1982 Ford LTD-S 351W Police Car

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

87CrownVic (no spaces)

I went through the thread so I believe he still has the Grille and some other S parts.

Comment

oh ok thanks a lot I'll ask, and heres a noob question, why does everyone call each other "mang" around here lol
      -Phil

sigpic

+1982 Ford LTD-S Police Car. Built 351w, Trickflow 11R 190 Heads, Holley Sniper EFI, RPM Intake+ Hyperspark dizzy, WR-AOD, Full exhaust headers to tails. 3.27 Trac-Lok Rear. Aluminum Police Driveshaft. Speedway Springs+Bilstein Shocks, Intermediate Brakes, HPP Steering Box.

+2003 Acura CL Type S 6-speed

Comment

Have you ever seen the movie "Scarface"? It's taken from that...it's used in place of the word "man", and means the same thing. It's just further evidence that we're all insane around here. :p

2001 Ford Crown Victoria P71 - "The Fire Engine"
        1985 Lincoln Town Car Signature Series
        But God demonstrates his own love for us in this: While we were still sinners, Christ died for us. Romans 5:8

Comment

Hahaha it all makes sense now
          -Phil

sigpic

+1982 Ford LTD-S Police Car. Built 351w, Trickflow 11R 190 Heads, Holley Sniper EFI, RPM Intake+ Hyperspark dizzy, WR-AOD, Full exhaust headers to tails. 3.27 Trac-Lok Rear. Aluminum Police Driveshaft. Speedway Springs+Bilstein Shocks, Intermediate Brakes, HPP Steering Box.

Comment

Originally posted by Brown_Muscle View Post
            Ahh when I was researching LTD's before I got mine yours was one of the first I looked at haha, Find any good parts on the one in the junkyard? Especially the grill, those are almost impossible to find with the imbeded lights in them. I like your LTD very clean, very classy.
            Teh grille was there with the Blue Oval, but it probably wasn't really nice. Someone dyed the blue interior tan and the outside was bright yellow!
            1990 Country Squire - weekend cruiser, next project
            1988 Crown Vic LTD Wagon - waiting in the wings

GMN Box Panther History
            Box Panther Horsepower and Torque Ratings
            Box Panther Production Numbers

Comment

Ok well i got the new pipes on! It was easier to go with the straight out the back look then my original...so that's what I did, I would have prefered my old look but the new one is great too IMO. It's a lot louder now, and actually more responsive too I was pleasently surprised as the speedometer climbed a little faster then usuall, those pipes were really BAD haha, hopefully ill get another MPG more if i'm lucky. here are some pixs of it still on the ramps.

Attached Files
              -Phil

sigpic

Comment

Nice! So those are the Impy tails? Got any pictures from underneath the car?

2001 Ford Crown Victoria P71 - "The Fire Engine"
                1985 Lincoln Town Car Signature Series
                But God demonstrates his own love for us in this: While we were still sinners, Christ died for us. Romans 5:8

Comment

Yes they are they slid right on, they were a little short going to the back of the car but that wasn't a problem, i need to find someone with a welder!! I must have a dozen clamps on the tailpips alone! I don't have any pictures of underside tonight, ill take some tomorrow when I'm perfecting everything under there.
                  -Phil

sigpic

Comment

should of made the tips almost flush with the bumper so they dont stick out too much.

1981 Mercury Marquis Brougham 2-Door 302/ 5-speed -special blend (GMGT)
                    1987 Lincoln Mark VII 5-speed (Errand runner)
                    1989 Mercury Grand Marquis (Base Runner)
                    2007 Lincoln Town Car Signature Limited (Hustlyn)
                    2011 Ford Crown Victoria Police Interceptor (Down with O.P.P)

Comment

Those pipes are 2.5", or 2.25"? They don't really look like 2.5 to me. Do they have kink bends, or mandrel bends? Just curious, as I'm planning on those myself. Why so many clamps? To adapt from the smaller mufflers?
                      **2012 Ford Mustang Boss 302: 5.0/ 6 spd/ 3.73s, 20K Cruiser
                      **2006 MGM,"Ultimate": 4.6/ 2.73/ Dark Tint, Magnaflows, 19s, 115K Daily Driver
                      **2012 Harley Davidson Wide Glide (FXDWG):103/ Cobra Speedsters/ Cosmetics, 9K Poseur HD Rider
                      **1976 Ford F-150 4WD: 360, 4 spd, 3.50s, factory A/C, 4" lift, Bilsteins, US Indy Mags, 35s Truck Duties

Comment

Originally posted by marquisman View Post
                        should of made the tips almost flush with the bumper so they dont stick out too much.
                        I like the look of them sticking out a little, just personal preference.

They are 2.5" and are not kinked at all or mandrel bent, they are manufactured completely bend free in any way and smooth i guess they were casted in the factory somehow. There are so many clamps because of all the extensions, adapters and what not, I really wish I had a welder or knew someone who would do some welding, oh well haha. The system works pretty good, real loud now haha, and the mufflers are flowmasters so they slid right in. Ill include pix later
                        Last edited by Brown_Muscle; 02-03-2008, 02:40 PM.
                        -Phil

sigpic

Comment

My exhaust also has a few too many clamps. I need to weld it up too, but it hasn't been high on my priority list.
                          86 Lincoln Town Car (Galactica).
                          5.0 HO, CompCams XE258,Scorpion 1.72 roller rockers, 3.55 K code rear, tow package, BHPerformance ported E7 heads, Tmoss Explorer intake, 65mm throttle body, Hedman 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" dual exhaust, ASP underdrive pulley

91 Lincoln Mark VII LSC grandpa spec white and cranberry

1984 Lincoln Continental TurboDiesel - rolls coal

Originally posted by phayzer5
                          I drive a Lincoln. I can't be bothered to shift like the peasants and rabble rousers

Comment

Looks really nice! Good job!!
                            1998 Crown Victoria P71: Former National Institiute of Health vehicle
                            1974 VW Beetle

Comment

Originally posted by Nathan in MN View Post
                              Got any pictures from underneath the car?
                              x1

Comment

You using offset/offset mufflers?
                                1990 Country Squire - weekend cruiser, next project
                                1988 Crown Vic LTD Wagon - waiting in the wings

GMN Box Panther History
                                Box Panther Horsepower and Torque Ratings
                                Box Panther Production Numbers

Comment

Working...
                                X