My 1990 LTD Crown Victoria :)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

exhaust leak...

As of today, the car's exhaust became quite noisy...Perhaps it's time for duals.
    '79 Continental Town Car
    '90 Crown Victoria LTD
    '94 Crown Victoria

Comment

Duals are good though! Hey have you installed aftermarket door speakers under thos speaker covers on the front doors?
      ~David~

My 1987 Crown Victoria Coupe: The Brown Blob
      My 2004 Mercedes Benz E320:The Benz

Originally posted by ootdega
      My life is a long series of "nevermind" and "I guess not."

Originally posted by DerekTheGreat
      But, that's just coming from me, this site's biggest pessimist. Best of luck

Originally posted by gadget73
      my car starts and it has AC. Yours doesn't start and it has no AC. Seems obvious to me.

Comment

Originally posted by 87gtVIC View Post
        Duals are good though! Hey have you installed aftermarket door speakers under thos speaker covers on the front doors?
        Nope, still have the stock speakers and tape deck I have a decent tape collection too!
        '79 Continental Town Car
        '90 Crown Victoria LTD
        '94 Crown Victoria

Comment

beautiful car man
          1996 Mercury Grand Marquis - duals, PI cams, PI intake, J-Mod, MZT, BOC tune, 3.55s, 18in wheels
          1965 Ford Falcon Ranchero - 5.0 HO T5 Fun Cruiser
          http://www.supermotors.net/users/tmm313

Comment

I still have the tape deck in my 90 LTD too I got one of those oldschool tapes that has a 1/8" cable you can plug a discman or mp3 player into. Works pretty good...my tape collection kinda sucks so I'm pretty happy about that.

How much do you figure it would cost you for a set of duals? I want to do the same mod but don't know what I should expect to pay..you live fairly nearby so I'd imagine the prices would be pretty close.
            sigpic

- 1990 Ford LTD Crown Victoria P72 - the street boat - 5.0 liter EFI - Ported HO intake/TB, 90 TC shroud/overflow, Aero airbox/zip tube, Cobra camshaft, 19lb injectors, dual exhaust w/ Magnaflows, Cat/Smog & AC delete, 3G alternator, MOOG chassis parts & KYB cop shocks, 215/70r/15s on 95-97 Merc rims

- 2007 Ford Escape XLT - soccer mom lifted station wagon - 3.0 Duratec, auto, rear converter delete w/ Magnaflow dual exhaust

- 2008 Mercury Grand Marquis Ultimate Edition - Daily driver - 4.6 2 valve Mod motor, 4R75E, 2.73s. Bone stock

Comment

What parts do you want? That has a huge effect on how much you spend.

Generally speaking, I'd expect these price ranges in US dollars:

Headers: $20 - $300
              Crossover pipe: $75 - $350
              Intermediate pipes: $36
              Mufflers: $30 - $400
              Tailpipes: $80

Typical setup with all new parts might see $150 for headers, $150 for crossover pipe, and $100 for mufflers. Figure $10 handling from Summit Racing, plus a few odds and ends, and it comes to around $550 for parts.
              Last edited by 1987cp; 06-07-2009, 11:21 PM.
              2012 Mazda5 Touring | Finally working on the LTD again!

Comment

Originally posted by 1987cp View Post
                What parts do you want? That has a huge effect on how much you spend.

Generally speaking, I'd expect these price ranges in US dollars:

Headers: $20 - $300
                Crossover pipe: $75 - $350
                Intermediate pipes: $36
                Mufflers: $30 - $400
                Tailpipes: $80

Typical setup with all new parts might see $150 for headers, $150 for crossover pipe, and $100 for mufflers. Figure $10 handling from Summit Racing, plus a few odds and ends, and it comes to around $550 for parts.
                First off you do not need headers. If your manifold are good as well as all of your cats just bring it to a shop and have then fab up the rest. You will pay close to 2 grand (at least my pops did 6 years ago) for that same set up but there is not one thing wrong with it.

Piecing these things together is crap imho. All that stuff is low quality thin metal.
                ~David~

my car starts and it has AC. Yours doesn't start and it has no AC. Seems obvious to me.

Comment

service up-date

Originally posted by 79lincolnlover View Post
                  As of today, the car's exhaust became quite noisy...Perhaps it's time for duals.
                  The exhaust was repaired about 2 weeks ago, I just forgot to up-date.
                  '79 Continental Town Car
                  '90 Crown Victoria LTD
                  '94 Crown Victoria

Comment

After my Sunday drive

Parked and waiting for the down-pour to end...
                    Attached Files
                    '79 Continental Town Car
                    '90 Crown Victoria LTD
                    '94 Crown Victoria

Comment

Looks like it was really coming down out there!

I always go on Sunday drives in my box as well.

Comment

Originally posted by LTDMan83 View Post
                        Looks like it was really coming down out there!

I always go on Sunday drives in my box as well.
                        I drove out to the cottage to visit with my relatives. The rain started on the drive back, when I was about 20 mins from home.
                        '79 Continental Town Car
                        '90 Crown Victoria LTD
                        '94 Crown Victoria

Comment

I am jealous as hell of your car. If I had a car in that good of shape i couldnt wait to tear it apart and throw some upgrades on there, however with a car like mine every time i think about upgrading something i run into a million and one problems that i need to fix first.

Comment

Originally posted by insomniac391 View Post
                            I am jealous as hell of your car. If I had a car in that good of shape i couldnt wait to tear it apart and throw some upgrades on there, however with a car like mine every time i think about upgrading something i run into a million and one problems that i need to fix first.
                            I'll never have to worry about removing a vynal roof.....Thank God! The car is going to remain stock for now. Next items on the repair list: new brakes and rotors for the front. The annual inspection is due in July.
                            '79 Continental Town Car
                            '90 Crown Victoria LTD
                            '94 Crown Victoria

Comment

bird crap is gone!

After a good cleaning...
                              Attached Files
                              '79 Continental Town Car
                              '90 Crown Victoria LTD
                              '94 Crown Victoria

Comment

look at that shine. And a garage big enough for it!
                                ~David~

Comment

Working...
                                X