my Beetle with an open header all the time, the mufflers kept falling off. It ran with messed up exhaust more than it was together. Kind of annoying at 3 am when you're out screwing around, tends to attract unwanted attention from the cops. Used to clutch in and coast by them lol.
        86 Lincoln Town Car (Galactica).
        5.0 HO, CompCams XE258,Scorpion 1.72 roller rockers, 3.55 K code rear, tow package, BHPerformance ported E7 heads, Tmoss Explorer intake, 65mm throttle body, Hedman 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" dual exhaust, ASP underdrive pulley

91 Lincoln Mark VII LSC grandpa spec white and cranberry

1984 Lincoln Continental TurboDiesel - rolls coal

Originally posted by phayzer5
        I drive a Lincoln. I can't be bothered to shift like the peasants and rabble rousers

Comment

Originally posted by 88Vic View Post
          My parents didn't want me to drive the Vic when I took off the muffler and last two cats, so i'd push the car down the street and start it up far enough away so they wouldn't hear it.

But why did you remove the mufflers? I thought you were only putting on new tailpipes?
          hahah, nice, It just worked out that it was easier to take them off, the one wasnt clamped on very well and just slid out when i pulled it, and the other i didnt have enough clearence to just pull the tailpipe out so i ended up taking it off, but couldnt get the tailpipe out anyway, hence the hacksaw haha. :hacksaw:

Yeah I'd love to drive it with no mufflers haha. Oh, I'm going to start a poll about what kind of tips i should have either long straight ones out the back like the POTM has, or ones like my originals.
          -Phil

sigpic

+1982 Ford LTD-S Police Car. Built 351w, Trickflow 11R 190 Heads, Holley Sniper EFI, RPM Intake+ Hyperspark dizzy, WR-AOD, Full exhaust headers to tails. 3.27 Trac-Lok Rear. Aluminum Police Driveshaft. Speedway Springs+Bilstein Shocks, Intermediate Brakes, HPP Steering Box.

Comment

should hear my wagon, its damn loud with just the mustang H-pipe. my buddy can hear it perfectly in his house and hes just down from me.

1981 Mercury Marquis Brougham 2-Door 302/ 5-speed -special blend (GMGT)
            1987 Lincoln Mark VII 5-speed (Errand runner)
            1989 Mercury Grand Marquis (Base Runner)
            2007 Lincoln Town Car Signature Limited (Hustlyn)
            2011 Ford Crown Victoria Police Interceptor (Down with O.P.P)

Comment

PLEASE GIVE YOUR VOTE ON MY POLE THANK YOU!
              -Phil

sigpic

Comment

Trans am splitter tips. I may be doing that when I redo my exhaust this summer.
                **2012 Ford Mustang Boss 302: 5.0/ 6 spd/ 3.73s, 20K Cruiser
                **2006 MGM,"Ultimate": 4.6/ 2.73/ Dark Tint, Magnaflows, 19s, 115K Daily Driver
                **2012 Harley Davidson Wide Glide (FXDWG):103/ Cobra Speedsters/ Cosmetics, 9K Poseur HD Rider
                **1976 Ford F-150 4WD: 360, 4 spd, 3.50s, factory A/C, 4" lift, Bilsteins, US Indy Mags, 35s Truck Duties

Comment

i like it but not to crazy over the push bar

Comment

Originally posted by Brown_Muscle View Post
                    PLEASE GIVE YOUR VOTE ON MY POLE THANK YOU!
                    You might be a local, but I ain't voting on your pole. Its not that kind of site you know.
                    5.0 HO, CompCams XE258,Scorpion 1.72 roller rockers, 3.55 K code rear, tow package, BHPerformance ported E7 heads, Tmoss Explorer intake, 65mm throttle body, Hedman 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" dual exhaust, ASP underdrive pulley

I drive a Lincoln. I can't be bothered to shift like the peasants and rabble rousers

Comment

don't worry your not getting near my pole
                      -Phil

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by gadget73 View Post
                        You might be a local, but I ain't voting on your pole. Its not that kind of site you know.
                        No silly, he has a Polish guy he wants your opinion on.
                        2012 Mazda5 Touring | Finally working on the LTD again!

Comment

Hahaha now that youve corrected my english, i will ask you to vote on my poll hahaha
                          -Phil

sigpic

Comment

A brown on tan '82..... hmmm looks familiar!

Welcome mang!

Originally I didn't think they made any S models in 1982, they don't mention them in the broshures. That was until two weeks ago when I stubled on one in a junkyard. So now I have to edit the Official Box History (see sticky in 5.0/5.8 Forum).

I haven't seen many early police cars, in fact I think yours is the first that hasn't been beat to heck. Most were made into taxi's after they were retired.

I think this sets the record for the fastest growing readers rides thread lol.
                            1990 Country Squire - weekend cruiser, next project
                            1988 Crown Vic LTD Wagon - waiting in the wings

GMN Box Panther History
                            Box Panther Horsepower and Torque Ratings
                            Box Panther Production Numbers

Comment

Originally posted by Tiggie View Post
                              A brown on tan '82..... hmmm looks familiar!

Welcome mang!

Originally I didn't think they made any S models in 1982, they don't mention them in the broshures. That was until two weeks ago when I stubled on one in a junkyard. So now I have to edit the Official Box History (see sticky in 5.0/5.8 Forum).

I haven't seen many early police cars, in fact I think yours is the first that hasn't been beat to heck. Most were made into taxi's after they were retired.

I think this sets the record for the fastest growing readers rides thread lol.
                              Ahh when I was researching LTD's before I got mine yours was one of the first I looked at haha, Find any good parts on the one in the junkyard? Especially the grill, those are almost impossible to find with the imbeded lights in them. I like your LTD very clean, very classy.
                              -Phil

sigpic

Comment

someone on here had an NOS S grille for sale I think, cant remember who.

Comment

Working...
                                X