Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

HillbillySUV the MOVIE... (In other words I finally bought a camera)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

HillbillySUV the MOVIE... (In other words I finally bought a camera)

Shot on my new 60$ Kmart special camera.
    Enjoy...

A few comments I'd like to make.

#1 The house we are buying is the same house I grew up in.
    #2 The antenna tower is 40ft tall, and yes I intend to use it.
    #3 The messy wiring laying on top of the battery is something I temporarily tossed together for my electric fans.
    #4 I completely forgot to mention my fans and the 3g upgrade.
    #5 It has been a long time since I worked in radio, and it REALLY shows in how I narrate this vid.
    #6 I make too many comments
    Last edited by GoodSamaritan; 05-24-2008, 11:05 PM. Reason: cant figure out how to embed a youtube vid
    Owner of the only known 5 speed box wagon with a lift kit.
    AKA, Herkimer the Hillbilly SUV.

Axle codes
    Open/Lock/Ratio #
    -----------------------
    G / H / 2.26
    B / C / 2.47
    8 / M / 2.73
    7 / - / 3.07
    Y / Z / 3.08
    4 / D / 3.42
    F / R / 3.45
    5 / E / 3.27
    6 / W / 3.73
    2 / K / 3.55
    A / - / 3.63
    J / - / 3.85

Thats a pretty spiffy car you have there.-good video
    1984 CV tudor 351W, 4bbl, 5-speed best time in the 1/8 8.39 at 80 with 1.80 60ft time.
    2006 P71, 1988 Bronco II, 1986 Baby LTD(5.0 & T5 swap in progress), 1976 16' Hobie Cat, 12' AquaFinn
    http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2651997 UPDATED 20100826
    sigpic

Comment

Nice dude, looks good.
      Pebbles-1968 Ford F250
      Pile of Junk! An Electronics Project Site (To get wet by)<---Clicky! NEW STUFF!!!!

Comment

awesome mang......that house looks much like my parents house before i added on
        congrats on teh house too!

1986 lincoln towncar signature series. 5.0 HO with thumper performance ported e7 heads, 1.7 roller rockers, warm air intake, 65mm throttle body, 1/2" intake spacer, ported intakes, 3.73 rear with trac lock, 98-02 front brake conversion, 92-97 rear disc conversion, 1" rear swaybar, 1 3/16" front swaybar, 16" wheels and tires, loud ass stereo system, badass cb, best time to date 15.94 at 87 mph. lots of mods in the works 221.8 rwhp 278 rwt
        2006 Lincoln Town Car Signature. Stock for now
        1989 Ford F-250 4x4 much much more to come, sefi converted so far.
        1986 Toyota pickup with LSC wheels and 225/60/16 tires.
        2008 Hyundai Elantra future Revcon toad
        1987 TriBurner and 1986 Alaska stokers keeping me warm. (and some pesky oil heat)

please be patient, rebuilding an empire!

Comment

Thanks for all the positive comments mangs!

About that old antenna tower, my Dad was a radio nut. He used to collect qsl cards from around the world of an antenna about 10' from the top of that thing. He had a couple of nice radios, but he kept coming back to an old Heathkit radio he built himself.

Axle codes
          Open/Lock/Ratio #
          -----------------------
          G / H / 2.26
          B / C / 2.47
          8 / M / 2.73
          7 / - / 3.07
          Y / Z / 3.08
          4 / D / 3.42
          F / R / 3.45
          5 / E / 3.27
          6 / W / 3.73
          2 / K / 3.55
          A / - / 3.63
          J / - / 3.85

Comment

That's awesome, and it looks to be a pretty solid ride.
            1996 Police Interceptor-187K miles **Replacement DD found**
            Engine/trans: '03 4.6, underdrives, shorties, 80mm MAF, Custom downpipes, Ported plenum, 70MM T/B, and Dyno Tune. J-modded Y2K 4r70w w/ Marauder TC.
            Misc: ADDCO bars, Big brakes, 17" wheels, '02 steering box, and LXSport console w/ floor shift! :headbang:

Comment

Wow! I saw the sig pics before, but I never knew this car was quite that awesome. Really nice; I love the utilitarian nature of the car...
              **2012 Ford Mustang Boss 302: 5.0/ 6 spd/ 3.73s, 20K Cruiser
              **2006 MGM,"Ultimate": 4.6/ 2.73/ Dark Tint, Magnaflows, 19s, 115K Daily Driver
              **2012 Harley Davidson Wide Glide (FXDWG):103/ Cobra Speedsters/ Cosmetics, 9K Poseur HD Rider
              **1976 Ford F-150 4WD: 360, 4 spd, 3.50s, factory A/C, 4" lift, Bilsteins, US Indy Mags, 35s Truck Duties

Comment

That wagon is totally awesome!! I bet it's a lot of fun to drive! Nice!
                1998 Crown Victoria P71: Former National Institiute of Health vehicle
                1974 VW Beetle

Comment

sweet video you need a new dash pad lol. i nevered know how cool your wagon was untill i saw the video. the radio tower is a good place to mount the dish congrats on the house

1989 mercury grand marquis gs / 2014 ford focus s daily driver
                  302 lopo with ho upper/ aod with trans go shift kit
                  k code 3:55 posi rear/big brake swap tow package car

Comment

Wow, I never noticed before now that you converted the wagon to 5 speed manual, I guess I don't pay attention to sigs well. The wagon is surprizingly quiet for catless duals and glasspacks, what type do you have on there?

The vid was awesome, nicely done.

Also, what is the advantage to a dual battery setup? Why not just upgrade the alt/starter/ignition and get a battery with more cranking amps?
                    88 Town Car (wrecked, for sale)
                    Walker OEM duals with muffler deletes

Comment

Once again, thanks for all the positive comments.

To answer some questions:

Yeah, the dash pad is toast. I have been looking for a bargain but it looks like I might have to bite the bullet, and buy one of those plastic dash caps from JC whitney.

The trick with glasspacks is to get them LONG. Mine are 48" long. Still loud enough to sound good, but not obnoxious.

The reason I went with the dual battery setup was my seemingly never ending list of battery/charging problems. My previous work truck ate a few alternators and batteries. My "new" (2006 with 126k miles on it now) has had 4 alternators and 5 (or was it 6?) batteries. My wifes car ate a battery this winter. (she kept forgetting to turn off her XM radio) Add to that, two bad alternators on the wagon prior to the 3g conversion, and a dead battery to that shortly thereafter. 2007 was the year of never ending electrical problems. LOL!

You can see why I wanted one vehicle that would start no matter what!
                      The funny thing is since I put it in, I've only needed to drag out the jumper cables one time.

Also there is something satisfying about being able to jump start a diesel truck... especially if it's your friends chebby.

Axle codes
                      Open/Lock/Ratio #
                      -----------------------
                      G / H / 2.26
                      B / C / 2.47
                      8 / M / 2.73
                      7 / - / 3.07
                      Y / Z / 3.08
                      4 / D / 3.42
                      F / R / 3.45
                      5 / E / 3.27
                      6 / W / 3.73
                      2 / K / 3.55
                      A / - / 3.63
                      J / - / 3.85

Comment

OK, GoodSam....we GOT to hook up, so I can get a real life view of this thing!

I especially want to know how you did that lift.

Joe.
                        People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf. ~ George Orwell

1990 Crown Vic, 2006 Ford Fusion, 2003 Ranger

Comment

I smile every time I see the car! And I love it!

Hey Brian! I gotts me a new cell #. I'll give you a call sometime soon to update you. It's ATT, is that what you have? If so, it will be free for both of us! WOOHOO..............J/J
                          Do it with a 5spd!

Comment

Fordktpjoe, Let me know when you are going to be in the area, and I'll take you for a spin.

Gary, gimme a call when you get a chance. I was going to call you the other day...

Axle codes
                            Open/Lock/Ratio #
                            -----------------------
                            G / H / 2.26
                            B / C / 2.47
                            8 / M / 2.73
                            7 / - / 3.07
                            Y / Z / 3.08
                            4 / D / 3.42
                            F / R / 3.45
                            5 / E / 3.27