Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Nathan in MN
    Nope, intake has been replaced.
    Okay, looks like I wasn't paying very close attention, and I'm going to have to amend this statement. The intake has not been replaced; I'll have to talk to the Ford dealer and see about getting a new one. I'm thinking of asking if they'd just give me the intake and let me install it myself since they probably don't have much motivation to get to it quickly seeing as how they wouldn't be making any money off of it. At least, that's assuming they'd still honor the recall on it. Anyway, we'll see. I'd better get on that pretty quick before this one springs a leak!

2001 Ford Crown Victoria P71 - "The Fire Engine"
    1985 Lincoln Town Car Signature Series
    But God demonstrates his own love for us in this: While we were still sinners, Christ died for us. Romans 5:8

Comment

Recall only goes up to seven years. Now you're riding on the build date. Find a dealer immediately and see if they'll hook you up.
      2011 Mustang GT Premium, MT82, Kona/Saddle, HIDs, 3.73s, 19s, hood/side stripes, UPR 1.5" springs with adjustable panhard bar, and UMI solid LCAs and relocation brackets.
      1992 Explorer Eddie Bauer, slight lift, 34s, and A/C...
      1979 Bronco Custom, 351M/C6/NP205, 4" lift, 35s, lots of fender trimming.

Comment

Well, I guess it's time for the 32V heads and the ITBs...

Comment

700 bucks and that a 2001...thats got the PI package already I think...and your radio is nicer then the one I have....and yours also is all put together....AND YOUR SEATS LOOK NICER TOO! I bet the rubber matting isn't as worn out as mine is as well! How much rust though?
          I do however have the same grill as the one you got good looking
          YouTube. FaceBook Crown Vic Group

Comment

Originally posted by torquelover View Post
            Well, I guess it's time for the 32V heads and the ITBs...

Originally posted by capridrifter
            700 bucks and that a 2001...thats got the PI package already I think...and your radio is nicer then the one I have....and yours also is all put together....AND YOUR SEATS LOOK NICER TOO! I bet the rubber matting isn't as worn out as mine is as well! How much rust though?
            I do however have the same grill as the one you got good looking
            Yes, it has the PI heads and intake. Very little rust; just a a little tiny bit of surface rust on the frame and a couple of spots on the floor. Other than that, it's quite clean in that respect.

But God demonstrates his own love for us in this: While we were still sinners, Christ died for us. Romans 5:8

Comment

Originally posted by p71towny View Post
              V Pretty soon you'll be dreamin of shit to do while you lay in bed tryin to sleep, next thing you know you're on the crapper looking at stuff in the ford section of Summit magazine deciding on what you want first. It happens every time.
              QFT, that would be me.

Beautiful find, it must be a Nate thing to have an "arrest me" red Crown Vic.
              Resident diesel addict

Comment

Evidently so. You can't say "the Nate with the red Vic" anymore to distinguish between us...

Comment

looks great Nate mang!
                  sigpic
                  1989 Ford Crown Victoria

Comment

i forgot about the stuff from back when i had the 83 towncar but kit scratch out, in the little yellow bottle, man that got my headlights looking good the other day, also works good on chrome trim

also, when i was in duluth, we had several motorcoaches with no front plates, for both looks, and the deer sometimes removed them

Comment

Okay, guys, enough. Normally I don't get too bent out of shape when threads get hijacked, but I do like to keep it out of my Readers' Rides threads. Fair enough?

Comment

Nate, it's been a couple weeks- how's the purchase holding up? Still glad you made the jump?
                        2011 Mustang GT Premium, MT82, Kona/Saddle, HIDs, 3.73s, 19s, hood/side stripes, UPR 1.5" springs with adjustable panhard bar, and UMI solid LCAs and relocation brackets.

Comment

I still haven't insured it, so it's barely been driven. I've got an intake manifold ordered to throw on there, and I'm trying to talk myself into buying a shift kit for it as well, and I need to replace the headlights, possibly with an HID conversion if I feel like spending money. Also need to put my stereo goodies from the '89 in there. Exhaust is probably gonna wait for now...silence inside as the car goes down the road is actually kind of nice, I'm finding, especially for 12.5 hour trips.

I have noticed a rapid ticking noise coming from the engine area at low idle (in gear), the source of which I haven't figured out yet. I'm hoping it's just something in the exhaust system vibrating and not something internal, but it seems to run just fine, so I'll just drive it and see what happens.

Comment

Good deal, man. Be sure to print out the directions online for the manifold swap. I had a thread here discussing it and Scott posted a link to step by step instructions that make it a breeze.

Shift kit should be a must- it'll clean up the shift, pick up the performance, and extend the life of the transmission.

Stereo also a must. Can never be too clear.

As for the ticking... I know several guys with '01 Panthers who had trouble with it spitting out a spark plug. Just keep an eye on that and when you do the intake, be sure to not overtorque anything.

Comment

If the plugs do fire out of the heads, you can use a time-sert to fix it. Its a known problem on these heads.
                              86 Lincoln Town Car (Galactica).
                              5.0 HO, CompCams XE258,Scorpion 1.72 roller rockers, 3.55 K code rear, tow package, BHPerformance ported E7 heads, Tmoss Explorer intake, 65mm throttle body, Hedman 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" dual exhaust, ASP underdrive pulley

91 Lincoln Mark VII LSC grandpa spec white and cranberry

1984 Lincoln Continental TurboDiesel - rolls coal

Originally posted by phayzer5
                              I drive a Lincoln. I can't be bothered to shift like the peasants and rabble rousers

Comment

Originally posted by Nathan in MN View Post
                                Okay, guys, enough. Normally I don't get too bent out of shape when threads get hijacked, but I do like to keep it out of my Readers' Rides threads. Fair enough?
                                So it shall be.
                                86 Lincoln Town Car (Galactica).
                                5.0 HO, CompCams XE258,Scorpion 1.72 roller rockers, 3.55 K code rear, tow package, BHPerformance ported E7 heads, Tmoss Explorer intake, 65mm throttle body, Hedman 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" dual exhaust, ASP underdrive pulley

91 Lincoln Mark VII LSC grandpa spec white and cranberry

1984 Lincoln Continental TurboDiesel - rolls coal

Originally posted by phayzer5
                                I drive a Lincoln. I can't be bothered to shift like the peasants and rabble rousers

Comment

Working...
                                X