SexC's '88 Country Squire

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

SexC's '88 Country Squire

Here are some photos of it. More info later...
    Attached Files
    Slicktop '91 GS HO 4.30 rear. '82 Mark VI Tudor HO, '90 F-150 XLT, '62 project Heep, '89 Arizona Waggin' and '88 donor in PA, getting combined.

That thing looks really nice!
    1998 Crown Victoria P71: Former National Institiute of Health vehicle
    1974 VW Beetle

Comment

tv bushing replaced with the brass???
      Addicted to 86-87 Panthers

Comment

wow, that is sharp!

nice to see a clean wagon out there!
        1984 Ford Crown Vic LTD, The Murphmobile (RIP)
        1985 Ford Crown Vic LTD, The Murph Deuce (SOLD)
        1978 Chevrolet Caprice Classic, The Crapiece (current project)

Comment

nice, do you plan on keeping the rear air deflector?lol

1981 Mercury Marquis Brougham 2-Door 302/ 5-speed -special blend (GMGT)
          1987 Lincoln Mark VII 5-speed (Errand runner)
          1989 Mercury Grand Marquis (Base Runner)
          2007 Lincoln Town Car Signature Limited (Hustlyn)
          2011 Ford Crown Victoria Police Interceptor (Down with O.P.P)

Comment

nice wagon bro

Comment

I haven't bothered to check the TV Bushing yet, so I dunno. It does have a small coolant leak somewhere up near the front right of the radiator (passenger side of the car), you can see a smallish puddle starting on the driveway in the front picture.

Sorry, Marquisman, I'm gonna keep the air deflector, you probably wouldn't want it anyway, as it has two holes drilled in it where the backup camera was mounted.

It's got all that rust starting, and the left rear quarter panel (bottom) is crunched. The guy I bought it off of said he was dragging it up on some ramps with his Jeep and a chain, and it slipped off and crunched on the ramp.

The guy I bought it off of graduated with my older brother Adam.

It has 138,000 miles on it, 34,000 of those were put on it in the last year or so, the guy said he drove it to texas and back alot. Before that, he said, it was driven up and down Rte. 8 up by Akron, used to deliver glass panels for a guy that was using it for a part time business.

I noticed it has a louder aftermarket horn mounted up under the front clip, two red plastic horns with air hoses going to them from a small silver cylinder.

It has the Y axle code which means 3.08 gearing.

Most of that beige trim around the woodgrain is supposed to be a lighter woodgrain its self, but it's been peeled off. There's a small hole in the corner of the passenger door that has been filled in with spray foam (wtf?!).

Both passenger side windows are inoperable, but the back one sounds like the motor is trying, it's just not catching the window. Front doors have to be locked with keys, same as my Grand Marquis, and I'm waiting on a box of parts my brother is supposed to give me that's full of window motors and door actuators and such.

The top of the wagon is fading, has that sort of cloudy splotchy pattern that bad clear coats get...

Tha's all for now I guess.
              Slicktop '91 GS HO 4.30 rear. '82 Mark VI Tudor HO, '90 F-150 XLT, '62 project Heep, '89 Arizona Waggin' and '88 donor in PA, getting combined.

Comment

Well, I junked the wagon, pulled a lot of parts off it. Even without giving the scrap dealers the rims and tires, I got $464.24. Some of the parts, like the rear air deflector, I may put up for sale on here (any suggestions on a fair price?). I have another '91 I bought locally with problems & 1980c10's purple-rimmed beast, along with a '99 GM with 236k I've never posted here. Guess it's time to start some new threads soon!

The oil-pump was going out and giving me a flickering red ENGINE light of death, so it was not long for this world. 151k or so when I junked it. The exhaust was GONE so it was nice and loud as well.

It was weird and bouncy driving it to the scrapyard about 1.5 miles from my house & I was getting light headed from exhaust fumes from cutting off the remaining converter.
                Last edited by sxcpotatoes; 11-29-2011, 07:42 PM.

Comment

^^ Good scrap price!

Did you keep the tailgate with the defogger-equipped window? That could be useful to someone whose wagon came without it.
                  2012 Mazda5 Touring | Finally working on the LTD again!

Comment

No, I didn't keep the tailgate, it had a rust spot under the woodgrain starting, window motor didn't work either. I probably should have kept it. I do have a new hinge-pin kit I bought for it that I never used. I should have pulled the way-back seatbelts and stuff too.

Comment

you gotta do what you gotta do mang. i didnt really want to sell my merc but i had to because of frame rot that would not pass inspection. that is a very good price for scrap.

1982 Lincoln Continental Mark VI Bill Blass Designer Series 2-Door(Larisa)
                      -Mods: HO Roller 302, GT40P Heads, Explorer Intakes, HO ECM(D9S), Autodimming w/compass and outside temp rearview mirror, Daniel Stern Lighting Mod, Dual Exhaust, 90's GM C/K Series Retractable Hood Light, Red Digital Dash Display, 92-94 White Leather Town Car Signature Cupholder Armrests, HPP Wheels, Police PS Cooler, Police Trans Cooler. More to come!!!!
                      1998 Ford Explorer Limited 5.0 AWD(Fiona)-Mods: Lincoln Navigator THX Audio System, Ford Explorer Sport Instrument Cluster.

Comment

And I should have pulled the C4 shift linkage from my '79 when I was stripping it. And maybe some of the HVAC stuff, since it worked really really well. Bleh.
                        2012 Mazda5 Touring | Finally working on the LTD again!

Comment

Originally posted by sxcpotatoes View Post
                          I have another '91 I bought locally with problems & 1980c10's purple-rimmed beast, along with a '99 GM with 236k I've never posted here. Guess it's time to start some new threads soon!
                          Take lots of pics!! :camera:
                          '79 Continental Town Car
                          '90 Crown Victoria LTD
                          '94 Crown Victoria

Comment

Working...
                          X