My 1979 Lincoln Town Car

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

darn mice...

I ran some errands today and cruised around the city. I need to vacuum out the trunk. Each winter, mice like to call the trunk home...I put in a bar of soap and dryer sheets as a deterrent, which helped out a bit during storage. If you mangs have any more suggestions on how to keep mice away, let me know!
    '79 Continental Town Car
    '90 Crown Victoria LTD
    '94 Crown Victoria

Comment

I guess find where they are getting in and close up that hole.
      ~David~

My 1987 Crown Victoria Coupe: The Brown Blob
      My 2004 Mercedes Benz E320:The Benz

Originally posted by ootdega
      My life is a long series of "nevermind" and "I guess not."

Originally posted by DerekTheGreat
      But, that's just coming from me, this site's biggest pessimist. Best of luck

Originally posted by gadget73
      my car starts and it has AC. Yours doesn't start and it has no AC. Seems obvious to me.

Comment

a good week for the Lincoln

The TC is going to get a much needed oil change! Also...the front coil-springs and struts that I bought new last Fall are finally going to be installed. There's a coolant leak...The plastic overflow tank and radiator are the weakest links because the hoses were replaced back in '08.
        '79 Continental Town Car
        '90 Crown Victoria LTD
        '94 Crown Victoria

Comment

I look forward to seeing more of your cars this summer.
          sigpic

- 1990 Ford LTD Crown Victoria P72 - the street boat - 5.0 liter EFI - Ported HO intake/TB, 90 TC shroud/overflow, Aero airbox/zip tube, Cobra camshaft, 19lb injectors, dual exhaust w/ Magnaflows, Cat/Smog & AC delete, 3G alternator, MOOG chassis parts & KYB cop shocks, 215/70r/15s on 95-97 Merc rims

- 2007 Ford Escape XLT - soccer mom lifted station wagon - 3.0 Duratec, auto, rear converter delete w/ Magnaflow dual exhaust

- 2008 Mercury Grand Marquis Ultimate Edition - Daily driver - 4.6 2 valve Mod motor, 4R75E, 2.73s. Bone stock

Comment

Yeah, your car looks great and those seats look amazingly comfortable. Just out of curiosity, what kind of oil do you use?
            1989 Mercury Grand Marquis GS- "Sarah" 122k miles

1975 Lincoln Continental Mark IV- 275k? miles

Comment

Originally posted by SofaKingFast View Post
              Yeah, your car looks great and those seats look amazingly comfortable. Just out of curiosity, what kind of oil do you use?
              5W30 or 10W30
              '79 Continental Town Car
              '90 Crown Victoria LTD
              '94 Crown Victoria

Comment

It gets cold enough to use the 5w30?
                1989 Mercury Grand Marquis GS- "Sarah" 122k miles

1975 Lincoln Continental Mark IV- 275k? miles

Comment

It most certainly does I'm talkin' about winter driving though, which his Lincoln doesn't see.
                  sigpic

- 1990 Ford LTD Crown Victoria P72 - the street boat - 5.0 liter EFI - Ported HO intake/TB, 90 TC shroud/overflow, Aero airbox/zip tube, Cobra camshaft, 19lb injectors, dual exhaust w/ Magnaflows, Cat/Smog & AC delete, 3G alternator, MOOG chassis parts & KYB cop shocks, 215/70r/15s on 95-97 Merc rims

- 2007 Ford Escape XLT - soccer mom lifted station wagon - 3.0 Duratec, auto, rear converter delete w/ Magnaflow dual exhaust

- 2008 Mercury Grand Marquis Ultimate Edition - Daily driver - 4.6 2 valve Mod motor, 4R75E, 2.73s. Bone stock

Comment

Originally posted by SofaKingFast View Post
                    It gets cold enough to use the 5w30?
                    The winter weather here can get quite nasty, which is why I store 2 of my cars.
                    '79 Continental Town Car
                    '90 Crown Victoria LTD
                    '94 Crown Victoria

Comment

mice dont like the smell of moth balls

1986 lincoln towncar signature series. 5.0 HO with thumper performance ported e7 heads, 1.7 roller rockers, warm air intake, 65mm throttle body, 1/2" intake spacer, ported intakes, 3.73 rear with trac lock, 98-02 front brake conversion, 92-97 rear disc conversion, 1" rear swaybar, 1 3/16" front swaybar, 16" wheels and tires, loud ass stereo system, badass cb, best time to date 15.94 at 87 mph. lots of mods in the works 221.8 rwhp 278 rwt
                      2006 Lincoln Town Car Signature. Stock for now
                      1989 Ford F-250 4x4 much much more to come, sefi converted so far.
                      1986 Toyota pickup with LSC wheels and 225/60/16 tires.
                      2008 Hyundai Elantra future Revcon toad
                      1987 TriBurner and 1986 Alaska stokers keeping me warm. (and some pesky oil heat)

please be patient, rebuilding an empire!

Comment

front suspension up-date

In addition to the oil-change, the new front coils(Moog) and struts(Monroe) were installed. I talked to the mechanic and he said it looked as though the old parts were OEM...The front end is much higher now and ride & handling have improved. I'll take some pics this weekend and post them on here or Facebook.
                        '79 Continental Town Car
                        '90 Crown Victoria LTD
                        '94 Crown Victoria

Comment

MOOG make things ride pretty. Front coils are on my long "list of things to do when I can afford it" but the MOOG coils out back are great.

I'd have installed bigger springs up front already but what kills me is the labor to do front springs because I can't touch that stuff myself...no spring compressor and given that I have never used one, I don't trust myself at this point to use one.

Want to see pics of the land boat!!!!
                          sigpic

Comment

new pics on Facebook

I just up-loaded a bunch of pics to my album on FB.
                            '79 Continental Town Car
                            '90 Crown Victoria LTD
                            '94 Crown Victoria

Comment

For those that want to see the pics but aren't on my FB friend list, send me a request: Patrick Evan Delaney
                              '79 Continental Town Car
                              '90 Crown Victoria LTD
                              '94 Crown Victoria

Comment

more paint!

Late June/early July, I'm planning to drop the TC off at Paul Taylor's body shop. The hood, header panel and light covers are on the paint list!
                                '79 Continental Town Car
                                '90 Crown Victoria LTD
                                '94 Crown Victoria

Comment

Working...
                                X