No announcement yet.

My 85 Merc 2-Door Slicktop

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Those fender support bars sure are beefy.
    ~David~

My 1987 Crown Victoria Coupe: The Brown Blob
    My 2004 Mercedes Benz E320:The Benz

Originally posted by ootdega
    My life is a long series of "nevermind" and "I guess not."

Originally posted by DerekTheGreat
    But, that's just coming from me, this site's biggest pessimist. Best of luck

Originally posted by gadget73
    my car starts and it has AC. Yours doesn't start and it has no AC. Seems obvious to me.

Comment

Nice!

Glad I could help you learn about a few cheap factory upgrades that are available. Stay Tuned, because I have more coming.

You guys did a great job making those Fender Braces. Definitely on that!

Did you have to Drill/Tap your DS Bulkhead to make those Towncar Frame Braces fit, or did they bolt right on the DS?

Comment

Originally posted by LTDMan83 View Post
        Nice!

Glad I could help you learn about a few cheap factory upgrades that are available. Stay Tuned, because I have more coming.

You guys did a great job making those Fender Braces. Definitely on that!

Did you have to Drill/Tap your DS Bulkhead to make those Towncar Frame Braces fit, or did they bolt right on the DS?
        Thanks mangs!!!
        Yea, any more secrets would be appreciated !!! lol
        But no, they didnt bolt right on, i wish lol, but I just ovaled out the bolt holes on the brace thing, then i just had to start threading in the bolt.

But today, i went to the junkyard to pull an engine, and my uncle just happend to catch a glimpse of a '85 CV in a sea of cars getting ready to come out. Turns out it was a PI CV.
        So we snuck in the back lot and snatched the rear-sway bar, and when it comes out, im going to get the 140 Speedo, is there anything else i should get ???

But here are some pics, ill get more tomorrow when its on. enjoy.
        Attached Files
        ---1990 Lincon LSC., 5.0 H.O., 55,000 ORIG. miles, 3:73 Posi, Bullit rims, 3G alt., 2.5" full-back exhaust, Mark 8 elec. fan, Flowmaster mufflers. My DD
        ---1985 Grand Marquis 2-door., Fresh 5.0, slick-top, GT40P's, 1.7 RR's, FRPP headers, 3G alt., Weiand Stealth intake, 650 cfm holley, 2.5" side-exit exhaust, Mark 8 elec. fan, 3:55 Posi, Bucket seats, custom center console. My Toy

Comment

Did it have gauges above the glove box? If so i would take the bezel where the gauges would sit.
          ~David~

my car starts and it has AC. Yours doesn't start and it has no AC. Seems obvious to me.

Comment

Originally posted by 87gtVIC View Post
            Did it have gauges above the glove box? If so i would take the bezel where the gauges would sit.
            Oh no, if it did, those would have been snatched immediatley lol

But, got the Rear-sway bar installed today. It made a HUGE difference in handling. I didnt think that bar would make such a difference. I can turn corners going around 20-30 mph and it has almost no body roll, its amazing lol.

Then, right when i pulled into my dads work, the water pump started to leak like crazy, so we got that replaced.

Then when we replaced the water pump, we decided to put a mark 8 elec. fan on it. It turned out pretty good, it moves ALOT more air than the factory, its just a little too small for the radiator, but it moves so much air i dont think it matters.

oh, i also painted the fender braces.

But here are some pics... enjoy.
            Attached Files
            ---1990 Lincon LSC., 5.0 H.O., 55,000 ORIG. miles, 3:73 Posi, Bullit rims, 3G alt., 2.5" full-back exhaust, Mark 8 elec. fan, Flowmaster mufflers. My DD
            ---1985 Grand Marquis 2-door., Fresh 5.0, slick-top, GT40P's, 1.7 RR's, FRPP headers, 3G alt., Weiand Stealth intake, 650 cfm holley, 2.5" side-exit exhaust, Mark 8 elec. fan, 3:55 Posi, Bucket seats, custom center console. My Toy

Comment

looking good.
              ~David~

Comment

It's amazing how much difference a PI RSB makes in the handling on one of these cars. Now you need to install the PI FSB to even things out.

Keep up the great work guys.

Comment

wow, you really got that thing cleaned up real nice!
                  sigpic
                  1989 Ford Crown Victoria

Comment

Thanks Mangs !!!

Originally posted by LTDMan83 View Post
                    It's amazing how much difference a PI RSB makes in the handling on one of these cars. Now you need to install the PI FSB to even things out.

Keep up the great work guys.
                    Oh yea, it made a huge difference in the handling

And now, I just got done putting on my new PI front sway bar

That stiffend up the front a little bit, all these bars made this thing rock solid, i love it

I also got the 140 MPH speedo put of the cop car, Anyone wanna buy it ???

Here are the pics, enjoy.
                    Attached Files

Comment

Nice Work!

Originally posted by Bowman85merc View Post
                      all these bars made this thing rock solid, i love it
                      It still can get even better from here! I have quite a few different ideas running through my head that I'm gonna be trying on mine.

Comment

excellent!

1986 lincoln towncar signature series. 5.0 HO with thumper performance ported e7 heads, 1.7 roller rockers, warm air intake, 65mm throttle body, 1/2" intake spacer, ported intakes, 3.73 rear with trac lock, 98-02 front brake conversion, 92-97 rear disc conversion, 1" rear swaybar, 1 3/16" front swaybar, 16" wheels and tires, loud ass stereo system, badass cb, best time to date 15.94 at 87 mph. lots of mods in the works 221.8 rwhp 278 rwt
                        2006 Lincoln Town Car Signature. Stock for now
                        1989 Ford F-250 4x4 much much more to come, sefi converted so far.
                        1986 Toyota pickup with LSC wheels and 225/60/16 tires.
                        2008 Hyundai Elantra future Revcon toad
                        1987 TriBurner and 1986 Alaska stokers keeping me warm. (and some pesky oil heat)

please be patient, rebuilding an empire!

Comment

That is a nice car. I've always wanted a two door box.

1981 Ford LTD Crown Vic (FOR SALE!)
                          1979 Pontiac Firebird

Comment

oooh! 0-140mph Speedo!
                            sigpic
                            1989 Ford Crown Victoria

Comment

i want 140 speedo....maybe later in the year. I will definitely be interested. What sorta pricetag do you have on it?
                              ~David~

Comment

i dont know what to say except that i love it, especially that paint color

Comment

Working...
                                X