No announcement yet.

My 1993 Grand Marquis GS

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Car is now inspected for 2011. Rear pads and rotors had to be replaced. Stopping power has improved!
    '79 Continental Town Car
    '90 Crown Victoria LTD
    '94 Crown Victoria

Comment

a thorough cleaning was in order

I got tired of looking at the winter grime, so it was time to bring back the shine.
      Attached Files
      '79 Continental Town Car
      '90 Crown Victoria LTD
      '94 Crown Victoria

Comment

I always use 2 wash mits. One for the top and the other for the bottom, where most of the dirt gathers.
        Attached Files
        '79 Continental Town Car
        '90 Crown Victoria LTD
        '94 Crown Victoria

Comment

The red interior is looking good as usual.
          Attached Files
          '79 Continental Town Car
          '90 Crown Victoria LTD
          '94 Crown Victoria

Comment

sell my GM

When I get my other 2 cars out of storage, I'm going to remove the GM from my insurance for the summer. I've also been thinking it might be time to put the car up for sale. If I did sell the car, I would have to buy another come winter or go without wheels for a few months.

I should get a decent amount of $$ from income tax this year but I would like to have more $$ to play with. As most of you know, I really want to get my TC painted this year. I'm tired of looking at the faded paint...My '90 CV has surface rust which needs attention soon. My '92 CV needs TLC as well.

What would you do?
            '79 Continental Town Car
            '90 Crown Victoria LTD
            '94 Crown Victoria

Comment

I am a firm believer in sticking with what you have. You mentioned that you would be purchasing another car near winter time if you sell the GM and that leaves the potential for a loss of money.
              ~David~

My 1987 Crown Victoria Coupe: The Brown Blob
              My 2004 Mercedes Benz E320:The Benz

Originally posted by ootdega
              My life is a long series of "nevermind" and "I guess not."

Originally posted by DerekTheGreat
              But, that's just coming from me, this site's biggest pessimist. Best of luck

Originally posted by gadget73
              my car starts and it has AC. Yours doesn't start and it has no AC. Seems obvious to me.

Comment

Originally posted by 87gtVIC View Post
                I am a firm believer in sticking with what you have. You mentioned that you would be purchasing another car near winter time if you sell the GM and that leaves the potential for a loss of money.
                Good point. I don't really want to drive the '92 CV in the snow...
                '79 Continental Town Car
                '90 Crown Victoria LTD
                '94 Crown Victoria

Comment

victim of a bad driver...

I left the GM at home today. I discovered this damage on the driver's side when I got back from work...The paint is scraped up and a wheel cover is broken.
                  Attached Files
                  '79 Continental Town Car
                  '90 Crown Victoria LTD
                  '94 Crown Victoria

Comment

That makes me angry.
                    ~David~

My 1987 Crown Victoria Coupe: The Brown Blob
                    My 2004 Mercedes Benz E320:The Benz

Originally posted by ootdega
                    My life is a long series of "nevermind" and "I guess not."

Originally posted by DerekTheGreat
                    But, that's just coming from me, this site's biggest pessimist. Best of luck

Originally posted by gadget73
                    my car starts and it has AC. Yours doesn't start and it has no AC. Seems obvious to me.

Comment

Originally posted by 79lincolnlover View Post
                      Good point. I don't really want to drive the '92 CV in the snow...

Any idea what kind of $ you would be lookin at for the gs? I would much rather buy something I know was well looked after..like this
                      sigpic

- 1990 Ford LTD Crown Victoria P72 - the street boat - 5.0 liter EFI - Ported HO intake/TB, 90 TC shroud/overflow, Aero airbox/zip tube, Cobra camshaft, 19lb injectors, dual exhaust w/ Magnaflows, Cat/Smog & AC delete, 3G alternator, MOOG chassis parts & KYB cop shocks, 215/70r/15s on 95-97 Merc rims

- 2007 Ford Escape XLT - soccer mom lifted station wagon - 3.0 Duratec, auto, rear converter delete w/ Magnaflow dual exhaust

- 2008 Mercury Grand Marquis Ultimate Edition - Daily driver - 4.6 2 valve Mod motor, 4R75E, 2.73s. Bone stock

Comment

Originally posted by 1990LTD View Post
                        Any idea what kind of $ you would be lookin at for the gs? I would much rather buy something I know was well looked after..like this
                        My initial asking price would likely be $1650 obo.
                        '79 Continental Town Car
                        '90 Crown Victoria LTD
                        '94 Crown Victoria

Comment

Pretty decent deal if you ask me .. my buddy picked up a 95 gs in white also but with blue interior, 250k on it with the frame fixed in 3 spots, heavy rust and burnt rubber all inside the back finders in huge amounts for $1400.. Hard to find a good grand marquis around my area
                          79 Grand Marquis

Comment

1650 would be a smoking deal for one with 140k.....
                            sigpic

- 1990 Ford LTD Crown Victoria P72 - the street boat - 5.0 liter EFI - Ported HO intake/TB, 90 TC shroud/overflow, Aero airbox/zip tube, Cobra camshaft, 19lb injectors, dual exhaust w/ Magnaflows, Cat/Smog & AC delete, 3G alternator, MOOG chassis parts & KYB cop shocks, 215/70r/15s on 95-97 Merc rims

- 2007 Ford Escape XLT - soccer mom lifted station wagon - 3.0 Duratec, auto, rear converter delete w/ Magnaflow dual exhaust

- 2008 Mercury Grand Marquis Ultimate Edition - Daily driver - 4.6 2 valve Mod motor, 4R75E, 2.73s. Bone stock

Comment

Originally posted by 1990LTD View Post
                              1650 would be a smoking deal for one with 140k.....
                              The frame on my GM was patched once by the previous owner. I just had it patched last Fall (see pics) If the frame was perfect, I would try to sell the car for $2200 obo...
                              '79 Continental Town Car
                              '90 Crown Victoria LTD
                              '94 Crown Victoria

Comment

Check the for sale forum...:am:
                                '79 Continental Town Car
                                '90 Crown Victoria LTD
                                '94 Crown Victoria

Comment

Working...
                                X