Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

damn you and your multiple cars!!!!
    sigpic

- 1990 Ford LTD Crown Victoria P72 - the street boat - 5.0 liter EFI - Ported HO intake/TB, 90 TC shroud/overflow, Aero airbox/zip tube, Cobra camshaft, 19lb injectors, dual exhaust w/ Magnaflows, Cat/Smog & AC delete, 3G alternator, MOOG chassis parts & KYB cop shocks, 215/70r/15s on 95-97 Merc rims

- 2007 Ford Escape XLT - soccer mom lifted station wagon - 3.0 Duratec, auto, rear converter delete w/ Magnaflow dual exhaust

- 2008 Mercury Grand Marquis Ultimate Edition - Daily driver - 4.6 2 valve Mod motor, 4R75E, 2.73s. Bone stock

Comment

box envy

After seeing 90_Panther's CV, I really can't wait to get mine out of storage...2 months to go!!
      '79 Continental Town Car
      '90 Crown Victoria LTD
      '94 Crown Victoria

Comment

2 months?lol ill have my lincoln out in the first week of april, not on the road but, waxing her up and a LOF to start the season. maybe sooner, depends on the weather

1981 Mercury Marquis Brougham 2-Door 302/ 5-speed -special blend (GMGT)
        1987 Lincoln Mark VII 5-speed (Errand runner)
        1989 Mercury Grand Marquis (Base Runner)
        2007 Lincoln Town Car Signature Limited (Hustlyn)
        2011 Ford Crown Victoria Police Interceptor (Down with O.P.P)

Comment

^ That is when my summer wheels go on, usually safe from snow in southern NH then. I can't wait.
          "Shakedown"- 1991 Grand Marquis GS Dual exhaust, Magnaflow xl turbos, Rear anti sway bar, Outlaw 1 wheels, 43k miles
          1985 GMC 1500

Comment

a clean box

After my Sunday drive to the camp, I cleaned up the CV. An oil change and coolant flush are next for this baby.
            Attached Files
            '79 Continental Town Car
            '90 Crown Victoria LTD
            '94 Crown Victoria

Comment

Looking good as usual, That's the look I would have gone for (blackwalls) if I had put the steel wheels and hubcaps back on. I was kind of surprised when you didn't like the idea. (of course I'm glad I listened).
              Former panther owner
              1981 CV 351 4bbl
              1991 CV 302 EFI

Comment

That car is awesome!
                79 Grand Marquis

Comment

playing with paint

I removed the surface rust that had accumulated under one side of the hood. No before pics but here's what it looks like now. I sanded the area down of course. A healthy dose of rust converter, two coats of medium gold paint and one coat of clear.

I didn't do all of this in one day. Started one evening last week, then finished it this evening. Glad I took advantage of the nice weather. In other news, this is post #5000
                  Attached Files
                  '79 Continental Town Car
                  '90 Crown Victoria LTD
                  '94 Crown Victoria

Comment

I dropped my box off at Taylor'd Rides today. Paul is gonna start working on it Monday. The minor rust around the wheel wells and rocker panels is going bye-bye. After the work is done, the chrome trim and mud flaps will not be re-installed!
                    '79 Continental Town Car
                    '90 Crown Victoria LTD
                    '94 Crown Victoria

Comment

Post pics when its back. I'm actually in love with your car
                      79 Grand Marquis

Comment

Originally posted by Leafsrule16 View Post
                        Post pics when its back. I'm actually in love with your car
                        Don't worry, there will be pics. I should have the car back by the weekend.
                        '79 Continental Town Car
                        '90 Crown Victoria LTD
                        '94 Crown Victoria

Comment

Originally posted by 79lincolnlover View Post
                          Don't worry, there will be pics. I should have the car back by the weekend.
                          Here's some teaser pics I took last week after the car was finished at the body shop.
                          Attached Files
                          '79 Continental Town Car
                          '90 Crown Victoria LTD
                          '94 Crown Victoria

Comment

looks good. i need to get the rust on mine (in the same spot, rear quarters) taken care of. was it pricey?
                            sigpic

- 1990 Ford LTD Crown Victoria P72 - the street boat - 5.0 liter EFI - Ported HO intake/TB, 90 TC shroud/overflow, Aero airbox/zip tube, Cobra camshaft, 19lb injectors, dual exhaust w/ Magnaflows, Cat/Smog & AC delete, 3G alternator, MOOG chassis parts & KYB cop shocks, 215/70r/15s on 95-97 Merc rims

- 2007 Ford Escape XLT - soccer mom lifted station wagon - 3.0 Duratec, auto, rear converter delete w/ Magnaflow dual exhaust

- 2008 Mercury Grand Marquis Ultimate Edition - Daily driver - 4.6 2 valve Mod motor, 4R75E, 2.73s. Bone stock

Comment

the bottom line

Originally posted by 1990LTD View Post
                              looks good. i need to get the rust on mine (in the same spot, rear quarters) taken care of. was it pricey?
                              The sooner you get it done, the better. Rust never sleeps! I'm not sure how much the rear quarters alone would cost. Depends who does the work. I had the rear quarters and all wheel wells done. Paul's labour rate is $30 per hour. After the body work was complete, he waxed and buffed the car. I paid $1400 for his services. That's still cheaper than most other shops around here!
                              '79 Continental Town Car
                              '90 Crown Victoria LTD
                              '94 Crown Victoria

Comment

bath time...

I can only up-load three pics at a time, since up-grading to the Samsung 10.2 mp digi-cam.
                                Attached Files
                                '79 Continental Town Car
                                '90 Crown Victoria LTD
                                '94 Crown Victoria

Comment

Working...
                                X