My 1993 Grand Marquis GS

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

service up-date

The leaky oil-pan was patched with fiber-glass today, thanks to SS Tire & Auto Service. This method really saved me some $$. The savings will go towards the paint/installation of the new driver's-side fender!
    '79 Continental Town Car
    '90 Crown Victoria LTD
    '94 Crown Victoria

Comment

Originally posted by 79lincolnlover View Post
      The leaky oil-pan was patched with fiber-glass today, thanks to SS Tire & Auto Service. This method really saved me some $$. The savings will go towards the paint/installation of the new driver's-side fender!
      The oil-pan is leaking again...worse now it seems! Going to take the car to a different shop and have it done right. I have the parts, just need someone to complete the job.
      '79 Continental Town Car
      '90 Crown Victoria LTD
      '94 Crown Victoria

Comment

more amateur painting...

It was sunny and hot today, so I did some more painting on the Merc. After two coats of primer:
        Attached Files
        '79 Continental Town Car
        '90 Crown Victoria LTD
        '94 Crown Victoria

Comment

a minor improvement

After two coats of Oxford white:
          Attached Files
          '79 Continental Town Car
          '90 Crown Victoria LTD
          '94 Crown Victoria

Comment

End result for the fender...One coat on the deck-lid:
            Attached Files
            '79 Continental Town Car
            '90 Crown Victoria LTD
            '94 Crown Victoria

Comment

I am telling you just get some gray silicone and slather that all over the oil pan. I hate how long my dad is milking mine that way.
              ~David~

My 1987 Crown Victoria Coupe: The Brown Blob
              My 2004 Mercedes Benz E320:The Benz

Originally posted by ootdega
              My life is a long series of "nevermind" and "I guess not."

Originally posted by DerekTheGreat
              But, that's just coming from me, this site's biggest pessimist. Best of luck

Originally posted by gadget73
              my car starts and it has AC. Yours doesn't start and it has no AC. Seems obvious to me.

Comment

take a road trip mang......we can change that oil pan, and you can have a vacation

1986 lincoln towncar signature series. 5.0 HO with thumper performance ported e7 heads, 1.7 roller rockers, warm air intake, 65mm throttle body, 1/2" intake spacer, ported intakes, 3.73 rear with trac lock, 98-02 front brake conversion, 92-97 rear disc conversion, 1" rear swaybar, 1 3/16" front swaybar, 16" wheels and tires, loud ass stereo system, badass cb, best time to date 15.94 at 87 mph. lots of mods in the works 221.8 rwhp 278 rwt
                2006 Lincoln Town Car Signature. Stock for now
                1989 Ford F-250 4x4 much much more to come, sefi converted so far.
                1986 Toyota pickup with LSC wheels and 225/60/16 tires.
                2008 Hyundai Elantra future Revcon toad
                1987 TriBurner and 1986 Alaska stokers keeping me warm. (and some pesky oil heat)

please be patient, rebuilding an empire!

Comment

Originally posted by Lincolnmania View Post
                  take a road trip mang......we can change that oil pan, and you can have a vacation
                  Thanks for the offer but I won't be taking any road trips with the Merc until the repair is complete...At least I have 2 other cars to choose from in the meantime. I also need to get an up-dated passport before I can travel to the US...
                  '79 Continental Town Car
                  '90 Crown Victoria LTD
                  '94 Crown Victoria

Comment

service up-date

New oil-pan, gasket and EGR tube have been installed! I picked up the car this morning I missed driving my Aero...
                    '79 Continental Town Car
                    '90 Crown Victoria LTD
                    '94 Crown Victoria

Comment

I guess you had it with the patch job on that pan.
                      ~David~

my car starts and it has AC. Yours doesn't start and it has no AC. Seems obvious to me.

Comment

BIG time.....Next up: new fender paint/installation!
                        '79 Continental Town Car
                        '90 Crown Victoria LTD
                        '94 Crown Victoria

Comment

service up-date

My step-bro installed new NGK V-Power spark plugs and a Moto-Master pcv valve...He'll do the wires next time. I helped out by vacuuming around the engine with my shop vac. With all the rain here lately, it's hard to get much done without a garage...
                          '79 Continental Town Car
                          '90 Crown Victoria LTD
                          '94 Crown Victoria

Comment

Originally posted by 79lincolnlover View Post
                            My step-bro installed new NGK V-Power spark plugs and a Moto-Master pcv valve...He'll do the wires next time. I helped out by vacuuming around the engine with my shop vac. With all the rain here lately, it's hard to get much done without a garage...

No kidding...I have to perform dashboard surgery again ASAP because some of the LEDs in there, while they were fine while I had it apart, apparently aren't seated right and are intermittent... I'm worried about arcing etc so I wanna get it done as soon as I can but the weather has been disgusting.. I can't even wash the damn thing!
                            sigpic

- 1990 Ford LTD Crown Victoria P72 - the street boat - 5.0 liter EFI - Ported HO intake/TB, 90 TC shroud/overflow, Aero airbox/zip tube, Cobra camshaft, 19lb injectors, dual exhaust w/ Magnaflows, Cat/Smog & AC delete, 3G alternator, MOOG chassis parts & KYB cop shocks, 215/70r/15s on 95-97 Merc rims

- 2007 Ford Escape XLT - soccer mom lifted station wagon - 3.0 Duratec, auto, rear converter delete w/ Magnaflow dual exhaust

- 2008 Mercury Grand Marquis Ultimate Edition - Daily driver - 4.6 2 valve Mod motor, 4R75E, 2.73s. Bone stock

Comment

highway robbery...

I called a few shops for estimates to have the fender painted and installed. Qoutes were over $700 (computerized estimate)...Maybe I can find a place that will do the job for a couple hundred cheaper??
                              '79 Continental Town Car
                              '90 Crown Victoria LTD
                              '94 Crown Victoria

Comment

Install the fender yourself.
                                ~David~

Comment

Working...
                                X