No announcement yet.

My 1990 LTD Crown Victoria :)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

^^^ Sounds like what we once had for a walk to church, literally across a parking lot and around a bend, until that church went wonky with 40-something rock'n'roll wannabes. Started driving to a place probably 3-5 miles away, then moved and now it's more like 12 miles away!
    2012 Mazda5 Touring | Finally working on the LTD again!

Comment

How she's running

Got a new water-pump last week. The previous part was likely original and started leaking last Fall. It got worse since the car came out of storage and had to be dealt with. When it gets a bit warmer here, I'll take the time to clean the car.
      '79 Continental Town Car
      '90 Crown Victoria LTD
      '94 Crown Victoria

Comment

exhaust leak

The exhaust sounds a bit louder. I think the y-pipe is leaking. According to the previous owner's service records, the tail-pipe has been replaced.
        So most of the exhaust system is quite old...
        '79 Continental Town Car
        '90 Crown Victoria LTD
        '94 Crown Victoria

Comment

perfect excuse to get that Y pipe tore out and put duals on it. wouldn't cost much more than having a new Y put in if your existing muffler and tailpipe is still good.
          sigpic

- 1990 Ford LTD Crown Victoria P72 - the street boat - 5.0 liter EFI - Ported HO intake/TB, 90 TC shroud/overflow, Aero airbox/zip tube, Cobra camshaft, 19lb injectors, dual exhaust w/ Magnaflows, Cat/Smog & AC delete, 3G alternator, MOOG chassis parts & KYB cop shocks, 215/70r/15s on 95-97 Merc rims

- 2007 Ford Escape XLT - soccer mom lifted station wagon - 3.0 Duratec, auto, rear converter delete w/ Magnaflow dual exhaust

- 2008 Mercury Grand Marquis Ultimate Edition - Daily driver - 4.6 2 valve Mod motor, 4R75E, 2.73s. Bone stock

Comment

Originally posted by 1990LTD View Post
            perfect excuse to get that Y pipe tore out and put duals on it. wouldn't cost much more than having a new Y put in if your existing muffler and tailpipe is still good.
            I just got my income tax refund but I don't wanna spend it all on this...Most of the $ will be going towards paint on the '79 TC. I want to at least get the header-panel and hood painted this year. I'm tired of looking at the faded paint...
            '79 Continental Town Car
            '90 Crown Victoria LTD
            '94 Crown Victoria

Comment

stalls when shifted into park

Any ideas?? Starts up again no problem.
              '79 Continental Town Car
              '90 Crown Victoria LTD
              '94 Crown Victoria

Comment

Is that stupid vacuum parking brake release mechanism still hooked up? Willing to bet that thing hisses like no tomorrow.

Comment

Originally posted by 86VickyLX View Post
                  Is that stupid vacuum parking brake release mechanism still hooked up? Willing to bet that thing hisses like no tomorrow.
                  I didn't notice any hisses, just the mild exhaust lope at idle.
                  '79 Continental Town Car
                  '90 Crown Victoria LTD
                  '94 Crown Victoria

Comment

WOW.......that looks EXACTLY like my old 90 ltd....same color..and from your description,the same options(or lack thereof...lol)......i miss that car..(thats the one i had the bronco II rims on by the way!)...i did upgrade the shocks and ignition...but othewise it was all stock....had a few more miles than yours(we figured approx 160,000).....fuel pump leaned out on the highway going home one day.....then it died....i was set to leave oklahoma that weekend...and so i swapped it and a few bucks for the lincoln
                    Last edited by Guest; 05-21-2012, 12:29 AM.

Comment

pat check the map sensor and the vacuum hose running to it.
                      sigpic

- 1990 Ford LTD Crown Victoria P72 - the street boat - 5.0 liter EFI - Ported HO intake/TB, 90 TC shroud/overflow, Aero airbox/zip tube, Cobra camshaft, 19lb injectors, dual exhaust w/ Magnaflows, Cat/Smog & AC delete, 3G alternator, MOOG chassis parts & KYB cop shocks, 215/70r/15s on 95-97 Merc rims

- 2007 Ford Escape XLT - soccer mom lifted station wagon - 3.0 Duratec, auto, rear converter delete w/ Magnaflow dual exhaust

- 2008 Mercury Grand Marquis Ultimate Edition - Daily driver - 4.6 2 valve Mod motor, 4R75E, 2.73s. Bone stock

Comment

super clean...for now.

It's hard to keep ahead of the birds...Doesn't matter where I park. Washed, waxed and shiny. The cleanest box CV around here. Lots of sunshine in the forecast. If there's rain expected, I don't bother cleaning. The paint is still in good condition overall but there's a spot on the hood that's starting to fade...
                        '79 Continental Town Car
                        '90 Crown Victoria LTD
                        '94 Crown Victoria

Comment

Packman

Comment

Originally posted by 79lincolnlover View Post
                            If there's rain expected, I don't bother cleaning...
                            There were thunder showers a few hours ago, so I won't have to worry about washing my car for a few days. I was driving my CV a lot while my Lincoln's were at the shops.
                            '79 Continental Town Car
                            '90 Crown Victoria LTD
                            '94 Crown Victoria

Comment

Very nice car!! does your car have manual windows? I have only seen 1 other CV without power windows and it didnt have the "autolamp" either.
                              Should last you a while!

Comment

Originally posted by truckguy View Post
                                Very nice car!! does your car have manual windows? I have only seen 1 other CV without power windows and it didnt have the "autolamp" either.
                                Should last you a while!
                                I wish it had manual windows...The two front windows won't go down without assistance. The back windows work fine. I don't drive any of my cars during the winter, so they should last for years to come
                                '79 Continental Town Car
                                '90 Crown Victoria LTD
                                '94 Crown Victoria

Comment

Working...
                                X